AFL Rd 3 Collingwood v Carlton -Prematch Talk and Team Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers matty, good read (except for those GF losses).
Thanks, I love that the rivalry really got going with them after the only Grand Final we won against them.:thumbsu:

Harry O usually rips Eddie Betts a new one every time we play and I'd suggest that Eddie would kick 8 on Ugle. Harry on Betts for mine.

Ugle is far better bet than Sinclair though. Better skills, kicks goals. Neither Sincalir or Ugle have the pace to go with Yarran - I don't think many in the comp do.

The quicker we can see what Elliot has to offer the better.

You reckon? I reckon Ugle would mow him down in 5 seconds with a 2 metre hadicap

Carlton will thrash us, there too fast!
Hopefully we can raise a few eyebrows friday night as everyone is starting to write us off, a solid win would be amazing, and would set us up with a win streak with a few easy games coming up(we will beat geelong).
Will the blues be going in favourites?

Hopefully we can raise a few eyebrows friday night as everyone is starting to write us off, a solid win would be amazing, and would set us up with a win streak with a few easy games coming up(we will beat geelong).
Will the blues be going in favourites?

I would say the Blues would be Favorites going in.

I doubt there be a Flogging for either Side. I say be a win to either side between 2-3 Goals.

Our Best Chance is to try and Expose there Backline

I would say the Blues would be Favorites going in.

I doubt there be a Flogging for either Side. I say be a win to either side between 2-3 Goals.

Our Best Chance is to try and Expose there Backline
if carlton beat us they will be claiming premiership favouritsm.
Never been this eager to win, ever!

Speed is so over rated, Geelong, Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn don't have a heap of it, yet they are the clear four best sides in the competition.

I say if anything Carlton may rely on pace too much, they lack the defensive side of their game to compete with the absolute best, and also the sacrifice winning the contested ball for pace. Yarran, Betts, Garlett etc are terrible contested ball players, and this will show up once again on Friday Night against the best contested ball winning team in football.

Yes, Carlton may still beat us this week, but it will have more to do with no Nathan Brown or Chris Tarrant then leg speed, that's the only advantage they have over us at the moment.

Played bloody well against Hawthorn, then beat Richmond with ease.

Players lift for these big games, we have big inclusions and after 2 matches players should be reaching peak fitness. I'm backing us in to win this one, Pies by 16

Shocking against Hawthorn. Not too bad against the tigers. He played a bit on Riewoldt (not long though) but mainly played on Miller who kicked 4. He will get Hampson on Friday night i would say.

Keeffe played mainly on Vickery and beat him hands down. Was on Reiwoldt for a few contests and won those too.

The week before he beat Hale.

Shocking against Hawthorn. Not too bad against the tigers. He played a bit on Riewoldt (not long though) but mainly played on Miller who kicked 4. He will get Hampson on Friday night i would say.

He nullified Hale in round 1 and was definitely not shocking. He also did not concede 4 to Miller. Miller kicked his first on Taz (though he was unlucky considering that was due to a Pendles turnover) and his last three were against Goldsack! Keeffe was pitted against Vickery for probably 80% of the night and almost completely blanketed him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why all the negativity guys?
The questions we should be asking are:
A) Who is going to stop our big men up forward?
B) How are they going to get on top of our midfield?
And
C) Who is going to kick their goals?

A) They do NOT have anybody to stop our key forawrds.
B) We are a better midfield than them,despite being one ruckman down.
C) I have all the faith in the world that our backline can stop theirs.
Keefe,although inexperienced can take their full back.
Reid should take Waite but he can take who ever he wants and will beat them.
Harry to take Betts.
And let Garlett try his best on Toovey.

Very confident on a win.
LET THEM WORRY ABOUT US.

Why all the negativity guys?
I have all the faith in the world that our backline can stop theirs.
Keefe,although inexperienced can take their full back.
Reid should take Waite but he can take who ever he wants and will beat them.
Harry to take Betts.
And let Garlett try his best on Toovey.

Very confident on a win.
LET THEM WORRY ABOUT US.

I am not happy about Harry. He has lacked confidence and has been run
down a few times. Played OK with Richmond, but don't forget that they are
no on a par with Carlton.

Last year we also played Carlton on a Friday night in rd 3. In rd 2 they had played at the Gabba and won by 119 points.

The result? We won by 28 points.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THEIR FORM, THEY HAVE PLAYED NOBODY (as i have said earlier in this thread).

Confident this week.

Carn the Pies:D

I am not happy about Harry. He has lacked confidence and has been run
down a few times. Played OK with Richmond, but don't forget that they are
no on a par with Carlton.

Harry only played the one game coming in to round 1 and that's why he looked off. Thought he looked a lot better against Tigers, his reactions and ball handling looked a lot sharper. I think with 3 games under his belt now he's ready to start the season. He really does own Betts though, Betts and Milne are his master bitches

So much background noise from the media. Happens every year - Bulldogs for premiers was the mantra at the start of 2010 I believe.

The same before round 1 this year re Buddy wankfest.

Things are never as good or as bad as we imagine in this life.

So much background noise from the media. Happens every year - Bulldogs for premiers was the mantra at the start of 2010 I believe.

The same before round 1 this year re Buddy wankfest.

Things are never as good or as bad as we imagine in this life.

NO,its now the Buckley cant coach/ Blouse are the team to beat.
I can't see any resemblance at all.:thumbsu:

Last year we also played Carlton on a Friday night in rd 3. In rd 2 they had played at the Gabba and won by 119 points.

The result? We won by 28 points.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THEIR FORM, THEY HAVE PLAYED NOBODY (as i have said earlier in this thread).

Confident this week.

Carn the Pies:D

Yes, but we had just won the NAB Cup, and had annihilated the Roos and Power. In other words, we had form too. Not so much this year, they have looked far better than us.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we won, but I'll be tipping the Blues.

Once again, this game will probably be irrelevant later in the season. All these big games early in the season getting hyped up, remember we lost to St. Kilda and Geelong early in 2010 and look what happened. While I enjoy beating Carlton at any time of the year, this one is mainly for bragging rights and I expect both sides to be quite different come September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back