Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is egg on face when your weekly ins/outs post states that he will be dropped when he is playing good football. He may be a middling footballer, but what he brings to the team is clearly valued in the eyes of the coaches. At a certain point the constant vitriol from TheZeibull is simply self-flagellation, and that should be kept private.

Be interesting to see if he is valued by Shaw as at this stage not sure if picked through shortage of other options and will always do a job. But now with Murphy putting his hand up, Marley still to come back.... Perez and EVW will be avail in next month or so and then there is talk of WW coming off hb... so be interesting if the coach puts him in front of the chasing pack.... he knows best as sees him daily and a good place to be

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m just spitballing. I see Boner as more of a project type but Tyson is ready made, as in we know what we’re going to get. Obviously I have NFI how anyone’s going on the track.

s**t I wouldn’t be surprised if we were unchanged.

Agree won’t play three talls all year but against gws prob need in as the are tall fwd with Cameron and finlayson around 196 then Haynes and himmel a couple less... agree with ziebell he should be out of the mid mist now with our depth and then be interesting if he keeps his spot forward as a lot of competition up there too

Sure, but we were much better when he went off.

Pretty much every player lifted. Not necessarily a correlation between Jack going off and the whole team lifting.

Swings happen in games. For all we know, we could have kicked a few more and won easily had he been on. All speculation.

Same could be said of Ahern.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Be interesting to see if he is valued by Shaw as at this stage not sure if picked through shortage of other options and will always do a job. But now with Murphy putting his hand up, Marley still to come back.... Perez and EVW will be avail in next month or so and then there is talk of WW coming off hb... so be interesting if the coach puts him in front of the chasing pack.... he knows best as sees him daily and a good place to be

I don’t mind the idea, but where is the talk of Walker at hb coming from?

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)

I would be very surprised if Perez gets senior games this year, unless injury really hits.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Play this game at the MCG or the SCG, or anywhere other than Docklands.

Havnt beaten Sydney since 2007 at home.
Our record against them is terrible.
It's a few weeks away, but as it looks now I'd be confident of us rolling them at Marvel this time. And we'll need to, as I think it's highly unlikely we'll beat GWS up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a few weeks away, but as it looks now I'd be confident of us rolling them at Marvel this time. And we'll need to, as I think it's highly unlikely we'll beat GWS up there.

Umpires North v Sydney at Marvel on Sunday;
. Gladys Berejiklian
. Alan Jones
. Peter Vlandys

I think that the vast majority of supporters do not completely disagree with the notion that JMac may not be part of our best 22. What most do disagree with is the notion that JMac is some form of imposter who has no right to be playing AFL at the top level.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watching the replay of the game V saints, couple of thoughts regarding possible ins/outs.

Not sure Walker gets rushed back. He didn’t do anything wrong, obviously put his body on the line. We looked much quicker smaller. Definitely don’t think we should play Walker and Daw.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hall was left out. When we’re on top of teams he’s fantastic, but he’s the absolute cherry on top type player.

Agree on Walker, but Hall is exactly the type of player we need. A front runner who can can put teams to the sword in a little burst of dominance.

We have enough cake, we need icing and cherry.

I think that the vast majority of supporters do not completely disagree with the notion that JMac may not be part of our best 22. What most do disagree with is the notion that JMac is some form of imposter who has no right to be playing AFL at the top level.

Come on man, Tom Murphy is the second coming. Elite HBF distributor. He got 14 disposals in a game once!.

Nothing against Tom and he may well turn out a decent player but at this point he's yet to prove he's anything but a (very) poor man's Bread McKenzie. He was rookie drafted as an overager so he's already 22.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Pittard Taz Jmac
Atley Walker Lmac
Dumont Higgins Polec
Taylor Larkey Zurhar
Thomas brown simpkin
Goldie Cunners Jed
Jz, Hall, Wood, Bonar

pretty strong 22 and at least another 4-5 who I would have no issue putting in over the following weeks to rotate. Win 3 out of the next 4 and I reckon we finish pretty high up.

Just watching the replay of the game V saints, couple of thoughts regarding possible ins/outs.

Not sure Walker gets rushed back. He didn’t do anything wrong, obviously put his body on the line. We looked much quicker smaller. Definitely don’t think we should play Walker and Daw.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hall was left out. When we’re on top of teams he’s fantastic, but he’s the absolute cherry on top type player.

Disagree, reckon Hall one of the first picked on his attributes.

Got us going in the second half.

I reckon if you're going to beat GWS you have to take them on and give them some threats to worry about and keep them at least a bit honest. Always a spot for someone with Hall's attributes IMO.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pittard Taz Jmac
Atley Walker Lmac
Dumont Higgins Polec
Taylor Larkey Zurhar
Thomas brown simpkin
Goldie Cunners Jed
Jz, Hall, Wood, Bonar

pretty strong 22 and at least another 4-5 who I would have no issue putting in over the following weeks to rotate. Win 3 out of the next 4 and I reckon we finish pretty high up.
Wood for Daw and I think you’re about there.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pittard Taz Jmac
Atley Walker Lmac
Dumont Higgins Polec
Taylor Larkey Zurhar
Thomas brown simpkin
Goldie Cunners Jed
Jz, Hall, Wood, Bonar

No rotation for the defenders though and be in trouble if one goes down early... we lost two against saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back