Review AFL R7 - vs Sydney @ The SCG - Saturday July 18th 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

facing another team with their backs against the wall and the media will be trying to fire them up
Nope. Melb media don't really talk about sydney that way, because they are rebuilding. Its been talked about they should just keep blooding kids, and have to look to the future.

Sat with some Carlton supporters at Metricon on Sunday night, and watched a few thousand of them collectively poop themselves thinking they’d blow a 40 point lead in the last quarter - was like watching war vets with PTSD!

Not gonna let that happen to my club! Not only will we win this weekend - we’re gonna spank em by 50!! Confident but not cocky, at the same time not looking over my shoulder that the boogie man is going to get us...

I expect to win, I’ll be devastated if we don’t. Same attitude the boys need to have this week.

Sat with some Carlton supporters at Metricon on Sunday night, and watched a few thousand of them collectively poop themselves thinking they’d blow a 40 point lead in the last quarter - was like watching war vets with PTSD!

Not gonna let that happen to my club! Not only will we win this weekend - we’re gonna spank em by 50!! Confident but not cocky, at the same time not looking over my shoulder that the boogie man is going to get us...

I expect to win, I’ll be devastated if we don’t. Same attitude the boys need to have this week.
Speaking about the Carlton game. Wow- What is Carlton doing to Jack Martin that we didn't do??

Speaking about the Carlton game. Wow- What is Carlton doing to Jack Martin that we didn't do??
Nothing. Players play better when they are happy. Clearly he wasn't happy for whatever reason. Or maybe he should have been playing more of the role he is playing.

The boring, slow, ugly style Sydney play. The game might be lucky to have 50 points scored total.

It looks like we could be playing Swans at Metricon this Sat. All team located in NSW will move out most probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have come around to the thinking you can't just drop Fiorini after 1 game, give him another game against a team with a weaker contested game than Melbourne and see how he performs, if he struggles again then drop him off.

Hanley, however, I would be dropping, he has just not looked up to it since lockdown and is looking slow. I would look to bring back Powell, looked tired against Geelong, hopefully a week off and against some smaller bodies will allow him to get a better look at it, if not Powell, debut Sharp.

MacPherson is the same, fan favourite, but he hasn't put up any sort of performance he can hang his hat on. Would use this game to have a look at Corbett and stretch a very short Sydney team as a 3rd tall leading up. Allowing Day and King to play deeper force the likes of Rampe and Fox, who are undersized to try and get an advantage in the air while having the likes of Rankine, Sexton and Ainsworth at their feet.

So overall:

Out: Hanley, MacPherson
In: Corbett, Powell

Could this game be relocated? Canberra? Or back up here? Or gabba or cairns?
Would either be the Gabba or somewhere else such as Canberra.. if at the Gabba, I’d expect both Gabba games being switched in time slot to afternoon and evening with the original Saturday night Tigers v North moving to twilight

I feel like if we relegated Fiorini to water boy at this point, our players would die of thirst

Didn’t someone on here say Peter Wright stayed on the Gold Coast ?

It looks like he’s now down with the team in wollongong.
So maybe extra players could travel down after all

Last edited:
Didn’t someone on here say Peter Wright started on the Gold Coast ?

Found this post by Mt Isa Mustang in the Geelong game day thread....

Interesting emergencies

EMG: Flanders, Wright, Smith, Sharp

If there are any smaller players who can't play we are going to see a debutant.

Didn’t someone on here say Peter Wright started on the Gold Coast ?

I thought the travelling party is the weekends best 22 plus
Wright Corbett Smith Powell Sharp Graham and I can't recall the other two.
Maybe Flanders as he was in Geelong and didn't play the scratch match against free this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back