Review AFL R6 v Melbourne @Giants Stadium 6:05pm Saturday 11th July

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Too many passengers tonight. Can't fault the effort to level the scores midway through the last quarter though. Will be a good learning experience for the kids.

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fiorini, Macpherson, budarick, hanley, sexton all didnt contribute enough.. missed shots, turnovers and team selection costed us.. but credit to Melbourne they made the most of their chances.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lost this game at the selection table poor decision by the coaching group
To be fair, I think most people here were wanted him in this week. Even his biggest doubters wouldn't of thought he'd be this bad tonight. Easily the worst game he's ever played.

PokerChamp

Senior List
Mar 29, 2006
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can we please replace Jarrod Witts in the ruck.....

Surely Smith or Wright can offer more.

Honestly it cost us the win tonight.

Sunstar

Senior List
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fiorini, Macpherson, budarick, hanley, sexton all didnt contribute enough.. missed shots, turnovers and team selection costed us.. but credit to Melbourne they made the most of their chances.
Some of the kids are getting tired, thought they were better than Melbournes Pickett though who was highly rated

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m actually not that disappointed - was a fair assessment of where we are as a young club. As Haines said after the Adelaide win improvement isn’t linear - there will be ups and downs

we’re on a trajectory overall that means we’re looking at finals over the next few years, so can’t be disappointed with the kids stuffing it up as they learn occasionally

And rankine..... jeezus Christ....

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m actually not that disappointed - was a fair assessment of where we are as a young club. As Haines said after the Adelaide win improvement isn’t linear - there will be ups and downs

we’re on a trajectory overall that means we’re looking at finals over the next few years, so can’t be disappointed with the kids stuffing it up as they learn occasionally

And rankine..... jeezus Christ....
True. Also, I don't think the team is playing that much worse then when they were winning. I mean, if you look at the wins, there were also a few problems here and there. The team just doesn't have the midfield depth right now without Rowell, and probably would've won at least one of those if he played. With either Miles or Brodie (and maybe a few others) to hopefully come in soon, I can see the team turning it around pretty quickly.

Back