Preview AFL Reboot 2020 - football to resume June 11

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
20 spots (10 games) for Thur/Frid games. Divided up between 9 teams, Pies and Tigs with 3 games each! The broadcasters determine the fixtures, its bullshit.
Just wait till the season and contenders start to take shape......the season will be "cooked" like never before.

Just wait till the season and contenders start to take shape......the season will be "cooked" like never before.
its hard cause the AFL needs to hang on to as much cash as possible from the broadcasters. The AFL has to give something and unfortunately its our cost.

May I see it, Neutral people watch Thurs/Friday games because they are stand alone and the start of the round so everyones keen to watch. Come Sunday most people have watched a couple of games, along with having played or watched kids play. So alot of people have had enough footy by Sunday. If we played Friday people would watch and then if Big clubs play Sunday they will still get good viewership because of their support. AFL could look at this as a way to get smaller clubs more exposure but broadcasters are to narrow minded.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unless we prove ourselves and turn into a contender then we may see some come our way

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hmmmmm. Yeah that's kinda my point.....I'm totally suss on the AFL and their manipulation of any situation. If we are travelling well in the season, I'd expect to see us hit the road for a month....perth, brisbane, adelaide, perth and gold coast for example.
They will want Tigers, Pies, Hawks, cats, west coast, Essendon, Sydney and GWS as their top 8.
Let's see what unfolds.

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm so shocked, you could knock me over with a feather. I can't believe Geelong have been given such a difficult 4 week period. Whoever said Steve Hocking had any influence, shame on you.

Regarding our draw, if we can get a win up there against GWS, it could set us up beautifully for the season, as our next three games I have us as favourites for them.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
This is a brilliant fixture. GWS stinks, but that could be the hardest game of the year, which get out of the way early. We are an excellent chance in the next few.

4 & 1 from the first 5. I'll have that.

its hard cause the AFL needs to hang on to as much cash as possible from the broadcasters. The AFL has to give something and unfortunately its our cost.

May I see it, Neutral people watch Thurs/Friday games because they are stand alone and the start of the round so everyones keen to watch. Come Sunday most people have watched a couple of games, along with having played or watched kids play. So alot of people have had enough footy by Sunday. If we played Friday people would watch and then if Big clubs play Sunday they will still get good viewership because of their support. AFL could look at this as a way to get smaller clubs more exposure but broadcasters are to narrow minded.

I may be different but for myself I rarely watch neutral Thu / Fri games anymore. Just got tired of watching the same handful of teams all the time. FWIW I think the fixturing rig is to the long term detriment of the game and is a big mistake.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Surely with the shorter fixture, we ain't still playing 4 home games in Tassie this year, when we only get 8 in total. I get that it doesn't matter WHERE games are played, but it doesn't mean we should still send them to Tassie 4 times, if they don't need to and they can reduce travel. Although cue the moaning from the WA and SA teams who have to spend at least a month in a QLD hub.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I may be different but for myself I rarely watch neutral Thu / Fri games anymore. Just got tired of watching the same handful of teams all the time. FWIW I think the fixturing rig is to the long term detriment of the game and is a big mistake.

It’s beyond me how anyone can watch the Thurs/Friday games for any period of time. The commentary is nauseating. After 5 mins I want to stab myself in the eardrums.

Back