Votes: 49 64.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melb fans, as a Port supporter, i feel your pain. We lost a final and other critical matches when we destroyed teams last year, on all stats other then the score.

The last 5 mins both teams had their fair share of frees or marks not paid. Yes the Brayshaw mark at 1.40 to go, but mins earlier Marshall marked in D50 with 4.19 to go, not paid. At 3.50 Salem got stone cold run down in the centre square....nothing.

Melbourne just fumbled. Sorry this doesn't suit the narrative, but its all there if you choose to take your angry glasses off

Yes, but it doesn't change the following:

- Wingard "mark" in Q2
- Melksham free against for "blocking" when protecting the drop zone
- Umpires putting the whistle away for Melbourne players getting hit high in Q4 (in particular I point to Melksham immediately before the Westhoff 50 and goal)
- Brayshaw non-mark in the last 2min.

The umpires rooted this game. Completely and utterly. People saying that umpires can't affect a result, the above is a minimum 3-goal swing.

Those things may be true, but it wouldn’t have mattered had Melbourne not choked so horribly with so much dominance around the ground. It should’ve been well beyond 3 goals by 3/4 time.

They were seriously ****** in the head tonight.
Whenever I see anything like 54 free kicks for a match I know there has been over involvement from the umps. Having said that it was only a 6 differential. 30 to 24 ports way. Hardly a huge difference. If us or Port complained about that every week we wouldn't watch footy.

The umpires were deplorable, yes
But we should’ve been 6 goals up at 3QT anyway so that’s our fault
Can I just say from my first ever interstate experience that Port have the most feral fans in the league and it isn’t even close

Can I just say from my first ever interstate experience that Port have the most feral fans in the league and it isn’t even close
Surprised more people STILL haven't realised this. I suspect if a fan threw a banana at an indigenous player in Victoria it would have gotten a lot more attention than the vicco media guys gave it.

The more wins port have the worse they will get. Port premiers is not something you want to see. If you think Richmond trolling has been bad, just wait to see what a port premiership will look like. Port trolls will be coming out from the wood work.

Surprised more people STILL haven't realised this. I suspect if a fan threw a banana at an indigenous player in Victoria it would have gotten a lot more attention than the vicco media guys gave it.

The more wins port have the worse they will get. Port premiers is not something you want to see. If you think Richmond trolling has been bad, just wait to see what a port premiership will look like. Port trolls will be coming out from the wood work.
No doubt you two sleep with a night light

If port were to make a grand final and we miss, I would like to barrack for the south Australian team over a Victorian team but the majority of Port supporters would just be unbearable, so I couldn't barrack for them, even against my most hated vicco teams.

The most underrated defender in the league

JONAS-FULL.png
Where? I don't see anyone? ;)

Similar to a lot of recent games for us. Dominate I50 for no score. Hogan and petracca looked lost.

Petracca can obviously play, but was very disappointing in the last when the game needed to be won. 1 disposal is very poor for someone of his talent.

The demons need to find out his role. Forward, midfielder maybe trying him off half back?

Anyway, while it may seem like an unpopular opinion, the demons need to work out what type of player the need and consider trading Petracca for that top line player.

If port were to make a grand final and we miss, I would like to barrack for the south Australian team over a Victorian team but the majority of Port supporters would just be unbearable, so I couldn't barrack for them, even against my most hated vicco teams.

Nobody cares

Whenever I see anything like 54 free kicks for a match I know there has been over involvement from the umps. Having said that it was only a 6 differential. 30 to 24 ports way. Hardly a huge difference. If us or Port complained about that every week we wouldn't watch footy.
We were talking about the crowd.

Half their goals free kick related yet they booed all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca can obviously play, but was very disappointing in the last when the game needed to be won. 1 disposal is very poor for someone of his talent.

The demons need to find out his role. Forward, midfielder maybe trying him off half back?

Anyway, while it may seem like an unpopular opinion, the demons need to work out what type of player the need and consider trading Petracca for that top line player.
I wouldn’t trade him

port won’t be winning the flag so no need to worry .

Good! last I looked this is a club based comp not kick-a-vic quasi state of origin.. dear god you clowns need clubrooms.

I wouldn’t trade him

Ideally you wouldn’t. But they need to get a lot more out of him.

I think the demons are so close. They are coming up short against the top teams but can change with possibly a minor adjustment.

They definitely need more speed through the midfield. Would be a shame if they don’t make hard decisions to fix up possibly their only real problem and get that top midfielder in.

Good game last night. Wingard in the misfiled and Gray are just all class. If he isn’t, Gray should be considered one of the top 5 players in the AFL.

U must attract feral people. Take my kids every game for 4 years. And never an issue with talking to opposition supporters. Ya see, tools attract tools

U must attract feral people. Take my kids every game for 4 years. And never an issue with talking to opposition supporters. Ya see, tools attract tools
Some crows fans think cheering loudly is feral that's the thing. Their home games are stale piss. A long with the smell of mothballs it's not a great experience.

We were talking about the crowd.

Half their goals free kick related yet they booed all night.
Breaking news: Home team boos umpires for paying frees fairly and equally.

Are you surprised by this? It happens everywhere. The home crowd want an armchair ride from the umps. They want to have an impact. So what? It adds to the atmosphere. Would you prefer empty crowds?

Atleast they had 40k in terrible conditions which was used as the excuse for Victorians staying away from the footy last week when they only got crowds of 26 or 27k.

Maybe you just aren't used to it as much as Victorian clubs travel interstate a hell of a lot less, but the noise of affirmation doesn't just live interstate. It exists in Melbourne against interstate sides as well. It's why it's called a "home ground advantage.".

We’ve missed Lever badly so far
He really was playing good footy again for you guys. Pretty much exactly how he was for us. The good news is he has done his knee before hasn't he if I'm not wrong? Which shows he can come back and not be a different player, one that doesn't reach his full potential. At least you know he can come back and get back to a really high level at some point and should still be a good 10 yr player for Melbourne football club.

Back