AFL other games r12-01.png

Last edited:

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Shows how far off the pace we are when the Tigers manhandled us in the wet and Geelong are absolutely flogging them.
yes and no. the theory that x was beaten by y, but then z flogged y later so therefore z must be a zillion times better than x is a bit flawed/

Having said that, Cats look deadly tonight. I'm no great fan of Geelong but they've been good. Plus its nice to see shitty Richmond fans crapping on about how unbeatable they are at the G get all embarrassed.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I remember when everyone laughed at Richo when he said the taller goal posts made it harder to kick goals. Absoloutely the optical illusion would have an impact.

It's like kicking a footy at a bin from 10m away. Easy, now try it standing in a narrow hallway. Same task but it so much harder

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I didn't watch the game but I'm sick of Geelong. If they make the grand final I'll be backing the opposition even if that is Collingwood.
Can you believe Bruce said "Geelong need a flag." Like * they do.

I respect their recruiters and like some of their players (Tuoy, Tomahawk) but a lot of them s**t me. Namely Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan, Chris Scott. There's just a certain smarmyness about them.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn't watch the game but I'm sick of Geelong. If they make the grand final I'll be backing the opposition even if that is Collingwood.

They're currently head and shoulders above the rest of the comp and have a fairly cozy draw running in to finals. Got the two SA teams in the next two weeks and the only other current top 8 team they play is Brisbane. The wheels would have to fall off for them to finish outside the top 2.

Sadly, they're a red hot chance to go deep into finals.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
They're currently head and shoulders above the rest of the comp and have a fairly cozy draw running in to finals. Got the two SA teams in the next two weeks and the only other current top 8 team they play is Brisbane. The wheels would have to fall off for them to finish outside the top 2.

Sadly, they're a red hot chance to go deep into finals.
Yes but strange things happen. Look at Richmond had an absolute dream run with injuries and were clearly the dominant side last year but choked in the preliminary final.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can you believe Bruce said "Geelong need a flag." Like **** they do.

I respect their recruiters and like some of their players (Tuoy, Tomahawk) but a lot of them **** me. Namely Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan, Chris Scott. There's just a certain smarmyness about them.
I can believe it because he also said the bombers were everyone's second favourite team, yuk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes but strange things happen. Look at Richmond had an absolute dream run with injuries and were clearly the dominant side last year but choked in the preliminary final.

Strange things do happen, but barring a run of injuries, Geelong have a lot of class on the park and they'll probably have the opportunity to rotate the likes of Ablett, Selwood, Danger, etc a bit and keep them fresh for the run in.

May 27, 2012
Derweze, Turkmenistan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can you believe Bruce said "Geelong need a flag." Like **** they do.

I respect their recruiters and like some of their players (Tuoy, Tomahawk) but a lot of them **** me. Namely Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan, Chris Scott. There's just a certain smarmyness about them.

The *? Hawkins looks, acts and (I expect) smells like the school yard bully who's too stupid to realise he's 3 year levels behind where he should be.

Also, Bruce is sundowning hard. Best to ignore as much as possible

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
The ****? Hawkins looks, acts and (I expect) smells like the schoolyard who's too stupid to realise he's 3 year levels behind where he should be.

Also, Bruce is sundowning hard. Best to ignore as much as possible

Bruce has been unbearable for decades. Its actually a bit of a novelty to get the opportunity to observe someone descend into senility on television.

May 27, 2012
Derweze, Turkmenistan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bruce has been unbearable for decades. Its actually a bit of a novelty to get the opportunity to observe someone descend into senility on television.
Just a shame that 7's standards means he'll still be calling games when all he does is complain about the temperature and scold Gladys for wearing that dress that shows her ankles.
Come to think of it could be an improvement you just feel he's getting even better don't you?

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just a shame that 7's standards means he'll still be calling games when all he does is complain about the temperature and scold Gladys for wearing that dress that shows her ankles.
Come to think of it could be an improvement you just feel he's getting even better don't you?

99% sure he'll be trading hypothetical questions with imaginary Dennis in the box, won't he?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The Cripps vs Oliver debate isn't oven open anymore. Oliver's on an exercise bike at the moment while Cripps is winning the Tour deFrance

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Unfortunately yes, Oliver does have time on his side though.

2 years younger right? Not to say it couldn't happen but Cripps confidence has gone through the roof while Oliver's is gone.

Our development coaches should spend the rest of the year at training teaching him how to break tackles and run with the ball

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
2 years younger right? Not to say it couldn't happen but Cripps confidence has gone through the roof while Oliver's is gone.

Our development coaches should spend the rest of the year at training teaching him how to break tackles and run with the ball

Two years younger and double shoulder reco over the offseason. Agree his confidence is crap atm, needs to back himself more because he’s actually a pretty good athlete.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Two years younger and double shoulder reco over the offseason. Agree his confidence is crap atm, needs to back himself more because he’s actually a pretty good athlete.

I can't recall him breaking an initial tackle and then accelerating away with the ball like Viney. That's the next step to him becoming truly elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back