Review AFL Rating of WCE 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Potentially, but just because Bolton wins the Sandover medal doesn't mean he is good enough to be another above a serviceable player at AFL level and at 24 there isn't much improvement left. Looking at the Sandover leaderboard and it's full of blokes who were nothing more than decent at AFL level. Matt De Beor came second, is only 2 years older - I can't imagine there are going to be too many people thinking he should get much more of a crack in the AFL.

In regards to Karpany I hope he comes good. I want all our guys to come good. But at this stage it would be more of a bonus than based on any sort realistic expectation.
menagola from last year is a success story.

menagola from last year is a success story.
There are a good few guys floating around who did well after languishing in the state leagues or on rookie lists for a while. It's not unheard of. But as I said earlier, expecting guys to go from not getting a game to becoming star players is not any sort of realistic expectation.

There are a good few guys floating around who did well after languishing in the state leagues or on rookie lists for a while. It's not unheard of. But as I said earlier, expecting guys to go from not getting a game to becoming star players is not any sort of realistic expectation.
taking a punt on bolton late or on the rookie won't hurt tbh. ready made player that could come in and play a few games and push our youngsters. Also if you have a bloke getting +30 disposals a week in the 2's, it means your mastens, hutchings, reddens, duggans and jettas feel immense heat from beneath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back