AFL Round 12: Fremantle v Adelaide Sunday 2:40pm AWST @OS

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, their second half was s**t.
other than one sided blowouts of which there have been many lately sub 100 scores are the norm this year for winning teams.
The game has gotten lower scoring and more defensive over the last few years.
GWS kicked 97 last week to beat Adelaide. Were you happy with that? What is the cutoff point between 72 and 97 as a winning score where we would be allowed to be happy?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
other than one sided blowouts of which there have been many lately sub 100 scores are the norm this year for winning teams.
GWS kicked 97 last week to beat Adelaide. Were you happy with that? What is the cutoff point between 72 and 97 as a winning score where we would be allowed to be happy?
We'd have been delighted with a 6 points to 5 win given our form going in of course. The game was a real scrap. Your guys won the scrap, well done.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
That's filthy from Adelaide. Yeah they've got injuries but Freo's team had less experience than Gold Coast's this week. Losing that is inexcusable given that their season was on the line.
Season on the line??...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha... our season was over weeks ago. We’ve had Sloane, Bcrouch, tex, McGovern, smith, Brown, Lynch, Mcrouch, Betts miss multiple games or more so far this season.. add to this list second tier guys like knight, Hartigan, Milera, Gibson that have also missed a few or more.

Anyone that actually thinks that any side in this comp that has so many of its top 10 players out for significant periods and, basically at the same time plus several second tier players, would still be top 8 contenders are completely deluded.

I can’t actually believe we’ve won as many as we have.. although we have played Carlton, dogs, saints and suns!

We’re fielding half our SANFL side and this is finally caught up. No club in this comp has so much depth that they could cover the loss of 5-7 of their best players.

Good win from freo today... that cerra kid looks like the best pick from last year so far..

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
They are probably tanking, thinking about 2019! It wouldn't surprise me.
If only they would!!... but the morons running our club seem to think we’re still in with a chance no matter how dire the circumstances and that scraping into the 8 is dignifying.. it’s the reason the only player on our list that was taken in the top 10 of any draft is Gibbs.. and it wasn’t us that picked him up in the draft.

Here’s the list of top 10 talent currently at all the clubs;

E8947D63-0BD5-4865-A316-B159372F8390.jpeg

Sorry, it’s attached to Carlton’s Top 20.. and considering Carlton’s current position... you might want to look away.

If any club deserves to go “our year is ruined by injuries to our top 10 and several second tier players, let’s tank”... it’s bloody Adelaide!.. but we won’t, we’ll struggle on because we’re Adelaide not Carlton or Melbourne (two well known tankers in recent times)..

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Unless you kick over 100 regularly there is something wrong.

CholEstrol

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Problem is that Adelaide hasn't bottomed out recently and we don't have a stock of top 10 picks. Our only top 10 picked player is Gibbs. There isn't a lot of quality young talent to develop.

Some of the young guys are good but we have a lot of 50 - 100 game players who are as good as they are going to be and that's not quite good enough.
Sydney and Geelong never bottom out and are in the window every year. Hope the Tigers are on their way to that also.
Agree that the SANFL Crows aren''t batting too deep, but the youth on the park due to injuries are pretty good.
Those 50-100's need Rory, Smith, Crouch, McGovern, Tex firing to become better. Just hasn't turned out that way.
The loss of Dangerfield, Lever, Davis, Tippett, Cameron, Gunston, Bock is unprecedented, but history will show that excuses aren't take into account when looking back on the premiership teams of the past.

BPikkers

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sydney and Geelong never bottom out and are in the window every year. Hope the Tigers are on their way to that also.
Agree that the SANFL Crows aren''t batting too deep, but the youth on the park due to injuries are pretty good.
Those 50-100's need Rory, Smith, Crouch, McGovern, Tex firing to become better. Just hasn't turned out that way.
The loss of Dangerfield, Lever, Davis, Tippett, Cameron, Gunston, Bock is unprecedented, but history will show that excuses aren't take into account when looking back on the premiership teams of the past.

This may well be the ‘in’ word in Bigfooty world.

Yeah time to look elsewhere Crows. Quite a few teams with similar injury woes above them on the ladder.
Lost to a team missing arguably the best player in the comp, their no.1 ruck and their 2 best wingers. Injuries are a huge cop-out.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
it never ceases to amaze me how angry, churlish, small minded and just plain spiteful some of the people that post here are.
Other than one sided blowouts most winning teams are kicking sub 100 scores.
The game has become more defensive and teams are mostly playing similar styles.

Lyon has done everything that his detractors said he couldn't do. He's developed young players, replaced all the old guys and introduced a faster, more attacking game plan.

Freo played with heart & courage today and it was an exciting game of footy that went down to the wire with players from both sides displaying great desperation.

Yet people feel the need to parrot the same old petty nonsense rather than enjoying a good game and acknowledging Freo had a good win today.
People talking about Lyon's gameplan as if it hasn't changed since St Kilda just reveal their own ignorance. Spouting tired cliches because they aren't capable of any actual analysis.

No one from Freo is trying to oversell it. We are miles off the top 8, half a dozen of our 1st picked out, fielded the youngest group in the league and we had a good win and we're happy.

Articulated perfectly my sentiments e
Really like the way we took the game on from behind kick ins at times today

Straight down the guts to a one on one
Almost pulled it off too

One thing That has annoyed me of late is the fact that the sheep are quick to jump on the bash Ross bandwagon with scant regard to the reality of where we are at

At the start of the season we were asked to stick fat, it’s gunna be a trying time, but bear with us , be patient and well pull through
11 games in and the bell was tolling for Ross, most people wanted his head on a platter,
The narrative coming out of the club hasn’t changed though
one thing I’m pretty confident of is that internally ,the group, coaching staff and management believe in the path we are on and are staying the course
You don’t get 2 years into a 4 year plan and change course due to a couple of bumps in the road
To do so would be atrocious management, it’s a mistake I don’t think we will make

CholEstrol

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Lost to a team missing arguably the best player in the comp, their no.1 ruck and their 2 best wingers. Injuries are a huge cop-out.
Yeah look Smith has been huge. Would be like The Tiges losing Houli for a whole season. Sloane not so much. Had been worked out a bit before the foot injury worsened. But you're right the time for excuses is over given how sides like Collingwood and GWS have toughed out injury situations.

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
it never ceases to amaze me how angry, churlish, small minded and just plain spiteful some of the people that post here are.
Other than one sided blowouts most winning teams are kicking sub 100 scores.
The game has become more defensive and teams are mostly playing similar styles.

Lyon has done everything that his detractors said he couldn't do. He's developed young players, replaced all the old guys and introduced a faster, more attacking game plan.

Freo played with heart & courage today and it was an exciting game of footy that went down to the wire with players from both sides displaying great desperation.

Yet people feel the need to parrot the same old petty nonsense rather than enjoying a good game and acknowledging Freo had a good win today.
People talking about Lyon's gameplan as if it hasn't changed since St Kilda just reveal their own ignorance. Spouting tired cliches because they aren't capable of any actual analysis.

No one from Freo is trying to oversell it. We are miles off the top 8, half a dozen of our 1st picked out, fielded the youngest group in the league and we had a good win and we're happy.
That's because your level of intelligence is way above the majority on here

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Articulated perfectly my sentiments e
Really like the way we took the game on from behind kick ins at times today

Straight down the guts to a one on one
Almost pulled it off too

One thing That has annoyed me of late is the fact that the sheep are quick to jump on the bash Ross bandwagon with scant regard to the reality of where we are at

At the start of the season we were asked to stick fat, it’s gunna be a trying time, but bear with us , be patient and well pull through
11 games in and the bell was tolling for Ross, most people wanted his head on a platter,
The narrative coming out of the club hasn’t changed though
one thing I’m pretty confident of is that internally ,the group, coaching staff and management believe in the path we are on and are staying the course
You don’t get 2 years into a 4 year plan and change course due to a couple of bumps in the road
To do so would be atrocious management, it’s a mistake I don’t think we will make
You took the kick ins that way because Wilson can hit a guy in the centre of the ground with a hard pass from the goal square. We used to do the same at times.
Good win though.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Season on the line??...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha... our season was over weeks ago. We’ve had Sloane, Bcrouch, tex, McGovern, smith, Brown, Lynch, Mcrouch, Betts miss multiple games or more so far this season.. add to this list second tier guys like knight, Hartigan, Milera, Gibson that have also missed a few or more.

Anyone that actually thinks that any side in this comp that has so many of its top 10 players out for significant periods and, basically at the same time plus several second tier players, would still be top 8 contenders are completely deluded.

I can’t actually believe we’ve won as many as we have.. although we have played Carlton, dogs, saints and suns!

We’re fielding half our SANFL side and this is finally caught up. No club in this comp has so much depth that they could cover the loss of 5-7 of their best players.

Good win from freo today... that cerra kid looks like the best pick from last year so far..

What a cop out. Plenty of other teams hurt badly with injuries this year have shown far more fight. Adelaide were far older and more experienced against one of the least experienced sides you will find at afl level. Looking through the teams Adelaide should've won that easily but they bottled it. Credit to the freo kids for standing up but that from Adelaide was absolutely insipid.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
We’ve had Sloane, Bcrouch, tex, McGovern, smith, Brown, Lynch, Mcrouch, Betts miss multiple games or more so far this season..

A bit more detail on why this is such a soft copout. Firstly your maths needs a bit of work since you've named 9 supposedly top 10 players but missed Laird, Gibbs, Seedsman and Talia who might sneak into your top 10.

You could probably do this for other teams but I know Geelong fits this bill and I know them well.

Adelaide - Smith (12 games missed), Sloane (8), M Crouch (4), Lynch (3), Betts (2), McGovern (4), Brown (1), B Crouch (12), Walker (5) = 51 games.

Geelong - Henderson (12), Taylor (9), Guthrie (9), Menzel (7), S Selwood (5), Ablett (4), Parfitt (5), Duncan (2), Hawkins (2) = 55 games.

That's from players I'd consider top 15 at each club. It doesn't include guys like McCarthy, Ratugolea and cockatoo who are clear best 22 and have missed 25 games between them.

So yeah Geelong's had every bit was bad an injury run as Adelaide. But unlike Adelaide we're not folding to a bunch of kids. Plenty of other teams you could do this for either across the whole season or for particular games too. Justifying a shocking loss to a poor team who were similarly injury ravaged like this is just embarrassing.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
A bit more detail on why this is such a soft copout. Firstly your maths needs a bit of work since you've named 9 supposedly top 10 players but missed Laird, Gibbs, Seedsman and Talia who might sneak into your top 10.

You could probably do this for other teams but I know Geelong fits this bill and I know them well.

Adelaide - Smith (12 games missed), Sloane (8), M Crouch (4), Lynch (3), Betts (2), McGovern (4), Brown (1), B Crouch (12), Walker (5) = 51 games.

Geelong - Henderson (12), Taylor (9), Guthrie (9), Menzel (7), S Selwood (5), Ablett (4), Parfitt (5), Duncan (2), Hawkins (2) = 55 games.

That's from players I'd consider top 15 at each club. It doesn't include guys like McCarthy, Ratugolea and cockatoo who are clear best 22 and have missed 25 games between them.

So yeah Geelong's had every bit was bad an injury run as Adelaide. But unlike Adelaide we're not folding to a bunch of kids. Plenty of other teams you could do this for either across the whole season or for particular games too. Justifying a shocking loss to a poor team who were similarly injury ravaged like this is just embarrassing.
I was using the B&F top 10 from last year..

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
So it’s not evidence. Glad we’ve established that

...you know how bookies work our their odds dont you?

You probably dont actually.

Regardless, the point is, and always has been, that Doedee is right in the conversation for a rookie award so he isnt a terrible player. He is playing great in Jake's old role.

Lever isnt why we have struggled this year. End of story.

Now go read up on bookies odds cos you are embarrassing yourself.

Back