Review AFL R5 v Geelong @GMHBA Stadium 4:35pm Saturday 4 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong
Sydney
Sydney
Q-Clash
Home game
NT-Hub
I think we’ll need 1 more week in Sydney, we’ll most likely play a Victorian team in Rd 6 in NSW. The Swans have to go play Fremantle in QLD in round 6 (Fremantle have no other possible opponent now) so we’d only get to play them in Rd 7 or 8 :/

images - 2020-07-01T010528.368.jpeg

Some could argue that our young/poor sides lend themselves to giving away a bunch more frees but I also understand the "noise of affermation" crowds stance on things. Would love someone a bit more knowledgeable and less biased than I's take on this.

I think we’ll need 1 more week in Sydney, we’ll most likely play a Victorian team in Rd 6 in NSW. The Swans have to go play Fremantle in QLD in round 6 (Fremantle have no other possible opponent now) so we’d only get to play them in Rd 7 or 8 :/
That's actually a pretty good point, I don't think an extra game in Sydney would hurt too badly.

Might give a bit of extra spark for Wittsy, A couple extra hometown games (Not that he needs it)

Gws?

Brilliant. It’s a disgrace the way we get stitched up and no doubt there will be 3 good ole boys of the VFL doing our game well aware that the Self Entitlement Handbaggers Franchise have milestone games for 2 of its most high profile players.

We have a lot to overcome this week. What an achievement to savour.

GWS are playing Hawthorn this weekend and so are unable to travel up here to Queensland without having to do 14 days quarantine. And Freo have already played the SA/QLD teams, play WCE in Rd 7, and can’t play a Vic team.

It’s so strange but for Rd 6, Fremantle vs Sydney at Metricon is the only possible fixture for them 😂 Although I could be missing something

Brilliant. It’s a disgrace the way we get stitched up and no doubt there will be 3 good ole boys of the VFL doing our game well aware that the Self Entitlement Handbaggers Franchise have milestone games for 2 of its most high profile players.

We have a lot to overcome this week. What an achievement to savour.

"Rowell's Raiders" will get the job done....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is fiorini done? I’m actually shocked he isn’t in the side. It’s a bit strange how usually it takes Years to break in and learn your system and players like Anderson are walk up starts. Surely he deserved a spot over powell or Holman or Hanley etc.

I also think Bowes is used in the wrong position and a bit of a waste of talent to have him in the backline not impacting much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is fiorini done? I’m actually shocked he isn’t in the side. It’s a bit strange how usually it takes Years to break in and learn your system and players like Anderson are walk up starts. Surely he deserved a spot over powell or Holman or Hanley etc.

I also think Bowes is used in the wrong position and a bit of a waste of talent to have him in the backline not impacting much.

Fiorini is a midfielder not a forward or a backman so thats why he has to wait for his turn. He will be the next in if we need another mid

Yeah you are correct on Bowes being out of position but he is probably in our top 4 (Rowell,Miller,Witts) players this year at half back. He is the general back there and using his elite composure and decision making to set us up. I would prefer him in the guts too but with Hanley & Harbrow on the decline and Joyce and Mclennan not there yet, he is a solid option for now

Nah, he is far from done. Reports say he is tracking well through the scratch matches, just needs to work on a bit more polish and decision making with his disposal

Mate, I normally don't respond to posts like this but tonight's the exception.

Thank you for your insights on where we're going wrong, and I'm sure everyone here thanks you for that, but maybe you'd be better served using your time to assist your own club.

Take care and be safe

Mate, I normally don't respond to posts like this but tonight's the exception.

Thank you for your insights on where we're going wrong, and I'm sure everyone here thanks you for that, but maybe you'd be better served using your time to assist your own club.

Take care and be safe

Play nicely Mr Choppers! I don't think he come in with any disrespect at all.

Like asking jack graham should be in the team ahead of Daniel rioli or Liam Baker. Different skills and capabilities.

fiorini has a bit of Matt crouch about him. Gets the ball but not a great user. He played half back in round 1 and had 16 possessions, only 1 was contested yet had disposal efficiency only about 50%.

personally I think Anderson has been lucky to remain in the team as I don’t think he played well in round 2 or 3. Last week was good though. Hanley the reverse has very good round 2,3 and diabolically bad round 4.

Coaches love Powell as he works both ways, finds space, nice kick and is brave.

think you’re only shocked as you don’t really know the good and bad attributes of our players particularly well.

Like asking jack graham should be in the team ahead of Daniel rioli or Liam Baker. Different skills and capabilities.

fiorini has a bit of Matt crouch about him. Gets the ball but not a great user. He played half back in round 1 and had 16 possessions, only 1 was contested yet had disposal efficiency only about 50%.

personally I think Anderson has been lucky to remain in the team as I don’t think he played well in round 2 or 3. Last week was good though. Hanley the reverse has very good round 2,3 and diabolically bad round 4.

Coaches love Powell as he works both ways, finds space, nice kick and is brave.

think you’re only shocked as you don’t really know the good and bad attributes of our players particularly well.
Anderson wasn't good enough for you in round 2? 19 touches, a goal, 5 marks and ran the most KMs of everyone on the field! Was matched up with Gaff and outran him

Gday Guys
What are the chances of Rankine playin this week? He has been tearing it up in scratch matches and by god do I want to see him play.
Hopefully see him soon, but who in your forward/mid mix that would make way.
Absolutely love the Macpherson & Ainsworth combo, could Will Powell make way, even though he has been very solid?

Gday Guys
What are the chances of Rankine playin this week? He has been tearing it up in scratch matches and by god do I want to see him play.
Absolutely love the Macpherson & Ainsworth combo, could Will Powell make way, even though he has been very solid?
I feel like its a low chance, we really want him to play but its hard to pull anyone out of the team at the moment.

Gday Guys
No info just my guess - pretty good chance Rankine will debut against Cats and will replace Macpherson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back