AFL Round 14 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah I take this back, no chance of an upset here, their record in the second half of seasons must be horrific, just gets the point where they're a free pass for anyone who faces them after round 10.
Incredible ability to collapse after competitive starts. A sample size of their W-L ratios for the past five seasons:

4-3 to 5-11-1 in 2020
3-1 to 3-19 in 2019
3-2 to 4-18 in 2018
6-8 to 6-16 in 2017
3-0 to 6-16 in 2016

yeah I take this back, no chance of an upset here, their record in the second half of seasons must be horrific, just gets the point where they're a free pass for anyone who faces them after round 10.

Club needs an audit from the AFL. They have been in the comp for a decade and never even looked close to making the 8.

Incredible ability to collapse after competitive starts. A sample size of their W-L ratios for the past five seasons:

4-3 to 5-11-1 in 2020
3-1 to 3-19 in 2019
3-2 to 4-18 in 2018
6-8 to 6-16 in 2017
3-0 to 6-16 in 2016
Thanks for getting that info. That is truly woeful from the Suns though, AFL needs a please explain as to why they capitulate so much as the season goes on, just not good enough for the comp in general.

Don’t think a please explain is necessary, they’ve never achieved any kind of list maturity given huge and ongoing turnover and young players always fade out towards the end of the season. I reckon our record from 2007-2017 would look similar.

Gold Coast are absolute garbage. Such a useless club.
I've watched very minimal of them today (been watching the clippers)

There have been warning signs for ages for the AFL, but it's getting unsustainable. Just ruining young players careers to go up there and play.

Other than touk Miller. That kid is a gun.

Don’t think a please explain is necessary, they’ve never achieved any kind of list maturity given huge and ongoing turnover and young players always fade out towards the end of the season. I reckon our record from 2007-2017 would look similar.
I think that's the exact reason for the please explain mate.

If they want to be a feeding ground for continual turnover, go back to the NENSWACTVFL league

It's just a waste of a game every week, and a waste of players careers.

I think they need to know why they're constantly turning over the list though, and can't turn all the talented youngsters into a consistent team. They've never been lacking in good kids, or even solid role-players, but have never turned them into a reliable team.

I think that's the exact reason for the please explain mate.

If they want to be a feeding ground for continual turnover, go back to the NENSWACTVFL league

It's just a waste of a game every week, and a waste of players careers.
I mean it seems pretty obvious, they’ve had huge cultural issues and no one wants to live on the GC. I’m not sure what new information a ‘please explain’ is meant to turn up. If the question is ‘why are GC shithouse’ I think that’s been done to death. If Miller, King, Rowell, Anderson, Lukosius, Collins, Ballard and Rankine (among others) are around in 4 years they’ll be a very decent side.

I mean it seems pretty obvious, they’ve had huge cultural issues and no one wants to live on the GC. I’m not sure what new information a ‘please explain’ is meant to turn up. If the question is ‘why are GC shithouse’ I think that’s been done to death. If Miller, King, Rowell, Anderson, Lukosius, Collins, Ballard and Rankine (among others) are around in 4 years they’ll be a very decent side.
Who doesn't want to live on the gold coast? 18-24 year old men on 200-400k a year? It's a shithole to me, no doubt, but to say no one wants to live there when there seem to be no issue retaining players in SA clubs, WA clubs and to a point, Sydney clubs. It's a cop out. GWS have a turnover but more often than not they lose players they want to.

You're right about a s**t culture but we've heard that has apparently passed with dew and the like..

The issue is they have no accountability. They are so stable (ceo, coach, president etc) that nothing's going to change because the AFL will keep giving them the benefit of the doubt. And I think that's a problem, as bizarre as that is to say.

2010 and 2011 we won 8 games and a draw. 15, 16, 17 we won 7, 10 and 12 games respectively. Gold Coast's best season was 2014 where they won 10 games, and in 2013 they won 8, every other year they have won 6 or less.

Ex North players honestly sound like they hate their club when they commentate games.
It's funny comparing that to the half dozen or so north fans (especially on BF) who think LDU is the second coming of Judd, zurhaar is Leigh Matthews and they have the best under 21 talent in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Games like this one make the collective pant shitting of people on this board even funnier - Brisbane will end up winning but the way people here go on about how vulnerable we are to the other top 4 sides after a relatively meaningless loss would make you think they’re all indestructible.

It's funny comparing that to the half dozen or so north fans (especially on BF) who think LDU is the second coming of Judd, zurhaar is Leigh Matthews and they have the best under 21 talent in the league.
How many of North’s 21 and unders would we trade in for Spargo, Petty, Sparrow, JJ, Jackson, Rivers, Pickett and the three unknown 2020 draftees? No doubt they’ve got some guns in Thomas and Powell, and LDU, Lazarro and Xerri have some promise, but even if Phillips comes on they have a lot of work to do to strike any kind of fear into other up and coming lists like Essendon, Sydney, Freo and even Adelaide.

How many of North’s 21 and unders would we trade in for Spargo, Petty, Sparrow, JJ, Jackson, Rivers, Pickett and the three unknown 2020 draftees? No doubt they’ve got some guns in Thomas and Powell, and LDU, Lazarro and Xerri have some promise, but even if Phillips comes on they have a lot of work to do to strike any kind of fear into other up and coming lists like Essendon, Sydney, Freo and even Adelaide.
Bingo.

I think they are just so excited to finally get some top 10 picks to cream over, after all that time being middle of the road.

But still, Thomas and to a lesser extent Powell aside, the rest haven't really shown star power.

Anyone else find the motorcycle
Games like this one make the collective pant shitting of people on this board even funnier - Brisbane will end up winning but the way people here go on about how vulnerable we are to the other top 4 sides after a relatively meaningless loss would make you think they’re all indestructible.
North actually proving hard to beat in Tassie. Should move there permanently. 👍

Had a little sticky beak, saw a poster talk about bringing in a 'Ross Lyon' type to steady things. Pretty sure that's exactly what Bolton was doing.
I'll wait for their review thread to open and then I'll post s**t. The club is gone, they're dogshit

Again look at the fixture,
Port have only 3 games against top 8 sides to come and 1 is at home against us. 8 point game.

Brisbane have 3 left and 2 are at home

We have 4 and 3 are away

Cats have 3 and 2 are at home including against us. 8 point game.

This isn't a classic Melbourne are s**t scenario, the fixture is tough for us and bad percentage relative to others means we are only 1 game clear of port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back