The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Such a historic game coming up on Thursday Night with our first Thursday/Friday night match in our history.

A top eight clash against the Doggies back at home at the Con!

Cannot wait!! Go SUNS!

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
With the short break, I think it would be very handy to have a fresh contested midfielder like Brodie rotating through the middle.

And another fresh pressure forward like Lemmens.

Powell & DMac omitted for mine.

Both struggled playing their role in the best 22 today.

Very pleasing to see improvement in Hanley & Harbs today.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Would love to see flanders and sharp
With the short break, I think it would be very handy to a fresh contested midfielder like Brodie rotating through the middle.

And another fresh pressure forward like Lemmens.

Powell & DMac omitted for mine.

Both struggled playing their role in the best 22 today.

Very pleasing to see improvement Hanley & Harbs today.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
I'd like to see Miles back in
I know we all have our favourite players but I reckon he's well underrated
As above, some players need rotating
Holman, Powell, MacPherson in my sights
Miles and Brodie are fine players and deserve their opportunity
Problem will be stepping up from 12 months off

Forgot about Miles.

His experience through the midfield would be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Interesting game.

Dogs are very hot and cold. If they don't turn up, we are every chance to roll them.

Out: MacPherson and Powell
In: Lemmens and Miles/Brodie

Lemmens a straight swap for Darcy who has been poor, offers more speed in the forward 50. Powell I would switch out for a bit more inside grunt, take your pick between Miles (more experience) and Brodie (Height and potential).

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Some may even say, a mini grand final...
Haha, or even a round 8 game.. geez I'm glad the players didn't carry on after the Swans game. They are all important!
Tough one this week, but we are at home and we let that Melbourne game get away.
Would love Brodie in but who is he going to replace? Swallow, Greenwood and Miller were just about best on...
Wouldn't be surprised if they go unchanged again and there is nothing wrong with that.
Would've killed for this kind of stability in years gone by.
Big round 8 game coming up, Let's cement our spot in the 8.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I’m not giving it that tag. It would be very meaningful though and give us some breathing space.

You are right to some extent, 3 losses in a row would have set the club back given the Swans were devastated by injury and were there for the taking.

This week's game is big in terms of a win sets us up for a tilt at finals.

I don't think the Bulldogs are a great match up for us. Similar to the Demons who have a strong midfield, who had us always on the backfoot from stoppages. Witts has to be able to at least beat English at the coal face and give our Mids first use.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can't wait for this game! So exciting to finally be given a time slot which should mean a greater number of eyes get to see our beautiful game style. You can bet your bottom dollar Rankine will be up for this game. I just hope the other younger lads aren't a bit spooked by the occasion. We need our leaders to lead just as they did yesterday and the younger boys will follow. The Dogs were very clinical against Essendon on Friday night so we will have to bring maximum effort over four quarters to give ourselves a chance to walk away with the W.

This also happens to be Bowesy's 50th game so let's hope the boys can take a little extra into the game for Jack and consolidate our spot in the top 8!

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Greenwood can cement recruit of the year this weekend against the bont

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
For what we payed for him he is already recruit of the year. Exactly we have been missing, throws his body around and goes hard after every ball. Has no issed being a battering ram to help the team. Fantastic bloke off the field as well, couldn't be happier with Hughy

CoZi36

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar, Bolton Wanderers
I know this doesn't belong here but I want you guys to see my post: I am thinking of going down to Metricon and going to the Melbourne-Brisbane match on Sunday evening 6:10pm. Where is the best place to park near the stadium or where can I park and get the bus from and from Metricon? Thank you. Good luck and all the best for the remainder of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back