Preview AFL Reboot 2020 - football to resume June 11

Dogs seem like the realistic matchup for us for round 2. Were going to be the next vic team we were playing anyway and they don’t have a blockbuster rival/ match with another vic team

Could see us get dees also in the first 4 weeks back, get that deathride going early

And maybe 2 bigger melb clubs to round out the first 4 week block like essenscum
And hawks

l hope we get the Cats at Etihad so l can say that l attended all the vic games in a season. l cant remember the last time it happened . Most likely pre interstate teams joining....

Of course, they do:

West Coast Eagles want to avoid playing in Victoria when AFL season resumes

West Coast Eagles coach Adam Simpson says he does not expect the club will have to travel to Victoria to play matches while the players are based on the Gold Coast when the AFL season recommences next month.

Key points:
  • The Eagles are hopeful they will not have to travel away from the Gold Coast while based in Queensland
  • Eagles coach Adam Simpson said it made sense the Queensland-based teams played each other in the early rounds
  • The AFL wants the interstate teams to be able to play matches in their home towns if coronavirus restrictions are eased
The Eagles and their Western Australian rival Fremantle will move to the Gold Coast after the AFL announced it was planning to restart the season on June 11.

South Australia's two clubs, the Crows and the Power, will also relocate to the Gold Coast, as the AFL attempts to resume the 2020 season that was suspended because of coronavirus restrictions. It is expected the four clubs will be based in Queensland for the opening four weeks of matches, although the AFL is yet to announce its fixture schedule.

Simpson said it would make sense if the Eagles did not have to travel from Queensland to Victoria for matches. He said the club was waiting for the AFL to confirm its plans for the opening weeks of the rebooted season. "I'm assuming they (AFL) are going to read through it the best they can," Simpson told ABC Grandstand. "But until [we get] clarification we will wait and see."

Simpson said the four interstate teams based on the Gold Coast and Queensland's two AFL clubs, Brisbane and the Suns, should play each other. The AFL is also hoping the Eagles and Dockers will get the opportunity to play matches in Perth.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One sad thing about this whole thing is that I was so excited to see Shaw first year with us

But feel like this break has not only wasted some development of our younger players but also add another year on top of our veterans age (Taz, Goldy etc.)

I’m hoping this hasn’t set us back. We finally have the right coaches and staff around us

looking forward to 2021 ;)

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh that 3p
I have dragged out the replays of the North Ballarat 2008-2010 threepeat.

Things are starting to get desperate now.

That 3peat they won and according to there scum supporters without the help of the North Melbourne Football club.
Just glad as a VFL club there are dead hope the same thing happens to Werribee as both clubs used our players to further there own clubs at the expense of North Melbourne.
As with the alignment we saw North players skill level drop to extent they only become middle of the road AFL players but very good VFL players.
Plus with no type of NMFC markings on the jumpers and players of our club reduced to be playing VFL state development league was nothing short of a disgrace.
Just glad now we have our own 2nds and only hope we hold our own in the new look Eastern Australian Football League in 2021.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder if the league will consider mid week games as well as the standard weekend fixtures? Given there will be no crowds allowed you would have thought that after work week games would rate quite highly from a tv broadcasting perspective

It’s incredible that key media people (Whateley, McAvaney, Cometti off the top of my head) seem to be almost disappointed in the prospect of footy being back.

Listening to SEN for five minutes this morning and you’d think they were sad at the project of having to call games.

Add Cometti who comes out and says that there shouldn’t be a 2020 premiership, just a bunch of exhibition games because Covid-19.

I dunno.

Obviously everyone would prefer the crowds to be there. But farking hell. It’s footy. Get around it you sad campaigners.

Kennett: in 3 years any team who hasn’t at least ‘improved’ their financial situation should be seriously looked at.

Geez he almost sounds like a former Liberal state premier.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kennett: in 3 years any team who hasn’t at least ‘improved’ their financial situation should be seriously looked at.

Geez he almost sounds like a former Liberal state premier.

images.jpeg-9.jpg

Nate1993

Senior List
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Shameless plug, I know, but a mate and I have started a sports podcast. Brand new with limited following, but worth a look especially if you have been missing the proverbial s**t talk about sports.
If you like what you hear, then like us on Twitter and Facebook, always love feedback especially from fellow kanga supporters. If not, then that's okay too.

Cheers guys

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Just saw that they’re going to have to practice social distancing when on the bench. That’s ridiculous

Makes perfect sense.

Especially as Aussie Rules is a non contact spo....

Nevermind.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why do l get the feeling that we will bent over with interstate trips with eased restrictions ( hopefully ) in the 2nd half of a modified season ?
I'm not so sure SA and WA are going to change their tune on this so soon. Those states have basically no cases and I can't see why they would be interested in easing border restrictions when there are still clusters springing up in NSW and Victoria. WA in particular have extremely strict measures and they are very popular amongst an electorate with a pre-existing secessionist mentality. There's a big chance of us not visiting those 2 states, which is a great thing given our respective records in them.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not so sure SA and WA are going to change their tune on this so soon. Those states have basically no cases and I can't see why they would be interested in easing border restrictions when there are still clusters springing up in NSW and Victoria. WA in particular have extremely strict measures and they are very popular amongst an electorate with a pre-existing secessionist mentality. There's a big chance of us not visiting those 2 states, which is a great thing given our respective records in them.

Just get the feeling that at some stage they will allow some fly in-fly out games >>>>>>>
see Nth. Melb. Fingers crossed 🤞

Just saw that they’re going to have to practice social distancing when on the bench. That’s ridiculous

It's not actually. It's very sensible.

The bench is somewhere the virus is more likely to be spread than onfield. To a point obviously. I don't think anyone knows for sure but there is lots of evidence mounting that prolonged close contact with heavy breathing, like on the bench is more likely to spread the virus than onfield contact.

It's probable that the greatest risk from training together is handling the same footy.

Maybe the same during a game. Although packs will be sketchy spots onfield.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not actually. It's very sensible.

The bench is somewhere the virus is more likely to be spread than onfield. To a point obviously. I don't think anyone knows for sure but there is lots of evidence mounting that prolonged close contact with heavy breathing, like on the bench is more likely to spread the virus than onfield contact.

It's probable that the greatest risk from training together is handling the same footy.

Maybe the same during a game. Although packs will be sketchy spots onfield.

Turn it up Ferbs. They’ll be all over each other on the ground

Back