AFL Rd 20 - Sydney v Collingwood - 19:25 AEST, AUG 04, 2018 - SCG - Stone the crows! Sydney are 9th?

Who will win?

• Sydney by a bucketload

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sydney by a teaspoon

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Too hard to call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by a handful of mince

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Pies by a family special meat tray

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at your injury list and I gotta say only Treloar, De Goey and maybe Wells and Elliott would be best 22 at Richmond. The rest are battlers. Collingwood really aren’t missing much quality.

Richmond have 6 best 22 players out and continue chalking up wins.
Why are we talking about Richmond?

lol, jog-on.

Yes-but not as many and not for as long. If it's a contest on who is missing the most best 22 the AFL has already officially set up a table and we are the dubious winners-quite a way worse off than Sydney. You may as well say an amputation and a twisted ankle are both injuries.
No matter who wins flag it will be tarnished because of Pies injuries. No matter they have not beaten a top 8 team- dees excepted.

Last edited:

No matter who wins flag it will be tarnished because of Pies injuries. No matter they have not beaten a top 8 team- dees excepted.

This is a thread about the Sydney - Collingwood game. If you feel the need to vent your insecurities as a Richmond fan, feel free to start another thread on your own circle jerk board.

This is a thread about the Sydney - Collingwood game. If you feel the need to vent your insecurities as a Richmond fan, feel free to start another thread on your own circle jerk board.
So you did not lose to Swans because of injuries?

Who are these best 22 Swans that are currently missing out? As far as I see, it’s Grundy (cooked), Hannebery (not actually best 22 on form) Mills and Reid but none would be in their side’s top 15.

Not only do I think Sydney fans have overblown their injury crisis, I think they’ve had the friendliest injury run this year.

Who are these best 22 Swans that are currently missing out? As far as I see, it’s Grundy (cooked), Hannebery (not actually best 22 on form) Mills and Reid but none would be in their side’s top 15.

Not only do I think Sydney fans have overblown their injury crisis, I think they’ve had the friendliest injury run this year.
With all due respect, I have not scene one post from a Sydney fan bleating about injuries, and please do not mention the merits of injured players because I know which team bleats the most. Surely this a post filled with sarcasm. Can we have one Pies poster not mention injuries? WE KNOW HOW UNLUKY YOU ARE AND YOU WILL WIN FLAG IN 2019 WHEN YOU HAVE A FULL LIST. ok done?

Yes-but not as many and not for as long. If it's a contest on who is missing the most best 22 the AFL has already officially set up a table and we are the dubious winners-quite a way worse off than Sydney. You may as well say an amputation and a twisted ankle are both injuries.
Mills, Melican, Naismith and Reid have all been out of the side most of the year.

Mills and Reid not in our best 15??

OK then.

“As far as I can see”

In other words, you can’t see as far as our #1 ruckman Sam Naismith.

Or Kurt Tippett.

You do what you want pal, just saying I don’t post about other teams if I clearly know nothing about them.

Mills and Reid not in our best 15??

OK then.

“As far as I can see”

In other words, you can’t see as far as our #1 ruckman Sam Naismith.

Or Kurt Tippett.

You do what you want pal, just saying I don’t post about other teams if I clearly know nothing about them.

Sinclair’s 2018 has been twice as good as any of Naismith’s seasons ever. Kurt Tippett? It’s not 2016 anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Richmond fans don’t cringe at themselves before they hit send on their posts is beyond me.

The way you carry on is embarassing.

I’ve never hated a reigning premiers posters so much.

Sinclair’s 2018 has been twice as good as any of Naismith’s seasons ever. Kurt Tippett? It’s not 2016 anymore.
Sinclair has gone better than expected yes, but he was our #3 ruck.

Or is your argument that
Pies have had a worse run with injuries because your stopgaps haven’t stepped as well as our stopgaps?

Sinclair has gone better than expected yes, but he was our #3 ruck.

Or is your argument that
Pies have had a worse run with injuries because your stopgaps haven’t stepped as well as our stopgaps?

Neither. I’m simply stating that I believe many Sydney supporters are exaggerating the impact of their injuries greatly.

Mills, Melican, Naismith and Reid have all been out of the side most of the year.
You answered your own question. Treloar, Reid, Dunn, Goldsack, Elliott, DeGoey, Aish, Broomhead, Greenwood, Varcoe, Moore, Wells, Fasolo have all missed multiple weeks and some the whole year. Scharenberg will miss the rest of this season and Howe was also missing last night.

Because of injuries. Get it? people keep saying: " I know you've got a lot of injuries, but.....you are an average team. It's insane. We are not a top team because of our injuries. Without them we would be a contender, hence the frustration and gnashing of teeth by Collingwood supporters.

"Johnny ran the sprint final with a broken leg and came third."
"I know Johnny had a broken leg but he wasn't good enough to beat the two fastest runners."

Jesus wept.

You answered your own question. Treloar, Reid, Dunn, Goldsack, Elliott, DeGoey, Aish, Broomhead, Greenwood, Varcoe, Moore, Wells, Fasolo have all missed multiple weeks and some the whole year. Scharenberg will miss the rest of this season and Howe was also missing last night.
I didn't ask a question.

A poster said Swans significant outs hadn't been out for as long. I simply pointed out that four of our main players have been out most of the year. In my books, that's "long".

(Forgot to mention Tippett in that post, so five actually.)

BTW a lot of the Swans posters on here griping about Pies supposed effort despite terrible injuries aren't having a go at Pies supporters, they're having a go at the braindead commentary team last night, who apparently thought only one team had any injuries.

Because of injuries. Get it? people keep saying: " I know you've got a lot of injuries, but.....you are an average team. It's insane. We are not a top team because of our injuries. Without them we would be a contender, hence the frustration and gnashing of teeth by Collingwood supporters.

"Johnny ran the sprint final with a broken leg and came third."
"I know Johnny had a broken leg but he wasn't good enough to beat the two fastest runners."

Jesus wept.
I get it - it is only the Pies supporters who menotion injuries.What have you aschieved in the last five years that says you would be a contender with a full list?At lease Swans have score on the board. You guys have achieved nothing - yet you get injuries and you are contenders on the strength of beating the Dees. Can I respectfully suggest you have lost the plot. Your had better hurry up as a majority of your elite players are cooked or over 30.Based on last night I would be more fearful of Sydney come finals time.

I didn't ask a question.

A poster said Swans significant outs hadn't been out for as long. I simply pointed out that four of our main players have been out most of the year. In my books, that's "long".

(Forgot to mention Tippett in that post, so five actually.)

BTW a lot of the Swans posters on here griping about Pies supposed effort despite terrible injuries aren't having a go at Pies supporters, they're having a go at the braindead commentary team last night, who apparently thought only one team had any injuries.
Tippet quit. He is not on your list. But the point the commentary team was making is valid. Our list is far more extensive than yours and most of the players on it have or will miss months, not weeks-that's the point.

I get it - it is only the Pies supporters who menotion injuries.What have you aschieved in the last five years that says you would be a contender with a full list?At lease Swans have score on the board. You guys have achieved nothing - yet you get injuries and you are contenders on the strength of beating the Dees. Can I respectfully suggest you have lost the plot. Your had better hurry up as a majority of your elite players are cooked or over 30.Based on last night I would be more fearful of Sydney come finals time.

What had you achieved in the year prior to winning the flag? A flag winning year in which you had a dream run with injury. Your final game of the year before was a 100 point humiliation. That doesn't seem to be a sign of good things to come. You are talking rubbish. We have played electric footy for a major part of the year despite constantly losing key players. We have been entrenched in the top four for a long period despite losing key players on a weekly basis. Logic dictates that given our position we would be doing even better with even half of those class players available. As for the easy draw-we annihilated north two weeks ago with a midget defense minus all our key talls and you fell over the line against them with a full strength team. We smashed Adelaide in Adelaide before their horror injury run kicked in and only a couple of weeks after they smashed you. Make of it what you will. :)

What had you achieved in the year prior to winning the flag? A flag winning year in which you had a dream run with injury. Your final game of the year before was a 100 point humiliation. That doesn't seem to be a sign of good things to come. You are talking rubbish. We have played electric footy for a major part of the year despite constantly losing key players. We have been entrenched in the top four for a long period despite losing key players on a weekly basis. Logic dictates that given our position we would be doing even better with even half of those class players available. As for the easy draw-we annihilated north two weeks ago with a midget defense minus all our key talls and you fell over the line against them with a full strength team. We smashed Adelaide in Adelaide before their horror injury run kicked in and only a couple of weeks after they smashed you. Make of it what you will. :)
The key point is yes we had done nothing BUT played finals for three years. THEN WON A FLAG. Answer the question what makes you think your fullteam wil AUTOMATICALLY be premiers contend or make the eight? Suppostion and speculation - you do not have score on board like Swans and Tigers. You have injuries to hang your hat on that is all? Please answer the question what has Buckley and his team achieved??????

Tippet quit. He is not on your list. But the point the commentary team was making is valid. Our list is far more extensive than yours and most of the players on it have or will miss months, not weeks-that's the point.
I don’t know how these things work, but my understanding is that he is indeed on our list until the end of the season.

And I’m not going to get into our-injury-list-is-longer-than-yours BS, but Mills, Reid, Naismith, Melican and Tippett, all first-pick players, are all out for months too.

You seem to be saying they’ve only been out for weeks.

Whatever.

Back