Opinion AFL Round 13 - Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

3C69F2E9-1AC4-49EC-83AA-9AAF01CA6448.jpeg
Liked - Seeing so many Fight MND beanies at all the games. Neale Daniher receiving an Order of Australia. I just like everything about Neale Daniher :)
Learnt - This season is still full of surprises and hard to tip. JJK is still the man.
Hated - Bucks having his last game at the SCG in front of a small crowd.

Liked:
- Bucks getting a win for his last
- JJK turning back the clock
- Cats getting the win

Learned:
- I may have gone too early in anointing Melbourne the premiers elect.
- It's time for Hinkley to go.
- Tom Barrass is one hell of a contested mark.

Hated:
- Scheduling. Why have a Thursday night game in a bye round... Saturday was the worst footy line up I remember.
- Razor. Just a clown - he thinks he's bigger than the game and his post-Papley petulance proved that his time is up.
- Geelong continues to pick players on reputation with pretty shitty consequences for our young guys coming up. Sadly, if I was Narkle, Clark or Constable I'd be looking elsewhere for 2022.

Liked: Riley Thilthorpe getting the nod for Rising star this week - kid is going to be a superstar
Learnt: Collingwood are not a bad side
Hated: The AFL having NFI on McKay's legitimate contest with Clark who ended up with a broken jaw, not filing any charge under MRP and still sending it to the tribunal. You really could not make this 5h1t up

Liked : Beating the nobodies in Adelaide

Learnt: It ain't over until the fat lady sings and she has a faulty tape measure!

Hated: The Victorian government handling of Covid and the madness of re-located games with no crowds in Geelong! It's utterly insane

Liked: pies turning up for bucks - guy has been shafted for something that wasnt his mistake

Learnt : more a suspect, melbourne are still fragile - someone gets a run on them come finals time and they will turn to water. Tanking is the worst thing you can do as a footy club. Culture beats 10 first picks in the draft.

Hated : same old gripe - more subjective rules in the afl every single year means more chances for umps to get it wrong. Every single year.

Liked: Tarryn Thomas. Low key having a great year

Learnt: Demons should still win the flag with their injury list but the soft lazy underbelly Melbourne fans have been assuring us doesn't exist any more is still definitely there

Hated: Bucks getting pushed out

Liked: Hawks once again beating the Swans at the SCG.

Learned: MRO and Hocking do not review games but solely rely on the media. 2 identical tackles in the Hawks vs Swans game and only one of them investigated because it was highlighted by the media.

Hated: Timing of games. The Bye rounds create huge gaps in timing. Have a single week off if the rest is actually needed. Schedule fun events for Fri and Sat nights.

Hated: Timing of games. The Bye rounds create huge gaps in timing. Have a single week off if the rest is actually needed. Schedule fun events for Fri and Sat nights.
Honestly they should just do rolling byes. 2 teams at a time or something.

Also when you go from 9 games to 6, having a Thursday night game makes it worse, not better. You need them when there's 9 games on to reduce the overlap. You can play 6 games no overlap without Thursday night.

Liked: Getting a win over the tigers...Buckley's win. Ball bounces differently in 2018 he's a premiership coach.
Learnt: Whately has the blinkers on. Guy just annoys me..
Hated: The general footy press. So many experts who generate negatives....then feed off it

Liked: Winning without Fyfey in the team
Learned: That Sean Darcy will be the number one ruckman in the competition in the future
Hated: The roulette spin that is umpiring decisions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back