Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously the number of people on BigFooty that support a team shows some level of support for a team. Doesn't look good when a new "plastic fake" team as you put it outnumbers you in the game day thread.
Not really. You’d need to look at each teams own boards game day thread, then need to account for the fact less people would use it when at the game.

I’m really hoping you’re just trolling with every one of your posts

Raising an elbow at a player's head is now 'protecting himself' Outstanding attempt but no
It is natural to attempt to create space between you and the collision. Cameron turns his head and raises his arm to protect himself. If he wanted to really knock him out he would have kept his eyes on the head of the opponent to make sure his elbow connected.

Any defender that flies backward into a contest RISKS getting KTFO. Stop pretending this isn't known in aussie rules unless you are new to the game.

What, we took over the carcass of Fitzroy who was struggling as it was?

The difference is also, we won a 3peat with it.. hows your trophy cabinet looking? This is your 8th season in the league and you have nothing to show for it, we had won a 3peat by now and played in four grand finals.

More than just talking all Fiztroys talent.

Long way to go yet.

Really wasnt it in Brisbanes 15th year or close to that?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It is natural to attempt to create space between you and the collision. Cameron turns his head and raises his arm to protect himself. If he wanted to really knock him out he would have kept his eyes on the head of the opponent to make sure his elbow connected.

Any defender that flies backward into a contest RISKS getting KTFO. Stop pretending this isn't known in aussie rules unless you are new to the game.

The only people on here trying(poorly) to defend this are GWS supporters. He had no play on the ball.

BTW I've been watching footy probably longer than you and I can tell an elbow from an attempt to cushion a collision. In time, you may achieve that skill

More than just talking all Fiztroys talent.

Long way to go yet.

Really wasnt it in Brisbanes 15th year or close to that?

To be honest, I was too young when the Fitzroy stuff happened, considering it was my birth year. I only know what I know from the last however many years and bits of information I've heard, i'm sure as s**t not going to go study it now to have an argument with you over it.

Brisbane Lions were formed in late 1996, Bears and Fitzroy were separate.

Good boys Giants! A win away from home against an experienced Brisbane outfit at the house of pain a.k.a. The Gabba. Tight contest, vocal crowd, but the boys getting away with the win.

Who the hell holds their forearm out to “protect their body”? If you want to protect you brace your arm into your side.

The only people on here trying(poorly) to defend this are GWS supporters. He had no play on the ball.

BTW I've been watching footy probably longer than you and I can tell an elbow from an attempt to cushion a collision. In time, you may achieve that skill
Yeah I seriously doubt that since I followed AFL before dockers came into existence (Fitzroy supporter), what were you doing before the dockers?

Any way your opinion is just that and seems completely biased. Andrews had no care for the safety of the players he was jumping into when he took his eyes off the players and put them onto the ball. Cameron was completely within his rights to protect himself from this player who jumped into him. If he did nothing he would have been the one cleaned up by Andrews.

To be honest, I was too young when the Fitzroy stuff happened, considering it was my birth year. I only know what I know from the last however many years and bits of information I've heard, i'm sure as s**t not going to go study it now to have an argument with you over it.

Brisbane Lions were formed in late 1996, Bears and Fitzroy were separate.
So can the bullshit then if you dont know.

Yes Fitzroy and Brisbane are separate.
Brisbane Bears and Brisbane Lions arent.

Caught him flush on the jaw with his elbow by the look of it.

I just don't see how he was either trying to protect himself or spoil.

I can certainly see an argument for intentional.

I reckon any less than 4 and he should count himself lucky.

Yeah I seriously doubt that since I followed AFL before dockers came into existence (Fitzroy supporter), what were you doing before the dockers?

Any way your opinion is just that and seems completely biased. Andrews had no care for the safety of the players he was jumping into when he took his eyes off the players and put them onto the ball. Cameron was completely within his rights to protect himself from this player who jumped into him. If he did nothing he would have been the one cleaned up by Andrews.

WTF? Not allowed to attack the ball and jump into a contest?

The scary thing here is a) you probably believe that and b) think it will somehow make the tribunal see something that doesn't exist.

Happy to point out you are wrong on both counts.

Hope you enjoy his ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scary thing here is a) you probably believe that and b) think it will somehow make the tribunal see something that doesn't exist.

Happy to point out you are wrong on both counts.

Hope you enjoy his ban.

Who knows what that "tribunal" will do. I don't think Fyfe should have gone for his effort yet he was. Not sure why you are celebrating players getting banned for accidental contact anyhow. Doesn't look good upon your character. Comparing it to Solomons hit on Ling even more ridiculous.

Who the hell holds their forearm out to “protect their body”? If you want to protect you brace your arm into your side.
I can understand holding it up to brace for impact, but he actually led with it. It doesn't look good.

I can understand holding it up to brace for impact, but he actually led with it. It doesn't look good.
He was trying to mark the ball when he noticed Andrews flying at him and turned his arm to protect himself from the collision. Stop being ridiculous. The only player who knew contact was going to happen was Andrews because he had his eyes on Cameron just before he switched to the ball.

Who knows what that "tribunal" will do. I don't think Fyfe should have gone for his effort yet he was. Not sure why you are celebrating players getting banned for accidental contact anyhow. Doesn't look good upon your character.

If it was accidental and I was celebrating you might have a point.

It wasn't accidental and i have made my view on that. I was not 'celebrating', I was condemning his conduct. There is a difference. Google the two

He was trying to mark the ball when he noticed Andrews flying at him and turned his arm to protect himself from the collision. Stop being ridiculous. The only player who knew contact was going to happen was Andrews because he had his eyes on Cameron just before he switched to the ball.
Have you ever run/jumped into anything at speed? You don’t protect yourself by holding a forearm out from your body

He must’ve been very afraid that Andrews head was going to do serious damage to his torso though :rolleyes:

So can the bullshit then if you dont know.

Yes Fitzroy and Brisbane are separate.
Brisbane Bears and Brisbane Lions arent.

If I don't know?

c402a4b2939c17e18c40554e502a4d69.png

http://www.lions.com.au/club/history/brisbane-lions-history/overview

There's the link for you as well. "The Brisbane Lions were officially launched on 1 November 1996 and joined the national competition in 1997."

Thanks for coming. Don't let the door hit ya ass on the way out. :thumbsu:

If it was accidental and I was celebrating you might have a point.

It wasn't accidental and i have made my view on that. I was not 'celebrating', I was condemning his conduct. There is a difference. Google the two
Yeah doing mental gymnastics to pretend you know it was intentional when Cameron clearly only notices Andrews at the last second when Andrews KNEW he was going to make contact with him is just ridiculous.

Only Andrews knew he was going to make contact because he was running towards the player first, turns to follow the ball and then gets hit. He risked it and got KTFO.

Have you ever run/jumped into anything at speed? You don’t protect yourself by holding a forearm out from your body

He must’ve been very afraid that Andrews head was going to do serious damage to his torso though :rolleyes:
lol, the most natural technique to protect yourself is to put your forearm and knee out to protect yourself. Are you trolling or something?

At no stage did he attempt to mark the ball. Some of the chat on TV was that an elbow that high is automatically classed as intentional at the tribunal. If not definitely reckless/careless.

Surely smartest brain is just a paid plant by chief to get the post count up on threads...no one could genuinely believe these things.
It's a troll account by the looks of it.

Back