Portfolio AFL Retro Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Logo.png

AFL RETRO ROUND

In 2017, following the success of the rehashed First 18 woolen jumpers, Fox Footy's retro round coverage and constant requests from a small sub-forum of guernsey fanatics on an online forum to return Heritage Round, the AFL decided to capitalise on the demand and introduce "Retro Round" - a rebadged Heritage Round.

This would see over the course of four years a round dedicated to a different era of footy, starting with the 70's in 2017 and culminating in Round 2000 in 2020.

This portfolio will showcase the guernseys that will be worn by 16 teams in each of those rounds - with GWS and Gold Coast being exempt due to the obvious lack of history. These rounds will feature absolute classics, as well as the absolute bizarre in some instances, and presented in an eight fixture format with the matchups.

Designer's note: For this project, I'll be using the AFL 99 template in a simplified manner, with no sponsors.

Did you finish the AFL 2020 portfolio yet? I don't know if I can trust you on this one.

2029 one bored me a bit but I'll eventually finish it. I'm already about 25% of the way through this one.

AFL definitely needs a Retro Round or something

When you work a full time job and are doing an extensive portfolio in your limited spare time, let me know how you go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about putting Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney into jumpers that they would have worn if they where clubs then.

Not having Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney means you have to eliminate Fremantle and Adelaide for this year and the next (the 1970's and the 1980's) and West Coast for this year. By looking at what has happened to AFL jumpers over the past few years you could apply what has happened to other jumpers to the Suns and Giants jumpers.

Things such as before now logos are printed on to jumpers, before they where sown on. Today we have many manufacturers but in the past we had one, Sekem.

What about putting Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney into jumpers that they would have worn if they where clubs then.

Yes, as some of the newer Major League Baseball Teams have done. Fake Throwback (fauxback) uniforms to mimic what they may have worn had they existed then.

I would say plenty of people here work full-time jobs and none of us use it as an excuse. I don't think it was meant to be a dig

I don't have to have an excuse anyway, it's my portfolio and I'll do it in my own time... and it was obviously a dig, even if harmless, with the fact I haven't posted anything yet.

As for GWS and Gold Coast, I don't know if it will work with the concept but I'll see how I go.

It was not a dig. I just said it cause the board is infamous for unfinished folios and folios that never happen or progress far. I thought this was gonna be another one of those dead portfolio's.

It's all good dude, I know you weren't trying being a dick or anything Cody. :)

Last edited:
SEVENTIES ROUND - PART ONE

33283029276_58a8242250_o.png

Adelaide will be paying homage to the South Australian State of Origin team, whilst Brisbane wear the classic 'Roys guernsey.

33195901011_0cf146821c_o.png

Carlton in the traditional guernsey, and Sydney wearing a South Melbourne guernsey.

33323558455_9ac641895e_o.png

Not a lot to say here...

33283028716_43cba42047_o.png

West Coast wear the 70's Western Australia state guernsey, and Port Adelaide wear the Magpies prison bars design.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back