Review AFL R8 vs Western Bulldogs @Metricon- Thursday 23 July 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost that at the selection table
There seems to be a feeling some players have earnt the right to multiple poor efforts while guys who have put in serious hard yards for us over the past couple of seasons languish in scratch matches
My team didn't have Powell MacPherson Holman or Hanley
I wonder how it would have gone tonight

Im actually really annoyed with this game. More then any other this year. We dominated the majority of the match and couldn't score at all. Holman and MacPherson need a week(s) off. They arent doing anything on the scoreboard and it hurts us inside 50. Get Flanders and Lemmens in there asap
Think Flanders is injured

I don’t want to be Mr Critical but losing these games doesn’t cut it anymore. We’ve got to get the wins. Being competitive is just not good enough. We could easily be a top 4 side but we’ve just wasted two games already this year (potentially a third if you include Geelong) that we have either kicked ourself out of the game with pathetic goal kicking or we just rush it inside 50 and not take advantage of our inside 50s. Did we dominate the game tonight? As a whole we did. The dogs had their little bursts that resulted in direct goals but on a whole we were the better side. It also helps when you Get contested marks or free kicks directly in front.
We are not a top 4 side mate take the Rose coloured glasses off. We are still the youngest team in the league and the majority of our best 22 are developing players. If you think we are top 4 you need to get your head checked

Lost that at the selection table
There seems to be a feeling some players have earnt the right to multiple poor efforts while guys who have put in serious hard yards for us over the past couple of seasons languish in scratch matches
My team didn't have Powell MacPherson Holman or Hanley
I wonder how it would have gone tonight
Powell was great, had a couple of iffy moments but was pretty impressive in a position he has played twice now. Id keep persisting with him there. Ball use and his work rate is great. Defensive nous will come to him. Prefer him to footsteps Joyce

Cant believe Rankine missed that snap. Would have him down 100% success. Flair is great but probably needs a bit more technique with that one, get a bit more balanced.

Despite hanging in there, don't think we had that many good players tonight.
Collins is just made of granite, so solid and strong that guy. So impressed with him.

Yeah, I'm not too bothered with the loss. The Dogs are good - real good. We just lacked some composure trying to get it done. To even be that close is a tick for us. Our system is clearly working. More learning. We're a very young team with kids on every line.

The loss sucks. If we didn't concede that 50 or if Rankine kicks a bit straighter, we win. But I'd rather that than just getting hammered which is what was happening this time last year.

Overall can't be angry at that performance, but I am damn frustrated.

Sexton found some form.

Ballard and Lukosius got found out tonight with some poor defensive free kicks.

Rankine was good but not amazing, missed some very gettable shots.

Miller and Swallow battled hard against a more talented midfield, Swallow's best game for the season.

As mentioned above MacPherson needs a spell in the 2's, Hanley can probably go join him as well.

We are not a top 4 side mate take the Rose coloured glasses off. We are still the youngest team in the league and the majority of our best 22 are developing players. If you think we are top 4 you need to get your head checked
I was meaning we could be if we won the dees and dogs games that we should have won

Very frustrated by the loss. We were better for long periods. Bulldogs hanged by a thread at the end. Next time kick it please, Rankine and no stupid mistakes. Future is bright. Very proud of the team. They fought hard. Look at how far we progressed from the last year.

We beat them last year! Way to dig the knife deeper :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant believe Rankine missed that snap. Would have him down 100% success. Flair is great but probably needs a bit more technique with that one, get a bit more balanced.

Despite hanging in there, don't think we had that many good players tonight.
Collins is just made of granite, so solid and strong that guy. So impressed with him.
I was celebrating at the ground because I was 100% sure he had kicked it. Gutted at the result.

But all things considered off of 5 days rest to go down by a kick against a decent side isn't the end of the world, Those are the kind of games that could go either way... And it just didn't for us tonight.

9 day rest then onto West Sydney, Gotta keep moving forward.

Oh... And #freekickdogs

Let Bods never say that I never agree with him

I was meaning we could be if we won the dees and dogs games that we should have won
Ladder position doesn't mean we are an actual top 4 side. We have had a cruisy draw so far, we aren't a finals team this year and that's okay. Need another preseason or 2 in the legs and these games are the ones we break through and run away with

Maybe the coaches think its a big gap from playing AFL to....
Bont is amazing. We just don't have anyone in that class to bring us over the line. Similar to Gawn against Melbourne. When he was off we got ascendency.
Bont didn't even do anything, got most of his touches at half back and went 35% tonight. Got held pretty well tonight. Someone like Bailey Smith was the killer tonight in their midfield.

I don't think can be too unhappy. 12 months ago, they were being spanked time and time again. To have improved so much to lose by a few points; yes it's frustrating, but have to be very proud of how far they have come in a short amount of time.

They'll learn from these types of games and will be better going forward. Not going to win every game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back