Votes: 63 69.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just started reading the thread (up to page 2) but MORE whining about the game being at Richmond's 'home' ground. It was Geelong's 5th MCG game just this year and they've played there the same amount as at their suburban oval in Geelong. If the club doesn't know all the ins and outs of the ground by now they're incompetent. Time to get over it or start following some other sport.

Some bloke just rang up on the radio complaining about Geelong "always having to play home games against Richmond at the MCG". It's happened once previously. He didn't say how he felt about the regular home games against Collingwood at the MCG.

Thanks "Neil from Pakenham" for providing the cherry on top. :thumbsu:

It was 4 points. We had a few down, a couple up and a lot battled on. Still have few to come back in so it looks positive. Geelong relied on too few to do too much. Thought the game was over umpired which created far too many stoppages. Both sides copped some howlers. Anyways, take the 4 and move on. Better to go into the bye week as a winner than a loser.

Some bloke just rang up on the radio complaining about Geelong "always having to play home games against Richmond at the MCG". It's happened once previously. He didn't say how he felt about the regular home games against Collingwood at the MCG.

Geelong never had a problem in the 80s and 90s, and even the 00s at the G against richmond, or many teams for that matter

Only just started reading the thread (up to page 2) but MORE whining about the game being at Richmond's 'home' ground. It was Geelong's 5th MCG game just this year and they've played there the same amount as at their suburban oval in Geelong. If the club doesn't know all the ins and outs of the ground by now they're incompetent. Time to get over it or start following some other sport.

I Also have only read the last few pages but haven’t seen any outrage or whining from any Geelong supporters here regarding where the game has been played. In fact it’s been mentioned by opposition supporters more than anyone. I think most Geelong supporters agree playing on the G more is a must to beat teams who play there most weeks like the Tigers and Pies. I also subscribe to the thought process that the Cats are just a couple of good/solid role players away from matching top teams like the Tigers. It’s our bottom 6 who go missing far too often.

Honestly 46k Skilled has a capacity of what 33k? You are not losing much for competitive integrity.

Oh wait money, my bad.

Max, was surprised they got many. You needed to be in Melbourne today to know of the driving morning rain and biting wind. Not good footy weather particularly if you need to commute 45 miles to get there.

Did tidy up early afternoon but it would have been too late for many Geelong based fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Also have only read the last few pages but haven’t seen any outrage or whining from any Geelong supporters here regarding where the game has been played. In fact it’s been mentioned by opposition supporters more than anyone. I think most Geelong supporters agree playing on the G more is a must to beat teams who play there most weeks like the Tigers and Pies. I also subscribe to the thought process that the Cats are just a couple of good/solid role players away from matching top teams like the Tigers. It’s our bottom 6 who go missing far too often.
Well the first whinge I saw was;

Home on paper only. Lets not kid ourselves. This game is richmonds home game in every other way and its a blight on the league.

Funny thing is, when we have a home game against Geelong and the other MCG tenants there's really no home ground advantage because they all play there so much. Even playing interstate teams, they play more games at our ground than we (and others) play at theirs so again, playing (their home) games at their ground is more disadvantage for us than it is for them playing ours at the MCG. Just making the finals for an MCG tenant is a miracle.

Someone start a 'MCG Home Ground Disadvantage' thread.

thats cos we played richmond this week. not collingwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back