AFL Round 11: North Melbourne v Brisbane Sunday 1:10pm AEST @ES

Remove this Banner Ad

North and Brisbane had the same amount of u/50 game players out there today, North had one less u/100 game players.

You sound like the one doing the sooking.

Sooking over people sooking, that’s what I call awkward.

Nah, pointing out a massive theme across the day on a forum is not awkward. 20k Roos fans being complete divas over blatant frees was. You're all feeling a bit sensitive about it obviously.

Sorry I'm confused. Are you or are you not annoyed by umpires? Are you suggesting their was a collective reasoning behind the mindless booing after EVERY single call? I'm not sure that stacks up. You gave away more frees because you absolutely bullied us all over the ground, which leads to more frees being given away. I didn't notice inconsistencies tbh.
I’m confused as to why you are so concerned with what the crowd is or isn’t doing? Sounds like that concerns you more than what your team dished up?

Nah, pointing out a massive theme across the day on a forum is not awkward. 20k Roos fans being complete divas over blatant frees was. You're all feeling a bit sensitive about it obviously.
Lol! Obviously you are the sensitive one, seems to be all you are posting about.

Did the big bad North supporters ruin your experience with their booing?

North and Brisbane had the same amount of u/50 game players out there today, North had one less u/100 game players.

Two blokes debuted.

Sorry I'm confused.

Obviously.

Are you or are you not annoyed by umpires?

I didn't think the umpires did a very good job, however, I don't think it impacted the game. They lacked consistency, ie they missed an obvious shepherding free kick literally seconds after paying one to Brisbane.

Are you suggesting their was a collective reasoning behind the mindless booing after EVERY single call?

I think what you experienced would be typical of any home crowd in similar circumstances. Yes, the supporters who carried on a lot embarrassed themselves and they carried on when there were legitimate free kicks, however, it is what it is and is no difference anywhere else. I just focus on what is within our control, not what isn't.

I'm not sure that stacks up. You gave away more frees because you absolutely bullied us all over the ground, which leads to more frees being given away. I didn't notice inconsistencies tbh.

We lacked discipline at times, but you are over-simplifying the situation and are ignoring the kind of mob emotion that is generated, particularly in a mostly one-sided audience.

I thought the umpiring was poor, it wasn't consistent, but my frustration was reserved for our pedestrian effort in the second half, we should have beaten Brisbane by 20 goals but took the foot off the throat, that to me is more annoying than the umpires being forced to change interpretations mid season by the AFL and struggling to get it right.

Their coach called us an old side...

Yeah? Nah mother ******.

Want to be a dick, fine. Just don’t get us tarred with your dumbass stupidity.

I'll let you know when you are the moral arbiter of bigfooty.com.

Keep your cowboy act for someone it might impress.

Their coach called us an old side...

His post match interview was some of the finest used car sales work I have seen for a while.

He must think Brisbane supporters are stupid.

Obviously.

I didn't think the umpires did a very good job, however, I don't think it impacted the game. They lacked consistency, ie they missed an obvious shepherding free kick literally seconds after paying one to Brisbane.

I think what you experienced would be typical of any home crowd in similar circumstances. Yes, the supporters who carried on a lot embarrassed themselves and they carried on when there were legitimate free kicks, however, it is what it is and is no difference anywhere else. I just focus on what is within our control, not what isn't.

We lacked discipline at times, but you are over-simplifying the situation and are ignoring the kind of mob emotion that is generated, particularly in a mostly one-sided audience.

I thought the umpiring was poor, it wasn't consistent, but my frustration was reserved for our pedestrian effort in the second half, we should have beaten Brisbane by 20 goals but took the foot off the throat, that to me is more annoying than the umpires being forced to change interpretations mid season by the AFL and struggling to get it right.

We win the Free kick count most weeks because we are often bullied and easy to man handle (think we have the second most frees this year), I haven't heard a home crowd respond anything like that, massive sook fest, cop it and move on.

The highlight was when young Bailey got smacked right across the cheek bone and got a deserved high tackle (clear as day) and the crowd screamed and moanrd when it clearly showed it 3 times again on replay. Hahaha

We win the Free kick count most weeks because we are often bullied and easy to man handle (think we have the second most frees this year), I haven't heard a home crowd respond anything like that, massive sook fest, cop it and move on.

The highlight was when young Bailey got smacked right across the cheek bone and got a deserved high tackle (clear as day) and the crowd screamed and moanrd when it clearly showed it 3 times again on replay. Hahaha
Don’t be so salty and upset. Just take the L and move on. You should be used to this.

Don’t be so salty and upset. Just take the L and move on. You should be used to this.

Lol, I'm fine with losing. As I said, membership pack, rule book.. it will serve you guys well.

The part that I love the most is the many North fans who are the equivilent to flat-earthers, thinking its an AFL directive that the umpires help the Lions!!! As if Gill actually calls down to them before the game and demands we get more frees or something.. that was the best part of your post game review thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, I'm fine with losing. As I said, membership pack, rule book.. it will serve you guys well.

The part that I love the most is the many North fans who are the equivilent to flat-earthers, thinking its an AFL directive that the umpires help the Lions!!! As if Gill actually calls down to them before the game and demands we get more frees or something.. that was the best part of your post game review thread.
Nice try. The best part for me was winning

Was at the game. North supporters whining after literally every free kick, even blatant ones. Never sat through a bigger whine fest in my life, was laughable. Time with ball in hand was pretty even and North hunted us with constant physical pressure, where as we barely laid a hand on Norths players.. that's why we got more frees. Just like the tigers always give more away. The frees where almost all there, not once on replay whilst the North supporters were mindlessly complaining did I not see a free kick that we were awarded. Sook fest. Goldstein infringes on pretty much every ruck contests too, lucky they let about 15 ruck freekicks go, or the whinge-o-meter might have exploded.
Mate I've got to say that maybe you should be the one to read the rule book.

There were so many frees picked out of nowhere it just wasn't funny. Off the top of my head I specifically go to the Hipwood free for contact in a marking contest where there was no touch (yet Brown gets tunneled and molested every contest), the 2 paid against Maj for some unbeknownst reason, the absolute inconsistencies with holding the ball calls, etc. etc.

I do think however that you are spot on with part of your assessment, majority of your playing group aren't strong enough to stand up in a tackle so under real AFL pressure the umps pay frees that simply wouldn't be there if we were playing an AFL standard team.

Nice try. The best part for me was winning

Sorry, I think there has been a communication breakdown somewhere along the way. I was discussing your fans irrationally screaming and sooking after every single whistle, then claiming it was an AFL led conspiracy against your team. A side story to an otherwise dominant performance.

Outside of that one observation, I have a lot of admiration for what your team is doing on field this year, especially after everyone writing them off. Playing tough, uncompromising team footy and you humiliated us yesterday, we were not up for the challenge at all.

Your age profile is very comparable to ours, we have no excuses, you just showed us what a hardened, professional football team looks like. It sucked sitting in the stands watching it and I am very jealous of the sudden success your team is enjoying.

Mate I've got to say that maybe you should be the one to read the rule book.

There were so many frees picked out of nowhere it just wasn't funny. Off the top of my head I specifically go to the Hipwood free for contact in a marking contest where there was no touch (yet Brown gets tunneled and molested every contest), the 2 paid against Maj for some unbeknownst reason, the absolute inconsistencies with holding the ball calls, etc. etc.

I do think however that you are spot on with part of your assessment, majority of your playing group aren't strong enough to stand up in a tackle so under real AFL pressure the umps pay frees that simply wouldn't be there if we were playing an AFL standard team.

That Hipwood one was right infront of me and there was CLEAR contact to Hipwoods arm (albeit slight) and it turned him away and knocked him out of the contest with your player not facing the ball, it was a free-kick every day of the week and correctly called as one. Brown Brown was not impacted on all game, that is an absolute figment of your imagination and a good example of the irrational state of hysteria you Guys whipped yourself into. Harris beat him fair and square just like he did Cameron, Roughhead and Buddy in the last 5 games. There may have been one free that I re-call that could have gone Browns way that didn't and even that was a 50/50. If you want to talk about constant infringing, go look at Goldstien draping his arm over Steph Martins shoulder EVERY ruck contest or holding his Jumper.

Yes - I am spot on. We are a developing team who were slow and timid and we got pressured and monstered by a much better team on their home ground, hense, we got a few more frees. Just like Tigers give them away each week. I wish we won by 50 points and had 9 more frees againsts, at least that means we were hunting and smashing up our opponent. every time I would hear cries of anger from the crowd I would look up and the big screen and watch the replay, and... everytime... everytime... it was a clear free kick.

anyway the 5 X's 50 meter penalty's (all of which wern't clear as day) - 2 resulting in goals easily makes up for the free-kick discrepancy.

That Hipwood one was right infront of me and there was CLEAR contact to Hipwoods arm (albeit slight) and it turned him away and knocked him out of the contest with your player not facing the ball, it was a free-kick every day of the week and correctly called as one.

More likely a slight breeze.

Again, clear contact. But please, continue to let your rage and bias effect your ability to think clearly.
It is funny how every North supporter on this board saw the same things, yet you didn't?

Let me have another look at the replay and I'll get back to you, but for now I will stand by my opinion that if that was a genuine free for contact we might as well call this game Netball.

Just like the one paid to Porkins Sat night and Rance yesterday.

It is funny how every North supporter on this board saw the same things, yet you didn't?

Let me have another look at the replay and I'll get back to you, but for now I will stand by my opinion that if that was a genuine free for contact we might as well call this game Netball.

Just like the one paid to Porkins Sat night and Rance yesterday.

It's not the amount of force, it took him out of the marking contest and it was front on contact. Both players were going with the fall of the ball and the contact spun him away from a position to be able to mark it. As it happened, I called it straight away, I was level 2 front row, it was about 30 meters away, looked every bit of a free-kick to me in real time and when I saw the replay as well.

Fair call, I will watch replay too, might have a been a few soft ones in there.

Was at the game. North supporters whining after literally every free kick, even blatant ones. Never sat through a bigger whine fest in my life, was laughable. Time with ball in hand was pretty even and North hunted us with constant physical pressure, where as we barely laid a hand on Norths players.. that's why we got more frees. Just like the tigers always give more away. The frees where almost all there, not once on replay whilst the North supporters were mindlessly complaining did I not see a free kick that we were awarded. Sook fest. Goldstein infringes on pretty much every ruck contests too, lucky they let about 15 ruck freekicks go, or the whinge-o-meter might have exploded.

Congratulations on your first live football match. Just so you know for your next one people whining at the umpiring in footy has been happening forever.

Have you ever been to Subi?BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congratulations on your first live football match. Just so you know for your next one people whining at the umpiring in footy has been happening forever.

Really Mate, fans whinge about umpiring?

I haven't experienced a collective whinge fest like I did on Sunday in my 30 years of going to the footy. Yes you get little waves of discontentment throughout a game and ironic cheers when you get your first free after a while, but this was every single call, even the most blatant frees. Claiming 9 more frees to us shows blatant bias, whilst disregarding that we have an even amount of ball and your pressure and physicality was 10 times better than ours, which explains the discrepancy.

The fact almost every post on your review thread cried poor about he umpires would indicate this doesn't happen to you every week.

You Guys are so sensitive about this issue. I sat there just laughing at your collective, irrational rage.. It would have been an oversight on my behalf not to document it in the big footy main board, game day thread.

Really Mate, fans whinge about umpiring?

I haven't experienced a collective whinge fest like I did on Sunday in my 30 years of going to the footy. Yes you get little waves of discontentment throughout a game and ironic cheers when you get your first free after a while, but this was every single call, even the most blatant frees. Claiming 9 more frees to us shows blatant bias, whilst disregarding that we have an even amount of ball and your pressure and physicality was 10 times better than ours, which explains the discrepancy.

The fact almost every post on your review thread cried poor about he umpires would indicate this doesn't happen to you every week.

You Guys are so sensitive about this issue. I sat there just laughing at your collective, irrational rage.. It would have been an oversight on my behalf not to document it in the big footy main board, game day thread.

I didn't whinge about the umpiring, just like I don't tar all Lions supporters as being flogs.

Just seems like a real weird thing to be complaining about, let alone a day after. Who really cares?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back