Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you pump up Tyson, Wood and Turner?

I actually don’t think any of these guys will play another senior game for us.

Turner and Tyson definitely shouldn’t, maybe Wood gets another crack.
I’ve already mentioned why
But can explain again for you, Since Jacobs has been injured we never replaced his run with role except for Hayden for 1 game.
Tyson has similar attributes to play this important role for us Hence why I want him in

Wood due to I believe the forward line structure last year of Wood Larkey and Brown was effective and should continue.

turner is a genuine small forward in a spot we lack, he’s obviously injured and won’t play fot awhile

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have a feeling Wood is going to rip some games apart this season. Last year of his contract and playing for his career. I think he is too much of figjam not to turn up this year. He just needs to stay fit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve already mentioned why
But can explain again for you, Since Jacobs has been injured we never replaced his run with role except for Hayden for 1 game.
Tyson has similar attributes to play this important role for us Hence why I want him in

Wood due to I believe the forward line structure last year of Wood Larkey and Brown was effective and should continue.

turner is a genuine small forward in a spot we lack, he’s obviously injured and won’t play fot awhile
Jacobs was an elite tagger because of his mental attributes, not his physical ones. You’re pumping Tyson up as his replacement because he... looks a bit similar? Not to say he couldn’t do it, but we’d play Dumont in that role way before Dom.

Jacobs was an elite tagger because of his mental attributes, not his physical ones. You’re pumping Tyson up as his replacement because he... looks a bit similar? Not to say he couldn’t do it, but we’d play Dumont in that role way before Dom.
Nah Dumont is now settled on the wing you wouldn’t move him

Tyson is a clearance high possession mid, experienced body who can go with the best mids but still link up the other way

Hayden can also play that role but coming back from injury would go Dom first this week on coniglio

Bonar is another option for this but think he would thrive more playing instinctively and more offensively

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
On paper their best team smacks ours on every line. The boys will have to come up with a very special effort to get close.

Yep let’s see if all this talk of us raring to go is correct for once.
Otherwise it could be a good smacking if we play like round one -first half

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep let’s see if all this talk of us raring to go is correct for once.
Otherwise it could be a good smacking if we play like round one -first half
Really just a s**t fixture for us. Honestly makes me look forward to the footy a little bit less because there's such a high chance we'll be denied the ball for a good part of the match.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This team gives us the best chance of kicking a winning score.

B: Pittard - Tarrant - McDonald
HB: Hayden - JWalker - Atley
C: Scott - Higgins - Polec
HF: Zurhaar - Larkey - Thomas
F: Taylor - Brown - Cunnington
R: Goldstein - Hall - Simpkin
I/C:Ziebell Anderson Wood WWalker

Best 22 when fit but unavailable: LDU, Perez, EVW, Jacobs & Daw.

Next Best Kids: Xerri Comben Mahony Ahern Durdin

Depth: Dumont MacMillan Tyson Turner

We are finally looking pretty good.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Really just a s**t fixture for us. Honestly makes me look forward to the footy a little bit less because there's such a high chance we'll be denied the ball for a good part of the match.

We can’t hide behind playing rubbish teams. Let’s take on one of the better teams n the comp and see where we are at.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We can’t hide behind playing rubbish teams. Let’s take on one of the better teams n the comp and see where we are at.
I reckon I have a pretty good idea where we're at already. I'm not asking for a rubbish team just not a premiere contender interstate.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I reckon I have a pretty good idea where we're at already. I'm not asking for a rubbish team just not a premiere contender interstate.

Since we punted Scott, we’ve got the 6th best record in the comp. Beating a good team on their dung hill will be a big boost to get us into the top 4..

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Since we punted Scott, we’ve got the 6th best record in the comp. Beating a good team on their dung hill will be a big boost to get us into the top 4..

Beat GWS and we play finals.

In fact, get inside 20 points and we should play finals.

This is going to be tough to win. They have guns on every line and they have a full list to pick from.

Let's hope they are slightly off

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah Dumont is now settled on the wing you wouldn’t move him

Tyson is a clearance high possession mid, experienced body who can go with the best mids but still link up the other way

Hayden can also play that role but coming back from injury would go Dom first this week on coniglio

Bonar is another option for this but think he would thrive more playing instinctively and more offensively

You don't think Dumont is just keeping it warm until scott is ready and after seeing the clips of fri training maybe be ready for gws.... then Dumont retain his spot as tagger?

You don't think Dumont is just keeping it warm until scott is ready and after seeing the clips of fri training maybe be ready for gws.... then Dumont retain his spot as tagger?

No he doesn't. tz ruled out Bailey Scott as a 16 year old and hasn't admitted he got it wrong (hint - he did).

It's important to keep hammering home this point.

No he doesn't. tz ruled out Bailey Scott as a 16 year old and hasn't admitted he got it wrong (hint - he did).

It's important to keep hammering home this point.

IMG_0240.JPG

No he hasn’t and he won’t
As of 6 weeks ago he was still willing to trade Bailey to GC for a 3rd rounder in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back