Preview AFL Reboot 2020 - football to resume June 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we're a monty to get the Dees or Dogs first up.

Will be a Victorian club for sure.

AFL gunna try and manufacture as many Big Games as possible.

Dees 4.40PM on the Sunday at Docklands.

Works perfectly for me.

Works perfectly for me.

l'm tipping we will play the Dogs. The Afl will try and stop us winning 2 in a row and Dogs play against us better than the Dees. BTW wouldn't mind Carlton next...

l'm tipping we will play the Dogs. The Afl will try and stop us winning 2 in a row and Dogs play against us better than the Dees. BTW wouldn't mind Carlton next...

Would be happy with Carlton.

They’ll need to give us a better opponent than Footscray if they want to stop us going 2-0.

Works perfectly for me.
If we play Melbourne, I expect it would be their home game at the MCG, given they played away in round 1 and we played at home.

Pies v Tigers
Cats v Hawks
* v Blues
Dog/Dees v Saints

Would be my guess, if the AFL wants to start with the biggest match ups.

If we play Melbourne, I expect it would be their home game at the MCG, given they played away in round 1 and we played at home.

Pies v Tigers
Cats v Hawks
* v Blues
Dog/Dees v Saints

Would be my guess, if the AFL wants to start with the biggest match ups.

Yeah, but do they want to shoot all their big Vic match ups in one round? Given there's no double ups?

Can see us getting sent down to Methamphetaminefuelledsexwithyourcousininacaravaninthefrontyard Stadium to play the Catsies.

Yeah, but do they want to shoot all their big Vic match ups in one round? Given there's no double ups?

Can see us getting sent down to Methamphetaminefuelledsexwithyourcousininacaravaninthefrontyard Stadium to play the Catsies.
Who knows. They might care less about blockbuster fatigue in round 2 with so many big matches, and care more about ratings / eyeballs given the long layoff.

If they don't want to so many big games in round 2, then it means we could play any of Cats, Dogs, Hawks, Dees, Blues, *.

Who knows. They might care less about blockbuster fatigue in round 2 with so many big matches, and care more about ratings / eyeballs given the long layoff.

If they don't want to so many big games in round 2, then it means we could play any of Cats, Dogs, Hawks, Dees, Blues, *.

Yep, agreed.

Are they actually playing games at GMHBA do we know? The travel down my be a on-no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Works perfectly for me.
Hasn't Eddie offered for Collingwood vs Melbourne to start the year - the Neale Daniher game? Purely magnanimous gesture, of course.

Taken from Chief's post on the main board:

• Training return, Monday 18th.
  • Full contact training on Monday May 25th.
  • Games resumes Thurs June 11th.
  • Clubs to undergo education sessions, plus screening and regular testing.
  • Umpires and key matchday staff also screened and tested.
  • Flexibility to adapt where necessary is important.
  • Not placing burden on public health system is paramount.
  • Government Ministers thanked etc.
  • Decisions in line with advice from government and medical authorities.
  • AFL has been given an opportunity, and understand accept responsibility to football industry and wider community.
  • Fixture to be released over time, in 4-6 week blocks.
  • First block released over next 10 days.
  • Games only in states which have approved full contact training and matches.
  • WA and SA to train at home, move to Gold Coast
  • SA clubs to move to Gold Coast before May 25 for full contact training.
  • Gold Coast base in place for at least 4 weeks, with an eye on changes in state regs going forward.
  • Family visits to be allowed and paid for by the AFL.
  • Flexibility to be maintained with changing restrictions.

Yep, agreed.

Are they actually playing games at GMHBA do we know? The travel down my be a on-no.
Dunno. But I'd think there probably isn't much difference (from a virus perspective) with Geelong players traveling up to Melbourne, or Melbourne based players traveling down to Geelong. So on that basis, I reckon they'd probably get their home games down there.

They’ll need to give us a better opponent than Footscray if they want to stop us going 2-0.

As much as I'd like to agree with this, I don't think ANYONE has any idea what type of form clubs, let alone specific players, will return in.

This is legitimately going to be the most bewildering round two ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back