AFL Round 11: Essendon v Richmond Saturday 7:25pm AEST @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

This is embarrassing can we just admit the hurley free was terrible there is no need to try and justify everything we are allowed to admit we got a dodgy one.
And the dea one was a fantastic smother

Last night was a close to a full 4 quarter performance i have seen from us all season, there is still room to improve but with 4 tough games coming up it was good to see. The instruction last night was definitely too come hard early you blokes win when the other team doesn't bring pressure and fold when the pressure is there so we stepped it up a notch imo, just look at dusty on baguley early.
Yeah loved that smother by Dea, classic defense, never give in thats the backmans version of an icredible snap from tge boundary, something similar helped to win Collingwood a flag

despite a few frustrating decisions no one in their right mind thought the umpires influenced the result last night. As I said, some humility would be a good thing, especially after being in the wilderness for over 3 decades
We sure did cop it for those 30 years though and still have everyone saying we havent beaten anyone, humility cuts both ways.

to tiger fans, well done! outplayed us easily.
what's the secret? how do you do it?!
how do you know!

They run harder than anybody else. It’s amazing. Ball is turned over and we have it, look up and four Tigers and sprinted back to make defensive position. They get possession and they’re streaming forward to put pressure on. All 22 just run super hard and do it far better than anybody else. They’re super-motivated.

They run harder than anybody else. It’s amazing. Ball is turned over and we have it, look up and four Tigers and sprinted back to make defensive position. They get possession and they’re streaming forward to put pressure on. All 22 just run super hard and do it far better than anybody else. They’re super-motivated.
It still feels weird for me seeing this.
So many years I remember going to the footy and feeling like the opposition had an extra 3 players on the ground.

It still feels weird for me seeing this.
So many years I remember going to the footy and feeling like the opposition had an extra 3 players on the ground.

The game has become a battle for territory, Richmond’s ability to cover the ground is second-to-none, it’s very hard to see them getting beaten. They’ll have to have an off day where effort drops off. They’re human, that’ll happen occasionally, and he opposition will have to be 110% on to take advantage.

Dimma, what a man

The game has become a battle for territory, Richmond’s ability to cover the ground is second-to-none, it’s very hard to see them getting beaten. They’ll have to have an off day where effort drops off. They’re human, that’ll happen occasionally, and he opposition will have to be 110% on to take advantage.

Dimma, what a man
I don't think you need to be 100% on to take advantage if we're off.
We definitely upped our pressure last night, just like we did vs Collingwood and Melbourne.
I think they would have done this on the back of Essendon having good pressure ratings the last cpl weeks and also for the occasion of dreamtime.
I do get the feeling that they are trying to conserve throughout the season and up the pressure where necessary.
If that's the case, we'll be very hard to beat in September, but a lot can change over the next couple of months.

Lol. You took me calling a free kick 'pathetic' so personally.

Don't worry, you would have still won comfortably without the free kick, you can stop being so fragile now. xx

Yes, here i am melting about the place. And it’s good to see you recognise my point. We got there in the end. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Yes, here i am melting about the place. And it’s good to see you recognise my point. We got there in the end. Well done.

Lol. So your point was that Richmond would have won comfortably regardless. When did I say you wouldn't? Why are you so defensive about your team's success?

Lol. So your point was that Richmond would have won comfortably regardless. When did I say you wouldn't? Why are you so defensive about your team's success?

You're trying to hard mate. When you're trying to get an opposition melt down you gotta build it up, take your time with it. I thought you had potential, but frankly, i am disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

You're trying to hard mate. When you're trying to get an opposition melt down you gotta build it up, take your time with it. I thought you had potential, but frankly, i am disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.
Hahahaha, I'm not trying to get a meltdown. You already did anyway when you had a bitch because I called a s**t free kick a s**t free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Dea contact below the knees on Dan Butler, which cost us a goal. Have at it for 6 pages like you did with Dusty, even though the best Essendon could have expected in that situation was a ball up.

Hahahaha, I'm not trying to get a meltdown. You already did anyway when you had a bitch because I called a s**t free kick a s**t free kick.

Actually you have had a bit of a tanti at me. All I actually did was highlight that it didn’t make a difference. I didn’t offer an opinion on whether it was a good or bad call. :think

Actually you have had a bit of a tanti at me. All I actually did was highlight that it didn’t make a difference. I didn’t offer an opinion on whether it was a good or bad call. :think

i.e. showing how fragile you are about your team's success.

i.e. showing how fragile you are about your team's success.

4ffb69e59f800e2cfb58bb801206cd22.jpeg

Matt Dea contact below the knees on Dan Butler, which cost us a goal. Have at it for 6 pages like you did with Dusty, even though the best Essendon could have expected in that situation was a ball up.

Nope, nothing wrong with what Dea did. Dea got hands to the ball first and no contact below the knees.

o
The efc crowd just vanished after half time.
Suspect they were just as disappointed in themselves being conned AGAIN by this club as the offerings on the field ...
or dissappointed by getting reamed by a bloody good footy outfit...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back