Banter AFL Rd 8 - “We’ve won a flag this century” Dogs vs “We salary cap cheated our last flag” Carltankers: battle of the Tin rattlers vs. brown paper bags

How much do Carlton Rule?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If there is one game we should absolutely be up for in the fixture, it’s this one. Carlton is a bog ordinary team with a habit of owning us recently. I’d be disappointed if every one of our players didn’t charge onto the field on Sunday with the manic intent of tearing that stinky team a new one. Hell, several new ones.

Correct. Has Petrevski-Seton even come close to replicating his 35-odd possession game a couple of years ago? McKay is prime Carey against us usually, now he’s actually in form so we’ll do well to keep him under 17 goals.

It’s Carltank’s game to lose, but they should be concerned if they act like their fans who get all dizzy at the view from their high horses down Lygon Street.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Cultural appropriation on a number of levels.

I will sleep well tonight knowing I conned you into quoting one of my posts! 😀
I am slightly concerned by your omnipresence and swiftness of reply though, especially as I didn't tag you.
(BTW I have no idea why the word "kestrel" appeared in my post - autocorrect conspiracy perhaps?)

gimp!

Standus Operatus
Feb 20, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't wait for when the Guatemalan servers this s**t site uses start frying when Carlton are 80 points down in the third.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If there is one game we should absolutely be up for in the fixture, it’s this one. Carlton is a bog ordinary team with a habit of owning us recently. I’d be disappointed if every one of our players didn’t charge onto the field on Sunday with the manic intent of tearing that stinky team a new one. Hell, several new ones.

Can't wait for when the Guatemalan servers this sh*t site uses start frying when Carlton are 80 points down in the third.
I can easily make sure you don’t have to endure this “s**t site” any longer. Just ask.

I am slightly concerned by your omnipresence and swiftness of reply though, especially as I didn't tag you.
You’re aware of this feature?

3C80E3F3-EAC7-4468-BA35-367172A531CE.jpeg

Shut up everyone :cool:
Thanks for the edit Chief, the most stable genius,a.

Not surprised to see a Carlton person going outside the rules.

Thanks for the edit Chief, the most stable genius,a.

Not surprised to see a Carlton person going outside the rules.
Oh wow. Blame me for your rudeness. I’m not angry at you, man. Just disappointed.

Oh wow. Blame me for your rudeness. I’m not angry at you, man. Just disappointed.
As a Carlton fan I defer to your vast experience of disappointment

Changes thread is here:

I can easily make sure you don’t have to endure this “sh*t site” any longer. Just ask.
Chief, why are you here with the help?

IMG_1919.JPG

....and you're due to come around and 'clean the pool'.

Don't be late. J ❤️

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lot of chat in the media about how great Sam Walsh has been and how he’s now gone past Cripps as the best/most important player Carlton have.

If those same articles were being written about Bailey Smith and Bont I’d be pretty depressed at how our generational midfielder and leader in his footy prime has fallen.

Plus, you know, Carlton suck and I hope we do a north Melbourne on them.

(Shuts eyes and tries to get the thought of McKay kicking 8 on Cordy out of his mind)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lot of chat in the media about how great Sam Walsh has been and how he’s now gone past Cripps as the best/most important player Carlton have.

If those same articles were being written about Bailey Smith and Bont I’d be pretty depressed at how our generational midfielder and leader in his footy prime has fallen.

Plus, you know, Carlton suck and I hope we do a north Melbourne on them.

(Shuts eyes and tries to get the thought of McKay kicking 8 on Cordy out of his mind)
To be fair, Walsh has taken a huge step up this year. He'd be in AA contention so far.

At the same time, you're absolutely right about Cripps. Has gone an absolute mile backwards since the heights of 2019. I'd imagine a fully firing Cripps would almost be enough for Carlton to be in finals contention right now. One more win, and they've be about even with the Eagles.

Instead, concerningly for Carlton, they've had no notable wins yet.
Lost to Tigers, Collingwood, Port and Lions. So basically 3 competitive teams, and a bottom dwellar.
Their wins came against Fremantle (without Fyfe), Gold Coast and Essendon.

To be fair, Walsh has taken a huge step up this year. He'd be in AA contention so far.

At the same time, you're absolutely right about Cripps. Has gone an absolute mile backwards since the heights of 2019. I'd imagine a fully firing Cripps would almost be enough for Carlton to be in finals contention right now. One more win, and they've be about even with the Eagles.

Instead, concerningly for Carlton, they've had no notable wins yet.
Lost to Tigers, Collingwood, Port and Lions. So basically 3 competitive teams, and a bottom dwellar.
Their wins came against Fremantle (without Fyfe), Gold Coast and Essendon.
So you're saying they are due for one of their occasional upset wins?

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So you're saying they are due for one of their occasional upset wins?

Not sure you can call it occasional against the dogs. Fairly frequent more like.

I don’t want to encourage gambling or anything, but if Carlton are over $3 (edit: about $3.40 right now) then putting 10 or 20 bucks on them means you can buy something nice to drown your sorrows if it does happen.

Back