Game Day AFL Round 12 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Melbourne(Gabba- 5:10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting rid of Cameron would be a big mistake. He's played less than 10 games and has massive upside. But let's be clear here; he is not the problem here. It wouldn't matter who we have up there.

He’s 25 and Sydney didn’t try hard to keep him. He’s got nice hands. But looks lost at time and is lumbering. He won’t win us games and isn’t someone you can rely upon.

I gotta say I agree with you. We need to be ruthless.

This season we need to be ruthless to fix alot of glaring deficiencies. Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, Elliott, etc , first round picks all need to be on the table. No point carrying on with the same list that looks so incapable of going the next step....

True. But we have plenty who of guys who compete. We need guys who dominate, we need guys that you don’t hope will make a contest but guys we expect to win the contest.

We need to draft/trade in Some genuine KPP players.
If we keep performing at this level we will finish with a top 5 draft pick and can draft a KPF like Logan McDonald.
Let’s play our kids and make sure of it.

He’s 25 and Sydney didn’t try hard to keep him. He’s got nice hands. But looks lost at time and is lumbering. He won’t win us games and isn’t someone you can rely upon.
He's played less than 10 games. He will take time. He's not the answer going forward, but he's at least better than Cox. Sydney just couldn't find for a spot for him, so letting him go was the only decision that would make sense for them.

COVID is irrelevant.He’s signed up until 2021.

Hopefully there’s no further extension and we can start 2022 with a competent coaching panel and the excitement of the number 1 pick in Daicos

Hopefully he sees the writing the wall and walks away himself at the this year.

He might be one of the best at managing the list now relationship-wise, but it's clear that his defense-oriented mindset has gone too far with players on all lines getting sucked too far back which sucks the energy out of them and we aren't built to get on the counter.

It doesn't look like Bucks will ever be able to get away from that defensive mindset and without that we'll struggle to kick enough of a score to give us a chance of winning the game.

This crazy season has exposed his biggest flaw - the inability to adapt both in a game and across one (or) several seasons.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of the same old bulls@it bucks tell it how it really is.

We are not good enough. We have players that are clearly not good enough. The system is broke and it’s been the same system that’s been broken for two or more years.

yes, we as a coaching group and team are easy to coach against. As soon as the opposition keep their back six in the defensive half of the ground we are f&&ked because I like to roll all my forwards up the ground and play my wingers in the back 50. If they put an extra behind, gees I’ve got no idea how we are going to score.

And then when we clear it out of defensive I want all our backs to push up. Oh s**t, forgot we can’t hit targets to save ourselves and we turn it over and it goes straight over our high backs into the arms of unopposed opposition players.

Last edited:
I love Bucks as a Collingwood man, but the spiels are getting annoying, without accepting that maybe things need to change with his coaching or game plan.
A coach who cannot accept change, shouldn't be there any longer.
You are right no question he is a Collingwood man, but maybe it is time to accept maybe and not unlike Voss who I am sure loved the Lions. But maybe senior coach is just not his calling. Or senior coaching without being at another club and getting a different perspective beforehand.

Maybe we could offer Bucks the director of coaching role?
Dunno if Clarko needs a DOC above him though....;)

He's played less than 10 games. He will take time. He's not the answer going forward, but he's at least better than Cox. Sydney just couldn't find for a spot for him, so letting him go was the only decision that would make sense for them.

He’s played less than 10 games because he isn’t very good.

Don’t get me wrong, as depth he is fine, but if we expect to be anything more than number this guy won’t be getting games unless we can surround him with genuine strong big men.

Our big man stocks, with the exception of Moore - who I think would be the best number 2 foward in the comp - and Grundy ( who is out of form and has mids who don’t make the most of his good work) Are atrocious.

Kelly looks promising, but is too young still. Cox and Cameron are both stop gaps.

With all this talk of salary cap pressure at Pie land the past few years, one has to wonder how the pluck we’ve stuffed this up so badly.

We pay too much to players who have done jack s**t yet want the world.

I live Degoey, but if he or even Moore hold us to ransom, piss them both off and do a port style rebuild.

what we’ve dishes up since west coast is totally unacceptable. Disgraceful.
I don’t. Care about 4 games in 13 days or injuries.

We are always injured,

This season we need to be ruthless to fix alot of glaring deficiencies. Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, Elliott, etc , first round picks all need to be on the table. No point carrying on with the same list that looks so incapable of going the next step....
Play our best kids, sort the s**t out from the clay and snare a top draft pick in the process. And then trade ruthlessly.
I copped some flak throwing up Sidey’s name for trade a few days ago. But he’s 29 and a blue chip player. Most others that you mentioned won’t have high currency.
We need a clean out, position ourselves in a high draft position, and trade ruthlessly.
I’ll draw the ire of some for my views and that’s ok. Everyone can have an opinion. But as a club and fans, if we don’t have the stomach for it and the balls to be ruthless, then we can carry on as we are.

He’s played less than 10 games because he isn’t very good.

Don’t get me wrong, as depth he is fine, but if we expect to be anything more than number this guy won’t be getting games unless we can surround him with genuine strong big men.

Our big man stocks, with the exception of Moore - who I think would be the best number 2 foward in the comp - and Grundy ( who is out of form and has mids who don’t make the most of his good work) Are atrocious.

Kelly looks promising, but is too young still. Cox and Cameron are both stop gaps.

With all this talk of salary cap pressure at Pie land the past few years, one has to wonder how the pluck we’ve stuffed this up so badly.

We pay too much to players who have done jack sh*t yet want the world.

I live Degoey, but if he or even Moore hold us to ransom, piss them both off and do a port style rebuild.

what we’ve dishes up since west coast is totally unacceptable. Disgraceful.
I don’t. Care about 4 games in 13 days or injuries.

We are always injured,
Wrong. He's played less than 10 games because key-position players take time to develop, and because key-position spots are so few, it's hard to give a game to all of them. There are plenty of players who can't get a game purely because of what team they play for, and some who always get a game for that very reason.

Again, I don't think he's the future, but you use the ball at 31% efficiency inside 50, no key forward is gonna be taking many marks. He would be much better with decent delivery.

your glass is half empty when things are going well - so why would I even bother tonight.
And days like this are your opportunity to shine - so I why would I be so unkind as to spoil your enjoyment.

Still refuse to admin you are completely clueless I see, deflecting as always when proven wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back