Review AFL R6 v Melbourne @Giants Stadium 6:05pm Saturday 11th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham is one of the 7 surprisingly and Sharp. So far it's Rankine, Fiorini, Smith, Graham, Sharp. Who are 2 remaining?

I think their midfield is very strong.....Viney, Oliver and Petracca in particular. They will smash us if we don't go like for like in there. Team selection this week will be critical.
Oliver and Petracca were very handball happy on Sunday. Melbourne best and damaging player is Gawn. If witts can even out that contest we should be on top in the midfield game. Melbourne don't have any good forwards that present which makes it hard for them to move it.

Weller Swallow Fiorini Greenwood Miller is basically like for like with Brayshaw Viney Oliver Petracca Harmes

Oliver and Petracca were very handball happy on Sunday. Melbourne best and damaging player is Gawn. If witts can even out that contest we should be on top in the midfield game. Melbourne don't have any good forwards that present which makes it hard for them to move it.

Weller Swallow Fiorini Greenwood Miller is basically like for like with Brayshaw Viney Oliver Petracca Harmes
I guess we'll see!

Yeah, Witts. He could not even beat Fort! I am still smarting from it. We could be in trouble. He struggled physically probably due to interupted preseason. Not looking forward to Witts vs Gawn.

Yeah, Witts. He could not even beat Fort! I am still smarting from it. We could be in trouble. He struggled physically probably due to interupted preseason. Not looking forward to Witts vs Gawn.
FWIW I agree with you, but Witts got Coaches votes on the weekend just gone. I wonder what he did that we missed on the telecast? Clearly off the ball stuff must have been good, because he looked no-where compared to weeks gone by.

FWIW I agree with you, but Witts got Coaches votes on the weekend just gone. I wonder what he did that we missed on the telecast? Clearly off the ball stuff must have been good, because he looked no-where compared to weeks gone by.
He looked exhausted. The last 8 min we were spent. It could be traveling on the game day, 3 years and 4 months younger team. But it was turnovers that killed us, some possibly from fatigue. Even Luko kicked it straight to opposition several times.

Time to bring it against Demons. It should be a good battle. They copped enormous criticism this week. They are turnovers kings. Bigger ground should help us I hope. We need to clean up our play.

Have some attention mr bods, you're very important and so smart
Ridiculous behaviour by fellow board members getting way too over hyped, carrying on about Rowell way too much too and forgetting the most basic of precepts
“One Game At A Time”
Pride comes before the fall. We fell. Stop
it. Just stop it. Respect is earned over a long period. Thanks a lot.

Now I’ve got that off my chest. We have improved and that’s nice but we fell away pretty badly against the Handbaggers and Melbourne have some really good tough hard at it footballers plus they are in desperate need of a win.

Our blokes will need to be ready for one tough battle this week.
Most importantly they need to really have an emphasis on getting their kicks and hand pass efficiency sorted out this week.

Huge game this one. Character defining.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Witts defense, I believe the team travelled to Geelong on gameday, and Witts being 209cm, sitting on a plane wouldn't of been the best preparation for him. I don't think it's cause of interrupted pre-season, as he's been pretty dominant in the last few games. Tbh, I think that's the reason a few of the players were off; because they were on the plane only a few hours before playing.

I may be the only one who wants to see this but I hope our boys get stuck into May and give him a hard time on Saturday. King kicking a bag on him too would be satisfying.

This game is definitely winnable if we can bring the intensity we have the past 4 weeks and if we don’t turn the ball over. Particularly out of our defensive 50 *cough Hanley cough Harbrow*

Will be tough without Rowelly but this may be where we see Anderson take a leap forward and have a breakout game.

Nah it’s on!

Dew has been itching to play Rankine since last round 2019, and if he wasn’t fit enough he’d still be on the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back