AFL Round 11: North Melbourne v Brisbane Sunday 1:10pm AEST @ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the game. North supporters whining after literally every free kick, even blatant ones. Never sat through a bigger whine fest in my life, was laughable. Time with ball in hand was pretty even and North hunted us with constant physical pressure, where as we barely laid a hand on Norths players.. that's why we got more frees. Just like the tigers always give more away. The frees where almost all there, not once on replay whilst the North supporters were mindlessly complaining did I not see a free kick that we were awarded. Sook fest. Goldstein infringes on pretty much every ruck contests too, lucky they let about 15 ruck freekicks go, or the whinge-o-meter might have exploded.
This.

*lead by 50*

*North player takes on three players with a stiff arm then gets tackled to the ground for the most obvious free kick ever.*

North fans: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

This.

*lead by 50*

*North player takes on three players with a stiff arm then gets tackled to the ground for the most obvious free kick ever.*

North fans: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

hahaha the rage after that scoop, side step, attempted fend off, turn, tackle (eventual HTB)... was incredible. Even boo'd the replay which clearly showed the fend off three times over.

I'm not complaining? I made an observation of something that was clearly happening at the game and it really got the goat of a few Norf supporters. I am responding to their arguments in response to my post, some of which needed further clarification such as the Hipwood free-kick.. It wasn't unfair or against the spirit of the contest, just simply suggesting a few rule books go out with membership packs, that's all.

We all have our idiots. The good ones roll their eyes in both directions but worth considering that complaining about s**t at the footy is part of the fun and it's always better to look forward to next week than dwell too much on things that affect nobody after a game. I'd say most of the argument from North fans is about the frees that don't get paid as opposed to the extra ones being paid elsewhere but of course they balance out over time. It's not about the NMFC or the Brisbane Lions footy club, it's about consistency in umpiring and I'll guarantee you every team forum has lamented it (I know the Lions posters have, a quick search of "umpiring" in your team forum shows everybody is partial to a whinge every now and again, whether you win or lose).

Sorry, I think there has been a communication breakdown somewhere along the way. I was discussing your fans irrationally screaming and sooking after every single whistle, then claiming it was an AFL led conspiracy against your team. A side story to an otherwise dominant performance.

Outside of that one observation, I have a lot of admiration for what your team is doing on field this year, especially after everyone writing them off. Playing tough, uncompromising team footy and you humiliated us yesterday, we were not up for the challenge at all.

Your age profile is very comparable to ours, we have no excuses, you just showed us what a hardened, professional football team looks like. It sucked sitting in the stands watching it and I am very jealous of the sudden success your team is enjoying.
If you don’t like it stay home and watch it on TV.

It happens at all games, fans boo, they scream and they cheer. If you are sensitive to it then save yourself the trouble and watch it from the couch.

People pay their money to go and watch and as long as they aren’t personally abusing you then they can boo, cheer as much as they like. I actually find the crowd interaction adds to the atmosphere and experience.

You seem to be taking a crowd reaction very personally for some reason?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back