Banter AFL Rd 8 - “We’ve won a flag this century” Dogs vs “We salary cap cheated our last flag” Carltankers: battle of the Tin rattlers vs. brown paper bags

How much do Carlton Rule?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If there is one game we should absolutely be up for in the fixture, it’s this one. Carlton is a bog ordinary team with a habit of owning us recently. I’d be disappointed if every one of our players didn’t charge onto the field on Sunday with the manic intent of tearing that stinky team a new one. Hell, several new ones.

Correct. Has Petrevski-Seton even come close to replicating his 35-odd possession game a couple of years ago? McKay is prime Carey against us usually, now he’s actually in form so we’ll do well to keep him under 17 goals.

It’s Carltank’s game to lose, but they should be concerned if they act like their fans who get all dizzy at the view from their high horses down Lygon Street.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Stocker will have a career-best Majak Daw-like game next weekend.

Then get delisted within 18 months having eked out a further 5-10 average games yo-yoing in and out of their side.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The best way to measure a teams premiership chances is if they win or lose to Carlton.

If you lose to Carlton, you aren’t gonna win the flag, no matter how far you make it in finals.

Has been the case for 10 years now. Maybe longer.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As an aside, I’ve always thought it was weird seeing tin rattler used as an insult. Like ‘hey, you galvanised together and raised millions to fight off the corporate power thereby saving yourself from extinction...sucks to be you’

Lol wat?

As an aside, I’ve always thought it was weird seeing tin rattler used as an insult. Like ‘hey, you galvanised together and raised millions to fight off the corporate power thereby saving yourself from extinction...sucks to be you’

Lol wat?
Silvertails.

Lol wat?

Yeah, I have always wondered the same thing, I don’t remember Carlton fans digging deep to help out Carlton, had to rely on a rich millionaire in the end. Strange.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If only we'd recruited Liam 'second best mid in the 2018 superdraft' Stocker like Carlton did instead of that mug Bailey Smith, this thread wouldn't even exist as the game would be done and dusted before the first bounce.

Name a better first 7 games than what Stocker has produced. Not many kids out there can average 12 touches by the age of 21, he just finds it. Not to mention he's a scoreboard threat:

I don’t, but I just don’t remember any fight back style campaigns or fundraising events, if there were some they were low key.
Fans were already doing their bit so we didn't need to make a song and dance out of it ;)

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fans were already doing their bit so we didn't need to make a song and dance out of it ;)

Lol the Bulldogs survived due to a grass roots effort, clawing their way to survival coin by coin donated by genuine supporters. Carlton collects coins from Martha the pensioner as she bleeds her weekly allowance dry in one of their dirty pokie dens.

Rotten organisation run by dirty money.

Lol the Bulldogs survived due to a grass roots effort, clawing their way to survival coin by coin donated by genuine supporters. Carlton collects coins from Martha the pensioner as she bleeds her weekly allowance dry in one of their dirty pokie dens.

Rotten organisation run by dirty money.
It's basically Hillsong!

Back