Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First team to fly interstate on the morning of a game. Thanks Gil.
The AFL are a bunch of *silly people.

With the new fly in fly out on the same day rules, why schedule the travelling team in for an early game?

This should have been a late afternoon game to allow us to prepare adequately for the game. They will leave to leave a the crack of dawn to fly up, transfer from the airport to the venue in plenty of time to prepare.

The AFL are a bunch of fu**silly people.

With the new fly in fly out on the same day rules, why schedule the travelling team in for an early game?

This should have been a late afternoon game to allow us to prepare adequately for the game. They will leave to leave a the crack of dawn to fly up, transfer from the airport to the venue in plenty of time to prepare.

I'm surprised that we don't have to go into quarantine when we get to Sydney. That way they can just hand the points to the GWS.

The Dees get:

Carlton (Marvel)
* (MCG)
Geelong (MCG)
Sydney (SCG)

Would of liked them to get Geelong at the spud farm, either way, we will know alot about them and the likelihood of our future pick after this period as well.

The Dees get:

Carlton (Marvel)
* (MCG)
Geelong (MCG)
Sydney (SCG)

Would of liked them to get Geelong at the spud farm, either way, we will know alot about them and the likelihood of our future pick after this period as well.

We’ll be up and about if Carlton get over them.

Greene will pants him.

Marley would have been handy.

No way Marley would pick up Greene, too good in the air. Would take him to the square and expose him. I would give the job to Pittard first.

Calling it now. We'll end up spending a fortnight outta state once, if not twice.

If Adelaide and Perth are still in the same situation in six weeks , I am with with Hojuman, we will be certainties to go to the interstate hubs.
Guarantee Collingwood, * , Geelong stay put

Well he’s got 2 and a half weeks to study Toby greene tape to ensure this is mitigated as best as possible

From the outside in Atley doesn't strike me as the type of guy that gets a lot out of watching the review tapes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be starting LMac on Greene before Ats.
LMac JMac or SAtly-(Atley)Will be playing for there footballing life’s for the next 4 weeks personally would have got rid of McDonald 2 years back Atley last year via Trade then delisted McMuillian can’t keep on carrying dead wood

Toby is a wank. But a bloody smart footballer. He’s second movement is class, the way he spins off and attacks dangerous space rather than simply following the ball.

For me it has to be Pittard that goes to him. Pittard reads the game so well and is proactive. It’s what allows him to play tall when required. On this occasion, it also allows him to play on Greene.

Keen to see how Curtis goes, he was on an absolute hot streak in the pre-season, if he comes out firing we can put it down to genuine improvement.

I hope everyone has Foxtel.

1 game on free to air in the next 4 rounds. Somehow ******* * get 4.

I called them the other day and said I wanted to cancel and they gave me the next 12 months on premium package for $58 down from $104. After 12 months it will go to $73.

Last edited:
Good first up test and we should be taking a 'nothing to lose' mentality into this game.

I'd like to see Shawry mix it up a bit - start Higgo/Polec in the backline to improve our run and ball use.

As soon as DeBoer runs to Cunners Cunners to run straight to inside 50 before the first ball is bounced.

TT, Jed, CZ, Jy, Bonar, Hall all to be given plenty of time in the guts. JZ to have bursts in there only when we have 2 youngsters in there.

Give all players a license to run and carry and hit hard.

Round 2
Sunday, June 14
Greater Western Sydney vs. North Melbourne, Giants Stadium, 1:05pm AEST

Round 3
Saturday, June 20
North Melbourne vs. Sydney, Marvel Stadium, 1:45pm AEST

Round 4
Sunday, June 28
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 6:05pm AEST

Round 5
Saturday, July 4
Western Bulldogs vs. North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 7:40pm AEST

I expect us to be 4-1

Unpopular opinion

But what about Lmac on Greene? Massive ask but he’s had some great shutdown performances in the past

The issue with Greene is that they roll him through the midfield when he's clamped.

I hope everyone has Foxtel.

1 game on free to air in the next 4 rounds. Somehow ******* * get 4.

Just get Kayo and be done with it. I don’t know how any North fan has coped relying on free to air since the 90’s.
Buy one less coffee a week and it’s paid for.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We play 4 of our first 5 games at Marvel, so I am a little bewildered by the whining. I also don’t how people can complain about a fixture when we know less than 1/3 of it.
We travel first up, big deal. I think if there is ever going to be a year where travel between clubs is equal, it will be this year.
Perfect time to have a crack at the giants first up. I’d probably prefer we play them away than wasting a Melbourne home game against them anyway. I think they’re going to be the side to beat this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back