Out - Macpherson, fiorini, Day, Witts if injured

Ins - Lemmens/sharp, Brodie, Wright, Smith

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
For the first time in over 12 months I am going to say it......

MINI GF
MINI GF
MINI GF
Crap. No one thought we'd get this far into the year, Who wins the pool?

Out- Darcy Mac, Fiorini (can't excuse that effort tonight), Anderson
In - Lemmens, Sharp, Brodie
I didn't think Anderson was droppable bad.

Out - Macpherson, fiorini, Day, Witts if injured

Ins - Lemmens/sharp, Brodie, Wright, Smith
Nor Day.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we can't bring anyone from GC down to the HUB without resetting our 14 day quarantine? that would rule out the likes of Brodie and Lemmens.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Did Fiorini shave your cat or something?
He was deplorable tonight, from a supposed leader of the group his efforts where horrendous. Weak through the contest, plodded around the wing not chasing hard or providing pressure. He provided nothimg

correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we can't bring anyone from GC down to the HUB without resetting our 14 day quarantine? that would rule out the likes of Brodie and Lemmens.
Not sure. Isn't that only for those coming from Victoria? I thought you could fly in and out of Qld/nsw no worries?

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I'd give Fiorini at least another game before dropping him. Playing him on a wing where he's not suited exposes a lot of his flaws. Put him more inside where he collects the ball at will.

Would love to rotate the kids who are naturally starting to fatigue. Bring in Flanders and Sharp for Budda and Noah. Is Flanders down there? Put Weller back behind the ball.

I imagine that QLD based players cannot interact with those in quarantine, otherwise they would have to go into quarantine themselves. That puts a line through guys like Lemmens and Brodie. Fortunately only have to wait another week to see them again maybe.

I would rest Witts too and bring in Smith. He looks sore and really ground down. We can't just keep running him into the ground like this. Hopefully learned from lessons last year where he was cooked.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure. Isn't that only for those coming from Victoria? I thought you could fly in and out of Qld/nsw no worries?
They state that any Queensland or Queensland-based team who:
- Plays against a Melbourne team in Queensland is required to quarantine after the match for 14 days; or
- Plays in Melbourne is required to quarantine for 14 days on returning to Queensland, or
- Plays in another state against a team who has been in Melbourne in the preceding 14 days is required to quarantine on their return to Queensland.

my understanding is that would stretch to new players coming into contact with our players who have been in vic in the past 14 days.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sydney have no ruckman. Theys tarted last week with 195cm defender Aliir Aliir taking the first bounce of the match. 21 year old, 7 gamer, Hayden Mclean at 197cm is also pinch hitting.

AFL is wanting to play 7 games over the next 30 days right? Give Witts a rest now so he can be ready for the coming onslaught.
Zach Smith was excellent in the pre-season - we should definitely maintain an advantage there.

Wish we could bring in Will Brodie, the smaller SCG ground is made for those consteted players - would love him right now.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Miles needs to come in calculation very soon as well.

He will accumulate 20+ possessions every game and bring some additional stability through the midfield.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Crap. No one thought we'd get this far into the year, Who wins the pool?

I didn't think Anderson was droppable bad.

Nor Day.
Day keeps his spot - Wright is just not up to it. Fiorini will probably keep his for one more week BUT doesn't deserve it. McPherson to have a rest and the spotlight definitely on Sexton after a run of very average games. He won't be dropped but has to start doing more, particularly with Rankine getting the media glow from now on. I'd see Flanders, Sharp and Brodie/Miles coming in as they are all tougher at the ball which is what we need to balance the skilful ones - Weller, Ainsworth, Rankine etc. I'm not sure whether they can fly extra players into the hub or not so Brodie or Miles might have to wait until they get home. My personal observation is we are seeing the transition from the days when guys just got gifted games due to lack of depth, players now coming in who haven't had to play for 3+ years of beltings and still know how to play hard to win PLUS some wonderful recruiting. Witts might be playing sore so Zac Smith may be needed to give him a rest - Sydney rucks are no big deal so the risk can be made. Also Holman might be in doubt....as Bods says, it's a Mini GF for sure.

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
we lost in the clearances in the middle of the ground the past 2 weeks on the road, really need to mix the midfield up because it's not working there. With a core of Swallow, Miller, Greenwood it's a heavy defensive midfield that aren't hunting the clearance, maybe Swallow to do a run with role on Heeney instead? Greenwood to Kennedy, and Miller to Parker. Bring Ainsworth/Bowes more into the mid rotation. I like Benny's clearance work personally and could find a bit more and use it well.

I agree with a potential rest for Witts, but I think make that decision earlier this week when they release more of the fixture to see matchups etc...? Sydney don't have a lot of talls at the moment so it will expose them, particularly with Allir having to ruck.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
we lost in the clearances in the middle of the ground the past 2 weeks on the road, really need to mix the midfield up because it's not working there. With a core of Swallow, Miller, Greenwood it's a heavy defensive midfield that aren't hunting the clearance, maybe Swallow to do a run with role on Heeney instead? Greenwood to Kennedy, and Miller to Parker. Bring Ainsworth/Bowes more into the mid rotation. I like Benny's clearance work personally and could find a bit more and use it well.

I agree with a potential rest for Witts, but I think make that decision earlier this week when they release more of the fixture to see matchups etc...? Sydney don't have a lot of talls at the moment so it will expose them, particularly with Allir having to ruck.
I don't think there is too much wrong with the midfield. Unfortunately, it starts with Witts and he was very ordinary to say the least. Fort beat him the last week. Fort - the delist material. I really don't understand why he plays when not fit (I hope that's the case). And if we want to play Fiorini it has to be inside. On the wing he was incredibly slow. Sharp on the wing or refreshed Powell for me. Corbett replacing Macpherson. He will be a good marking option on the wings and forward and brings pressure too.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Heeney has been playing pure forward basically. Bowes to match up on him for me.

Back