The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Massive game coming up this Saturday down at Kardinia Park playing Geelong on Saturday.

Will be a fantastic game against two great side!

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't like celebrating a players injuries. I don't care who it is.

But no hiding from the fact that Stewart doing his collarbone is a big help to our chances. He is a gun
So is it half celebrating?

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
First time in Geelong i won't be there :( maybe i can buy a drone. Selection again will be big. Rankine seems ready but is this the week to debut him? Think we have to do it soon otherwise we'll be saying that every week. Ainsworth and MacPherson are doing excellent as small forwards so i'm not sure that we're desperate for him.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
If we are switched on and play our fast flowing football, I don’t think the ageing Cats can keep up.

Rankine should debut to provide some extra spark up forward.

Hanley had a shocker?
MacPherson very ill-disciplined at times?
Holman great pressure but not impacting the scoreboard enough?

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
This fixture is historically extremely annoying with campaigners from the Handbaggers Franchise intruding in here.

If I occasionally do a post that has two words “Serenity Now” then you will know what I mean.

They won't be coming here this year to be all cocky, they are only just going right now and their season is hanging in the balance.

With them heading to Perth to play the Pies and the 2 WA teams they desperately need to beat us.

In regards to selection, I'm OK if they make no changes this week. This is a massive test and players that are teetering on the edge will either need to perform or make way for the Rankine's, Fiorini's and Corbett's the week after.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Corbett and Brodie’s form in the 2’s need to be rewarded
Fiorini needs to come back in
Really want to see Rankine in

but I can’t for the life of me figure out who to drop

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cats seemed to struggle at the stoppages with the Gawn's hit-out dominance today. Witts who is only a couple cm's shorter, I reckon should dominate Fort next week, and suns should get on top of the stoppages as a result. I reckon that if you're efficient inside 50 there's every chance of an upset next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Corbett and Brodie’s form in the 2’s need to be rewarded
Fiorini needs to come back in
Really want to see Rankine in

but I can’t for the life of me figure out who to drop

The thing with the scratch matches is we don't really know how they're going without footage or stats. I can't imagine the quality of players they're playing against is too high. Not to mention we don't know how exactly Corbett is getting his goals, and we don't know if he's doing it with huge supply or little supply (and the quality of supply too). And there's also the issue of fitting them into the structure. Let's just trust the coaches, as they know a lot more than us. The team is winning and it's not like anyone's playing terribly (well, except maybe Hanley). Those who deserve opportunities will get them eventually. Just need to be patient.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
The thing with the scratch matches is we don't really know how they're going without footage or stats. I can't imagine the quality of players they're playing against is too high. Not to mention we don't know how exactly Corbett is getting his goals, and we don't know if he's doing it with huge supply or little supply (and the quality of supply too). And there's also the issue of fitting them into the structure. Let's just trust the coaches, as they know a lot more than us. The team is winning and it's not like anyone's playing terribly (well, except maybe Hanley). Those who deserve opportunities will get them eventually. Just need to be patient.

One of the boys have said to me they try and play with full intensity but it just doesn't happen. Both ways. It is just nothing more than a glorified training drill

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Pretty positive for this match up, probably one of the toughest away game's in the AFL. Should be a good game on both teams current form.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Let's make them feel old
Our speed and ability to score quickly should allow us to make them look old. Let's not forget, we absolutely belted them by 68 points during the Marsh series this year and that game included Dangerfield, Hawkins, Ablett and Taylor. They were really only missing Selwood that night. I know it was preseason but the younger guys can take a lot of confidence from that win. We also came really close to beating them last year.

No crowd at GMHBA definitely helps us as well and there would be something really sweet about spoiling Ablett's 350th and Selwood's 300th to record our fourth win on the trot. We seem to be making some kind of history every week so why not get our first win ever in Geelong this Saturday?

It seems Rankine was very good again in the scratchie and coaches believe he is ready. so 90% sure he debuts but it will come down to finding a spot for him.
Would love to see Rankine debut in this one as I think his speed and x factor gives us even more of an edge over their ageing list. How do we fit him in though? That's the one question none of us can answer :think:

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
I don't bet sharemarket aside, do you get a payout on that line if you bet now or does it change

Yeah, you get the payout from what the line is when you bet. I think it will come in a little when they put it all together. Witts should dominate the ruck. No Stewart. No Geelong crowd. A few little equalisers

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I don't bet sharemarket aside, do you get a payout on that line if you bet now or does it change

That's the opening line set by the odds makers - the line will now shift depending on where the money is placed by the betting public

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
That's the opening line set by the odds makers - the line will now shift depending on where the money is placed by the betting public

The line of 19.5 seems juicy as I don't see a scenario where we just give up and the Cats run away with it.

Our run and gun style is a good match up for their slow play. If they study the Freo game they will get Hawkins and Esava to push up at the wings as our key backs often trail in.

I like Bowes as the match up for Ablett - Budas on Miers, Harbs on Dalhaus, Collins on Hawkins.

The biggest advantage we have besides Witts is our small forwards vs their backs - JK, Bews and Tuohy can be exposed defensively by Sexton, Ainsworth, Dmac and Rankine if he plays

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
If we are going to bring Rankine in, this is the week for it, Geelong are a good team, but they are slow, so if we can expose them with pace we are in the game.

Don't know who comes out and who slots in, wait to hear of we have any injuries from the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back