AFL Round 11: North Melbourne v Brisbane Sunday 1:10pm AEST @ES

Ahern watch: 29 disposals, 7 score involvements, 4 marks, 5 clearances, 4 inside 50’s, 4 rebound 50’s.

What a debut!

Yep, a true steal if his body holds up.

abcde12345

Team Captain
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS
I know they had injuries to contend with in this game (and so did the opposition), and they're still a very young squad, but honestly, for all the "they're on the right track" and "I like what they're building" that gets bandied about by non-Brisbane supporters, have the Lions improved at all this year?

If this is actually genuine:

At this point last year, the lions had an average margin of just under -35 points. At the moment their average margin for this year is at -20.5 points. Excluding our game against Richmond, and this game where we were playing with 1 on the bench for more than half the game, our average margin is a bit under -9 points. So I think even at a super simplistic level it is completely justifiable to say we are comfortably improving.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Has Cunnigtons trip and Simpkins shoulder gone unnoticed? Both Christensen and Cameron out for the game as a result. Not even a talking point?

I think they will look at Simpkin.

Higgins tackle is what caused Camerons ankle injury, not the little trip just before it.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Has Cunnigtons trip and Simpkins shoulder gone unnoticed? Both Christensen and Cameron out for the game as a result. Not even a talking point?
Cunnington's trip? Rofl.

Mate his foot got caught...it wasn't from Cunnington putting out his foot.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Today marks the first time in all my life following football that I saw my club win by 9 goals and left the ground with an overriding emotion of pure anger.

It would be letting the officiating off easily to suggest they were just bad, they were downright shameful.

It was as if AFL house had sent message to the umpires via their ear pieces half way through the second quarter that a 25 goal blowout was not going to be tolerated against one of their franchises. They simply have too much invested to allow that.

From that point onward, a criminal act unfolded on the Docklands arena.

Brisbane were massively flattered by today's result.

If they send those 3 clowns down to Geelong next week with the same agenda, North may as well not bother showing up..

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cunnington's trip? Rofl.

Mate his foot got caught...it wasn't from Cunnington putting out his foot.

Have you watched a replay? Cunnigton is wrong footed and sticks out his leg. At the same time Cameron is tackled from behind. The whack in the shins from Cunnington wouldnt have helped him keep his feet in a safe position.

I dont really think its worth a suspension but its hardly a ROFL moment.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thier loss was made up for by three green clowns #freekickbrisbaneagain

I thought it was #freekickNorthagain. Thise bloody clowns.....

Edit: On reflection I think we should have had more free kicks. North were playing outside the spirit of the game all day. Tackling too hard, outnumbering us at the stoppages, not letting us mark the ball..... I could go on.

Last edited:

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Have you watched a replay? Cunnigton is wrong footed and sticks out his leg. At the same time Cameron is tackled from behind. The whack in the shins from Cunnington wouldnt have helped him keep his feet in a safe position.

I dont really think its worth a suspension but its hardly a ROFL moment.
I have watched the replay.

ROFL stands as you are blind and/or delusional. ROFL.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
If this is actually genuine:

At this point last year, the lions had an average margin of just under -35 points. At the moment their average margin for this year is at -20.5 points. Excluding our game against Richmond, and this game where we were playing with 1 on the bench for more than half the game, our average margin is a bit under -9 points. So I think even at a super simplistic level it is completely justifiable to say we are comfortably improving.

After 11 games, 2015
17th position
1-10 Win-Loss Record
65.1% Percentage
Average losing margin of 52.4 points
6 40+ point losses

After 11 games, 2016
17th position
1-10 Win-Loss Record
62.4% Percentage
Average losing margin of 52.7 points
7 40+ point losses

After 11 games, 2017
18th position
2-9 Win-Loss Record
70.2% Percentage
Average losing margin of 49.1 points
5 40+ point losses

After 11 games, 2018
17th position
1-10 Win-Loss Record
79.1% Percentage
Average losing margin of 28.1 points
2 40+ point losses

Fair enough, a bit more competitive scoreline-wise, but the position still remains the same.

The Lions aren't improving enough relative to the rest of the league to actually climb the ladder, and the other teams aren't "complying" by regressing at the same time, either.

Back