Preview AFL Reboot 2020 - football to resume June 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked there’s only half as many Scotts polluting the game with their bullshit.

Every time he, and his club, comes out with this crap he's telling the world, including his players, "We can't consistently win against anyone decent unless we play at our poxy ground."

There is zero chance teams will be playing home games against Geelong at Geelong.

I‘d forgotten all about that. Just got charged today. Guess I have another month of Kayo coming up.

God knows what else I’ve signed up for over the passed couple of months that I’m about to get charged for.

Yeah I'm still trying to explain the $79 debit on my credit card from Costa Rica to the missus :drunk:

They will genuinely be in physical contact with both teammates and opponents in the field, yet will have to sit 1.5m apart off the field.

It’s nonsensical.

No it isn't. Read the link near the top of the page you typed that comment on.

In fact do that anyway, whatever you think of the bench measures. If this spikes again here you're better off with an understanding of how people spread the virus than not.

No it isn't. Read the link near the top of the page you typed that comment on.

In fact do that anyway, whatever you think of the bench measures. If this spikes again here you're better off with an understanding of how people spread the virus than not.
Optics are important sometimes. In the traditional-since-a-few-years-ago season opener between Richmond and Carlton the players were high fiving and it just looked a bit wrong in the context. By the second game of the round it was out.

In the traditional-since-a-few-years-ago season opener between Richmond and Carlton

That took me by surprise. Went back and checked and when it 'started'. 2008 onwards but then it stopped in 2012 and made way for GWS and Sydney. After a few years 'tradition' returned to the rightful owners of the tigs and blues in 2015. The tigers also opened the season in 2000, 2002-2004 but not with Carlton. The greatest club in the world opened the 2001 season against *.

It looked as if the saints got a good go for a while in the 2000's. Good thing the AFL could administer oppression swiftly before a less-profitable tradition was in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Niall.

St Kilda will meet the Western Bulldogs, West Coast will play the Gold Coast and Fremantle will take on the Brisbane Lions when the AFL resumes for its much-awaited Round 2.

Geelong and Hawthorn, two of football's fiercest rivals, will meet on Friday night, June 12, the night after Collingwood and Richmond play the first game since the competition was shut down due the coronavirus.

Well-placed sources expect Carlton to meet Melbourne, probably at Marvel Stadium, and Sydney to host Essendon at the SCG to complete Round 2.

Likely round 2 fixture
Richmond v Collingwood, Thursday night, MCG
Geelong v Hawthorn, Friday night (venue TBC)
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium (day TBC)
Carlton v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (day TBC)
Adelaide v Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval (day TBC)
Sydney v Essendon, SCG (day TBC)
Brisbane v Fremantle, Gabba (day TBC)
Gold Coast v West Coast, Metricon Stadium (day TBC)
GWS v North Melbourne, Sunday, Giants Stadium
The Saints and Dogs will play at Marvel Stadium, as usual, while Gold Coast will host the Eagles - who will be staying only a kilometre or so away in a hub - at Metricon Stadium.

Jake Niall.

St Kilda will meet the Western Bulldogs, West Coast will play the Gold Coast and Fremantle will take on the Brisbane Lions when the AFL resumes for its much-awaited Round 2.

Geelong and Hawthorn, two of football's fiercest rivals, will meet on Friday night, June 12, the night after Collingwood and Richmond play the first game since the competition was shut down due the coronavirus.

Well-placed sources expect Carlton to meet Melbourne, probably at Marvel Stadium, and Sydney to host Essendon at the SCG to complete Round 2.

Likely round 2 fixture
Richmond v Collingwood, Thursday night, MCG
Geelong v Hawthorn, Friday night (venue TBC)
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium (day TBC)
Carlton v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (day TBC)
Adelaide v Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval (day TBC)
Sydney v Essendon, SCG (day TBC)
Brisbane v Fremantle, Gabba (day TBC)
Gold Coast v West Coast, Metricon Stadium (day TBC)
GWS v North Melbourne, Sunday, Giants Stadium
The Saints and Dogs will play at Marvel Stadium, as usual, while Gold Coast will host the Eagles - who will be staying only a kilometre or so away in a hub - at Metricon Stadium.

GWS away hurts. Still - the players will be so keen. Doesn't matter where they play.

I'll be contacting the club tomorrow about how to best organise a ticket to our round 2 game, as I heard the AFL is allowing each team to have 50 supporters attend the game. I assume it will be some form of auction to buy the tickets which suits me fine as I'm pretty cashed up after getting my $19 refund on my ticket to Tazzie on the Ruby Princess' sister ship, The Emerald Princess. I had to jump through a fair bit of red tape but it was worth it. Ca Ching.
But to cop GWS in round 2, that's a better pill to swallow. I actually rate the Giants as a better team on paper than NM, but then who would've thought that Jessica Watson at the right old age of 16, was able to circumcise the Earth on her own?

Anyone else heading over to Sydney for the game? Would be good to catch up and head across in a convoy of blue & white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back