Game Day AFL Round 12 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Melbourne(Gabba- 5:10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m getting text messages from Demons supporters this evening... This is a new low point for me.
Just tell them that it’s not a proper season and all results should be discounted this year.That’s my story and I’m going to stick to it.

The season is a contrived mess anyway. Players breaking down everywhere, whilst trying to pack games in with ridiculous turnaround times. Threatening careers with soft tissue injuries, which can become chronic.
I remember the players were hoping the season would be cancelled when hubs were first mentioned. I get the feeling a number of players don't want to be there, and l think quite a few could be from our club.
Whether it is disinterest or they are playing sore or both, the next 6 games is going to feel like an eternity for the players.
I mean talk of a GF at the Gabba, what sh1te hole for a premium event, in front of 15,000 ppl, says alot about the season for me.

I'm not sure you would be saying the above if we were currently sitting top 4.

Most of the above are just excuses for us being s**t.

13 days, 4 matches and 3 states.

This result was always on the cards the moment the fixture for this block of games was released

Subsequent injuries, poor form and an opponent with an extra 2 days rest only compounded our problems.

Thank fu** that ott fixture is over. All caught up with them in the end. Injuries, umpiring, lack of energy conspired against us. Big break now and regroup for the run to the finals. Go Pies.
We have short breaks against Lions and Blues on worse terms, much worse terms against Lions, so not sure we have that much to look forward to.

I'm not sure you would be saying the above if we were currently sitting top 4.

Most of the above are just excuses for us being sh*t.

Well l would be, as l said the season should have been cancelled prior to it starting.
I have found it difficult to get excited about the season, and find it manufactured for the broadcasters, who wouldn't honour their contract unless some form of season was played.
Currently it is too much in favour of the interstate teams, especially Brisbane, which is due to necessity l guess, considering we can't play in Melbourne. I just wonder how well teams like Port or Brisbane wouid be going if they had to play most 2nd weeks at the G or Marvel.
A season it is l guess, and l just want it to end, and hopefully we see a regular season next year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks said we were “off tonight” and blamed the game on disposal efficiency. Ok champ that’s all that’s wrong...

35 goals in 5 matches, 4 of which were against Bottom 8 teams, 3 against 16,17, 18!!. Geel in last 5 matches have kicked 57!

Last edited:
Wonder if bucks has still got his 'eyes on the prize'?

He did mention it in last weeks presser , so maybe he doesn't mean this year? Or maybe the prize is not the cup? Is the prize 8th spot? Even that looks shaky.

Will satisfy some pie fans, although not the same as the pinnacle - runners up.

I'm stuck for words. Still only 2 games off 3rd. Possible as well for a team to win it this year from outside the 4. Langdon Greenwood Quaynor De Goey Howe possible inclusions. If we can win all but one of our last remaining games. We just have to believe and get behind our team.
I also feel we play a little better with Cox in the team.. Cameron is not the answer.

Bucks should take more chances with positional moves.. Try Moore forward for a bit, Maynard and Crisp in the guts.
Dunno .. I liked the way Sheedy coached sides, wasn't afraid to mix it up. Often with huge success.
It comes down to the players though.. shithouse disposal.. perhaps even a bit of Bucks game plan.. looking forward to Norf

Cameron was better last week than cox has been in all bar one game of his entire career. He was poor yesterday but looks a lot more like a footballer than cox ever has. I’d persist with him, I think he has shown a bit.

Well l would be, as l said the season should have been cancelled prior to it starting.
I have found it difficult to get excited about the season, and find it manufactured for the broadcasters, who wouldn't honour their contract unless some form of season was played.
Currently it is too much in favour of the interstate teams, especially Brisbane, which is due to necessity l guess, considering we can't play in Melbourne. I just wonder how well teams like Port or Brisbane wouid be going if they had to play most 2nd weeks at the G or Marvel.
A season it is l guess, and l just want it to end, and hopefully we see a regular season next year....
Melbourne didn't seem too disadvantaged last night by playing interstate.

Melbourne didn't seem too disadvantaged last night by playing interstate.

Do you think Melbourne would have done a number like that on Brisbane last night?
Melbourne were given an advantage in the terms of our block of games, including travelling to 3 different states in about a week, and the 2 extra days break.
I haven't really seen a Brisbane travel like that. Majority of the time they're playing at the Gabba or Metricon. Hence the advantage to a team like Brisbane, as we understandably hubbed in their state.

Last edited:
Cameron was better last week than cox has been in all bar one game of his entire career. He was poor yesterday but looks a lot more like a footballer than cox ever has. I’d persist with him, I think he has shown a bit.
Demonstrably false statement. Talk to me when Cameron kicks five goals in a game or two.

Demonstrably false statement. Talk to me when Cameron kicks five goals in a game or two.
It certainly was a false statement, but Mason Cox has kicked 5 in one game ever, and hasn't kicked 3 or more since R17 last year against the Eagles. He's also only taken 9 marks this whole year in 4 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back