AFL Round 12: Fremantle v Adelaide Sunday 2:40pm AWST @OS

Remove this Banner Ad

Odds change as players get nominated...you have got to be in it to win it and Doedee has a regular spot in Adelaides 22.
But there are better players who will coe to the fore and are better than Doedee.
The award also favours midfielders.

You are just being subjective now.

I'll be interested to compare Dow, LDU and Cerra going forward. All three looked like bona fide midfield stars. Dow has probably struggled to find the pace of the game, North withdrew LDU from the line of fire when he looked out of his depth, but Cerra has become better and better.

Haven’t seen much of LDU but Dow and Cerra, I don’t think either team
Will be upset with their man. Cerra certainly stepped up to the level seamlessly, probably moreso than any other first year player.

Odds change as players get nominated...you have got to be in it to win it and Doedee has a regular spot in Adelaides 22.
But there are better players who will coe to the fore and are better than Doedee.
The award also favours midfielders.

Yeah, I'm just saying Sportsbet had him as favourite because you said "Adelaide bookies". Btw only three mids have won it in the last ten years.

If you believe that you are going to win a heap of games only scoring 71 points then good for you.
Stick with the cult of Ross the Floss.;)
Exactly. Freo look ok down back with Hamling and Pierce and Wilson. Their forward line is just rubbish and they don't know how to kick winning scores. Ross Lyon gameplans just don't work with scoring. Even in the saints peak a lot of their scores came from some player running into an open 50 with no one else on them just due to their scrum like tactics.

So..how many weeks will Walters get for punching Kelly?
He was also reported for headbutting the "rising star" (Doedee) too, I think?
Pretty stupid, important player for Freo.

If you believe that you are going to win a heap of games only scoring 71 points then good for you.
Stick with the cult of Ross the Floss.;)

I suppose it would have been too much to expect some praise after that one eh. I can only imagine the superlatives you'd be gushing if it was the Saints.

You're a decent poster but for whatever reason when it comes to Freo you're unbelievably biased and irrational. If you can't concede that it was a great triumph by a young group then there's no helping you. Grade A troll.

How far the Crows have fallen...sure, injuries were massive, but what does Pykey and the coaching team done to fill in the gaps? Or is their game plan too inflexible? Maybe develop some young talent?
Fallen a long way. Injuries an excuse now. Filled in the gaps with some pretty good young players. Game plan too inflexible. Time to develop some young talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fallen a long way. Injuries an excuse now. Filled in the gaps with some pretty good young players. Game plan too inflexible. Time to develop some young talent.
Problem is that Adelaide hasn't bottomed out recently and we don't have a stock of top 10 picks. Our only top 10 picked player is Gibbs. There isn't a lot of quality young talent to develop.

Some of the young guys are good but we have a lot of 50 - 100 game players who are as good as they are going to be and that's not quite good enough.

it never ceases to amaze me how angry, churlish, small minded and just plain spiteful some of the people that post here are.
Other than one sided blowouts most winning teams are kicking sub 100 scores.
The game has become more defensive and teams are mostly playing similar styles.

Lyon has done everything that his detractors said he couldn't do. He's developed young players, replaced all the old guys and introduced a faster, more attacking game plan.

Freo played with heart & courage today and it was an exciting game of footy that went down to the wire with players from both sides displaying great desperation.

Yet people feel the need to parrot the same old petty nonsense rather than enjoying a good game and acknowledging Freo had a good win today.
People talking about Lyon's gameplan as if it hasn't changed since St Kilda just reveal their own ignorance. Spouting tired cliches because they aren't capable of any actual analysis.

No one from Freo is trying to oversell it. We are miles off the top 8, half a dozen of our 1st picked out, fielded the youngest group in the league and we had a good win and we're happy.

I suppose it would have been too much to expect some praise after that one eh. I can only imagine the superlatives you'd be gushing if it was the Saints.

You're a decent poster but for whatever reason when it comes to Freo you're unbelievably biased and irrational. If you can't concede that it was a great triumph by a young group then there's no helping you. Grade A troll.
No.
Credit where credit is due. Good win from a young side without Fyfe, Sandy etc.
Sorry if i seem caustic when it comes to Fremantle. One of the few expansion clubs (like Port) who deserve their place in a national competition due to the history, tradition, identity and supporter base they had as stand alone clubs in their respective state leagues.
It is just my hatred of Ross Lyon that colors my opinion - and the residual bitterness between Freo and the Saints supporters over the defection of the coach.
I was actually an East Fremantle supporter in the 'old' WAFL. (Go Sharks!)
(I even went to the 1979 WAFL Grand Final at Subi between East Fremantle and South Fremantle - now that was a great game of footy).
Once Lyon finishes up, my affection for Freo will be renewed.

Same in response to your post E Shed. Well played Freo.

Last edited:
it never ceases to amaze me how angry, churlish, small minded and just plain spiteful some of the people that post here are.
Other than one sided blowouts most winning teams are kicking sub 100 scores.
The game has become more defensive and teams are mostly playing similar styles.

Lyon has done everything that his detractors said he couldn't do. He's developed young players, replaced all the old guys and introduced a faster, more attacking game plan.

Freo played with heart & courage today and it was an exciting game of footy that went down to the wire with players from both sides displaying great desperation.

Yet people feel the need to parrot the same old petty nonsense rather than enjoying a good game and acknowledging Freo had a good win today.
People talking about Lyon's gameplan as if it hasn't changed since St Kilda just reveal their own ignorance. Spouting tired cliches because they aren't capable of any actual analysis.

No one from Freo is trying to oversell it. We are miles off the top 8, half a dozen of our 1st picked out, fielded the youngest group in the league and we had a good win and we're happy.

So...... you're happy with kicking 71 points.... yeah ok.

insane-laughter-gif-11.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back