Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Changes from the Round 1 Side:

Out: Ahern, Murphy
In: Scott, Bonar

I think we’ll be desperate for pressure and line breaking against GWS. An extra outside mid rotation in Scott, combined with the extra grunt and pressure from Bonar would suit us well.

Could also see Murphy retain his place, or get shifted for Durdin so we have a another option for backup ruck.

B: Mcdonald, Tarrant, Pittard
HB: Atley, Walker, Mcmillan
C: Polec, Cunnington, Dumont
HF: Hall, Larkey, Thomas
F: Taylor, Brown, Zurhaar
Foll: Goldy, Higgins, Simpkin
Int: Ziebell, Anderson, Bonar, Scott.

Just reading the afl site how tigers contemplating a pinch hitting midfielder type as the relief ruckman again.
I wouldnt be against keeping larky and brown perm forward and using zurhaar in that role as pinch hit ruck for periods. Would be good to have him at ground level.

Although we have Daw whos the perfect 2nd ruck. Not many in the league who are ruck/backmen.
Yep Daw was perfect for this role
Durdin can now have a chance to step up also though which I’m keen to see.
The third tall/relief ruck role is very important and allows us to still compete when Goldy has a rest

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Changes from the Round 1 Side:

Out: Ahern, Murphy
In: Scott, Bonar

I think we’ll be desperate for pressure and line breaking against GWS. An extra outside mid rotation in Scott, combined with the extra grunt and pressure from Bonar would suit us well.

Could also see Murphy retain his place, or get shifted for Durdin so we have a another option for backup ruck.

B: Mcdonald, Tarrant, Pittard
HB: Atley, Walker, Mcmillan
C: Polec, Cunnington, Dumont
HF: Hall, Larkey, Thomas
F: Taylor, Brown, Zurhaar
Foll: Goldy, Higgins, Simpkin
Int: Ziebell, Anderson, Bonar, Scott.

Do we not reckon with Bonar doing some ruck work this week that this implies he will be an in and also the backup ruck or do we not read too much into that.... I personally think he will retain both ahern and Murphy so then it is unlikely for Bonar to come in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s pretty much 2 positions available and only 4 players in contention.
Ahern, Murphy, Bonar and Scott.
I can honestly see us go in with no change but I personally would like to see Scott come in for Ahern. Williams can come in for Murphy in round 3.
Bonar unlucky but my concern is Ahern and him getting killed by Coniglio, Kelly on the spread.
Defensive job for Bails and Dumont and we can win this.
I think back to last year and we attacked them and got done. Convincingly outclassed. Can’t go down that road again.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can honestly see us go in with no change but I personally would like to see Scott come in for Ahern. Williams can come in for Murphy in round 3.
Bonar unlucky but my concern is Ahern and him getting killed by Coniglio, Kelly on the spread.
I think back to last year and we attacked them and got done. Convincingly outclassed. Can’t go down that road again.
Us blokes here are now backing in Ronnie💪

Ahern didn't play today. Apparently pulled up sore from Tuesday's session. Also Jed just returned from NT so he didn't train/play either. Has to pass second Covid test before joining the team.

Us blokes here are now backing in Ronnie💪
I know there’s no VFL but historically North has never brought a player back in from a LTI unless they are a senior player.
Ahern didn't play today. Apparently pulled up sore from Tuesday's session. Also Jed just returned from NT so he didn't train/play either. Has to pass second Covid test before joining the team.
Has Jed got any running in?
I know Shaw loves Ahern, but with him Ziebell, Cunnington and Higgins in the same team we are asking to be hammered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know there’s no VFL but historically North has never brought a player back in from a LTI unless they are a senior player.

Has Jed got any running in?
I know Shaw loves Ahern, but with him Ziebell, Cunnington and Higgins in the same team we are asking to be hammered

Not sure I'd put Higgins in the same company but def can't have ziebell ahern Cunnington and Anderson all in the same midfield possibly can still be all in the same team. I know cunners and Anderson's job... ziebell will have to play well to keep in the side playing fwd just don't know where ahern fits in just yet hopefully Shaw does but watched the saints game again and it def ain't hb

Not sure I'd put Higgins in the same company but def can't have ziebell ahern Cunnington and Anderson all in the same midfield possibly can still be all in the same team. I know cunners and Anderson's job... ziebell will have to play well to keep in the side playing fwd just don't know where ahern fits in just yet hopefully Shaw does but watched the saints game again and it def ain't hb

Anderson’s applies defensive pressure and get to contests.
Ziebell and Cunners are what they are and Higgins has always been an attacking threat.
The only one id see pushing back hard to help out the defenders is Jed.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nope, Jeds last training session with the group now 3 months ago

could easily see us go Tyson in for him for round 2 at least

Are you going to pump this out another 40 times over the next week, rain man?

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why do you pump up Tyson, Wood and Turner?

I actually don’t think any of these guys will play another senior game for us.

Turner and Tyson definitely shouldn’t, maybe Wood gets another crack.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Coach Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
17219.jpeg

Meows the Following:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Has a man crush on Tyson
Hates Jmac

Thats as far as it goes. Rinse and repeat

.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back