Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn’t even have him in your best 3 NM players... he is listed 9th in your own post match votes...

To be fair, top 3, top 9... is neither here nor there.

The point is that he wasn't bottom 5 and shouldn't be in discussions for a change.

Mods, can we put in place a script that automatically hides any TheZeibull post that contains the word "Macmillan"? It is invariably pointless. There is only so much egg on face a guy can take before it becomes a health hazard.

Hypothetical: Forced changes only - Larkey out, who you got?

Last edited:

If Larkey is out (and its just an 'if' at this stage) then we might need to look at Durd's or even BMac as the extra tall.

Xerri could do it and provides the second ruck option but BMac had been rucking in the pre season and Durds played most of last year so should be naturally the next big man to come in.

If Larkey is out (and its just an 'if' at this stage) then we might need to look at Durd's or even BMac as the extra tall.

Xerri could do it and provides the second ruck option but BMac had been rucking in the pre season and Durds played most of last year so should be naturally the next big man to come in.
Wood for me as the extra tall forward

Daw would come in for Murphy as it was in our original round 1 team pre late out and he would play on finlayson plus stints as back up ruck

The point is that he wasn't bottom 5 and shouldn't be in discussions for a change.

Mods, can we put in place a script that automatically hides any TheZeibull post that contains the word "Macmillan"? It is invariably pointless. There is only so much egg on face a guy can take before it becomes a health hazard.
B: McDonald Tarrant Daw
HB: Pittard Walker Atley
Marley will be 7th defender when he gets back round 3

Warming marleys seat for round 2 will be between Macmillan and Ahern

Wouldn’t we be more looking for either wood or Hosie.... but yes they have at least 3 that are 195 or more back there

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Xerri is the natural like for like replacement for Larkey.

Xerri

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a better pre-season than probably half the 22 named in round one too.

Yep, he can clunk them and kick straight and chop out in the ruck. Lot to like.

Sounds like Mase is dead to everyone..

If Larkey is out, Ill back my boi in.

I was watching training on Monday. The one thing that stood out to me was the amount of vocal encouragement that Jade Rawlings was giving Mason. He kept singling him out with positive feedback. The general impression I got was that Mason is doing it fairly tough at the moment. He seems to be busting his gut but down on energy and confidence. Take that for what it’s worth. It could be complete balderdash, as I’m just a “Regular Joe” with absolutely no inside info.

I was watching training on Monday. The one thing that stood out to me was the amount of vocal encouragement that Jade Rawlings was giving Mason. He kept singling him out with positive feedback. The general impression I got was that Mason is doing it fairly tough at the moment. He seems to be busting his gut but down on energy and confidence. Take that for what it’s worth. It could be complete balderdash, as I’m just a “Regular Joe” with absolutely no inside info.

Were they still training in small groups on Monday?

Seemed like the messaging yesterday was it was the first time the whole squad trained together which is weird considering they could have done so on the Monday

He strikes me as the type of bloke that needs constant reassurance.

Were they still training in small groups on Monday?

Seemed like the messaging yesterday was it was the first time the whole squad trained together which is weird considering they could have done so on the Monday

On Monday, the drill was two sets of eight separate players on the ground doing skills training. One of the routines was one on one marking contests with the ball being kicked to a given player’s advantage. Mason and Tom Campbell were one on one for about 10 minutes or so.

That would bring some really interesting tactical options in. Imagine protecting a lead and having 8 true defenders on the ground at the same time.

6-6-6 reduces impact though.

I agree. The Ziebell is like a broken record who annoys everyone with his constant drivel about MacMillan.
I’ve always liked Jamie & think he gets unfair criticism on here.
All I was doing was pointing out the fact that Snake was saying JM was top 3, when he didn’t even have him in the top 3, nor did the coaches, media or pretty much anyone here. He had a good game & is not even in the conversation for being dropped in RD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back