Review AFL R4 v Fremantle @Metricon 7:40pm Saturday 28 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to make changes to this team after performing so well.
I think we should go in unchanged. Unless Ellis cops an unexpected week for his tackle on Atkins.

In the mix: Rankine, Wright, Lemmens, Brodie, Fiorini (although didn't rate a mention in the scratch match report)
On the fringe: Holman, Anderson, Powell, Day

$50 on 40+ already on

Would be nice to see Rankine play

I think we should go in unchanged. Unless Ellis cops an unexpected week for his tackle on Atkins.

In the mix: Rankine, Wright, Lemmens, Brodie, Fiorini (although didn't rate a mention in the scratch match report)

Fiorini was rested first emergency

6000 fans allowed in for this one. Great to know our members/the city of Gold Coast can get involved as we rise.

Considering Port are beating the Dockers fairly convincingly at the moment, I'm going to guess we'll be the favourites going into this clash as well. We handled the favouritism really well today so hopefully that's a sign of things to come next week because we're really riding an awesome wave of momentum at the moment.

Do we even drop anyone after that performance? Rankine, Wright and Brodie apparently all played quite well but I'm just not sure if we can really drop anyone for those guys. I suppose Day was somewhat quiet today which could open the door for Wright but I'd like to keep Sammy as I think he does a good job in the ruck when Wittsy needs a rest. I think we'll play is safe with Izak and make sure he's cherry ripe before letting him debut and Brodie is probably a hard sell at this point as well with the way our inside mids are going. It's entirely possible we go into this game unchanged.

Fremantle will have been in the hub for almost three weeks by the time this game rolls around so you'd think that would really take a toll on them. Hopefully we can take full advantage of that and consolidate our current top 4 position. LET'S GO SUNS!

Pretty sure Stuey said Fiorini was matchday Emergency.

First test in a while. Eagles and Crows clearly struggling. Freo not so and have been very competitive in their games lately.
I agree! The last few weeks have been great but I still feel they were a bit compromised. I won't be truly satisfied until we beat good quality teams at home or go away and claim a victory with this form!

Dew said Rankine played 40-60 minutes.
Still needs another run in the 2's I think.

Not sure what the new QLD restrictions around isolation for people arriving from Victoria will be.
Could be an issue with us playing Geelong in Round 5.
Debuting Rankine in Geelong could be difficult - especially in the cold with his calves / hamstrings.

Anderson may of been quiet today but covered 12.5km and 2.5km at full speed

From the Fox Footy rankings

FREMANTLE

It looked like an incredible round of upsets was going to be completed with another through a quarter, as Justin Longmuir’s Dockers took it up to the unbeaten Power. But it wasn’t to be as the ladder leaders ran away with it thanks to a blistering second quarter, which saw Fremantle kept scoreless. It was still an OK performance - a third consecutive game where you went away from it thinking “you know, they’re not thatbad”. Next week against Gold Coast will be fascinating.

In the votes

We hope you’re sitting down - Nat Fyfe is good at footy. In difficult conditions the dual Brownlow medallist was still the best player on the ground, finishing with 23 disposals, a vital 17 contested possessions, four tackles, three clearances, six score involvements and a goal. Travis Colyer had a fantastic first quarter as the Dockers jumped out to a surprising lead but faded, like the rest of the team. Matt Taberner was the most dangerous forward in purple.

Room for improvement

It was fantastic to see Jesse Hogan back out on the field, but he barely made a peep on Sunday night - admittedly in conditions that didn’t exactly suit him. Reece Conca was rated the worst player on the ground by the AFL Player Ratings despite having 11 touches. This team just needs more time and talent, really.

Grade

C-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Fox Footy rankings

FREMANTLE

It looked like an incredible round of upsets was going to be completed with another through a quarter, as Justin Longmuir’s Dockers took it up to the unbeaten Power. But it wasn’t to be as the ladder leaders ran away with it thanks to a blistering second quarter, which saw Fremantle kept scoreless. It was still an OK performance - a third consecutive game where you went away from it thinking “you know, they’re not thatbad”. Next week against Gold Coast will be fascinating.

In the votes

We hope you’re sitting down - Nat Fyfe is good at footy. In difficult conditions the dual Brownlow medallist was still the best player on the ground, finishing with 23 disposals, a vital 17 contested possessions, four tackles, three clearances, six score involvements and a goal. Travis Colyer had a fantastic first quarter as the Dockers jumped out to a surprising lead but faded, like the rest of the team. Matt Taberner was the most dangerous forward in purple.

Room for improvement

It was fantastic to see Jesse Hogan back out on the field, but he barely made a peep on Sunday night - admittedly in conditions that didn’t exactly suit him. Reece Conca was rated the worst player on the ground by the AFL Player Ratings despite having 11 touches. This team just needs more time and talent, really.

Grade

C-

Freo were scared to get the ball moving forward kept chipping it around and just turn it over

Walters is a selfish player

Rankine probably misses again this week.

However, again, hard to exclude anyone.

Day, Holman, Powell, Anderson and Sexton all had quiet games but I doubt you drop anyone unless Rankine or Flanders really push for selection.
Fiorini possibly to come in but not sure who comes out. No injuries and a in form team, this is so foreign to me

Fiorini possibly to come in but not sure who comes out. No injuries and a in form team, this is so foreign to me

200.gif

It's freakin' doing my head in
Nearly as much as the continued absence of Iva Bigun
The guy has endured the pain from the very beginning and isn't around to share our current form burst
Hope everything's okay

Iva was at the game yesterday wasn’t he?
I remember him saying something about getting 5 tickets.

Can we afford to risk that forward half pressure?
Ainsworth has been surprisingly strong defensively this year for me, didn't think he had the pressure and chasing in him. His repeat sprints are through the roof
Agree with that. Isn't it just weird for us to have these dilemmas. I'm finding it hard to adjust to.

Agree with that. Isn't it just weird for us to have these dilemmas. I'm finding it hard to adjust to.
Yeah i don't know what to do cause I don't want anyone to come out of the team after wins like this, but I also want Fiorini, Flanders, Thompson and Rankine in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back