HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I spent a large part of my life in Geelong so want them To win if we cannot

That said I’m not sure their game plan will hold up in finals, launching a lot from half back at the momwnt

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I spent a large part of my life in Geelong so want them To win if we cannot

That said I’m not sure their game plan will hold up in finals, launching a lot from half back at the momwnt
I spent my first 11 years there, and utterly despise them as a result ...

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I spent my first 11 years there, and utterly despise them as a result ...

yeah i spent many years hating on the team and the town. but having lived overseas for a long time, and the town having gotten a bit better i just prefer it if all my mates and family are happy and I can have a few frothies with them

Also, its cool to have a team in victoria with some of the players till sourced locally

but i understand

When i moved there from Melbs, it must of been 91 or 92, just after the pyramid building society collapsed, town was pretty down

Next to the car dealership my old man bought was an old school greek run fish n chip shop that did the proper burgers with the lot, good fish and chips and so on. So one day I'm walking down the street, and I meet my first 2 locals. One older kid, probably around 14, on a 10 speed, and one younger kid, about 10 on foot.

Older kid: Are you on the way to the fish and chip shop
Me: Yeah
Younger Kid: It's closed. Suck eggs

That was my first interaction

He's been like that for the last few years. He has never been as a good a player as he was in his first season when he was crashing packs and had consistent second and third efforts for the footy. Since then, he's very much in work smarter, not harder mode, he doesn't lead, he doesn't jump for pack marks, and nothing by way of follow up efforts. He always wants the ball put on his head because, if he his defender stays behind him, he'll engage and try to win a free kick, and if the defender goes in front, he'll try to work him under the ball and run into an open goal ... smarter, not harder.
He's become an elite runner, but he's lost a lot of the forward craft that made him seem destined to be the next Pav/Richo type of forward.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
They were trying to build great pyramids in Geelong to rival the ones in Giza, unfortunately it all went belly up and all they were left with was a few patches of dirt.

I badly wanted it to be anything close to this.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

Need more info on the pyramid society

Nah we got it done eventually

F7899F79-2C38-430B-98E4-6ADCF06B8E02.jpeg

Last edited:
Back