Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have thought he’d be pushing for a spot, but he didn’t get a run at all in the practice matches (maybe in the first against the dogs?). If he did, he didn’t stake a claim. Seemed a bit off the pace for some reason?
Seemed to go off the boil a bit towards the end of the pre-season after being very good in the intra-club matches. Still a young fella finding his footing.

How does Goldy usually go against Sauce Jacobs? I keep forgetting he’s at GWS now. Will obviously go a long way to winning the midfield battles if we get first crack out of the middle.

How does Goldy usually go against Sauce Jacobs? I keep forgetting he’s at GWS now. Will obviously go a long way to winning the midfield battles if we get first crack out of the middle.

Don't reckon Jacobs played when we played the crows last ssn..... so be a while since they have been matched up but could be wrong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't reckon Jacobs played when we played the crows last ssn..... so be a while since they have been matched up but could be wrong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last year, they played Reilly O'Brien and he did OK but Goldie took the points - it was our first win of the season.

I can't ever recall Jacobs having an influential game against us, but he does have a better midfield at his feet this year.

Jacobs has gone pretty well against Goldy at times, but been a while. I reckon Jacobs is just about cooked now though, so hopefully Goldy can give us a real advantage there.

Nek minute, Jacobs wins the Kerridge.

If my math is correct, I think this is the first time Shaw has coached against a side for a second time after losing the first encounter (2-0 against St Kilda).

Given both sides' game plans appeared relatively similar to last year in Round 1 it should provide a decent insight into what changes are made, or if they look back on last year's loss to GWS as something to discard completely.

Jacobs has gone pretty well against Goldy at times, but been a while. I reckon Jacobs is just about cooked now though, so hopefully Goldy can give us a real advantage there.

Nek minute, Jacobs wins the Kerridge.
If Jacobs eligible for the Kerridge? Maybe he has to be for GWS as it's not like they have that many spuds to choose from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hosie any chance of a gig if Larkey not 100% next week ?

Different positions mate. I'd say a tall would come in and Xerri had a very good preseason and if his form on the track has continued then he'd be my bet

Off topic - Crocker has put on some decent size. Looks ready to roll.

He's grown some balls too:
1591189024898.png

Ok, I'll head off to the 'Dad Jokes' thread now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back