Game Day AFL Round 10, Gold Coast vs Geelong @ Metricon Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get amongst it. On paper this should be an easy win, but there are no easy wins in this league. Hope the boys are switched on and take home the chocolates!

I'm far from a Parsons fan, but I do find it amusing that there were loud cries of rewarding VFL form when selecting the team in seasons past. We've now done that with Parsons this week and many are up in arms about him playing instead of Chook.

Peak BigFooty.

Anyway, I'll take a professional performance tonight resulting in a comfortable win and importantly, no injuries.

I'm far from a Parsons fan, but I do find it amusing that there were loud cries of rewarding VFL form when selecting the team in seasons past. We've now done that with Parsons this week and many are up in arms about him playing instead of Chook.

Peak BigFooty.

Anyway, I'll take a professional performance tonight resulting in a comfortable win and importantly, no injuries.

Yeah, that's a very good point. There is no pleasing some people. I guess it means Guthrie gets the week off being the whipping boy which will be nice.

Yeah, that's a very good point. There is no pleasing some people. I guess it means Guthrie gets the week off being the whipping boy which will be nice.
Some of our fans love multiple choice though.

Some of our fans love multiple choice though.

Very true. It's good to see Kolo silence the doubters though. I've always been really confident he'd be a good player and I've certainly enjoyed watching his progress this year. I'm far from convinced on Parsons, but he has earned the right to be selected after good VFL form. Good luck to him tonight, I certainly wish him well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true. It's good to see Kolo silence the doubters though. I've always been really confident he'd be a good player and I've certainly enjoyed watching his progress this year. I'm far from convinced on Parsons, but he has earned the right to be selected after good VFL form. Good luck to him tonight, I certainly wish him well.
The only trouble with Kolo has been he starts the year of well but then drops off by the end of the year

Games like this remind me of the wise words Ian 'Robbo' Robertson once uttered when calling a Cats game a few years ago...

"I don't think there is any doubt Geelong have the skill in their side to win this game - the only doubt would be their attitude."

We ended up kicking 37 goals that day.

Here's to a good attitude and a good win.

The only trouble with Kolo has been he starts the year of well but then drops off by the end of the year

I think that's in part due to the roles he ends up playing towards the end of the season - starts the year in defence & because the club doesn't want to drop him he may find himself on the wing.

Hopefully this year he is left in defence & we won't see him drop away

Peak BigFooty.

Don't have any problem with Parsons playing. It's precisely the point that good VFL performances should be rewarded. In the past the issue with Parsons has been that he has been left in the AFL side when not contributing, rather than being sent on the VFL to work on his game, which has been a lingering problem with many younger players. But he's done that now, so it's fair that he get the chance to come back and see if he can apply VFL form to an AFL environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back