Oppo Camp AFL Round 15 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Its bad enough now with 50% of the comp making finals, definitely dont need to add to that.
I mean I think 8 from 18 works pretty damn well. You cull out a side that wouldn’t do any damage anyway now. Very few teams since the comp has gone to 18 have been completely rubbish in the EF - and ironically enough both North and Essendon have been the ones who got belted almost every time.

I mean I think 8 from 18 works pretty damn well. You cull out a side that wouldn’t do any damage anyway now. Very few teams since the comp has gone to 18 have been completely rubbish in the EF - and ironically enough both North and Essendon have been the ones who got belted almost every time.

Yea, massive brain fart from me thinking there was only 16 sides.. 😂. ...jumangiwhatyearisit.jpg

But I still reckon 9 is joke. Competitiveness isn't an issue, moreso it's rewarding teams who don't deserve to be rewarded for a bog average regular season. If we had 32 teams like the NFL do , expand the finals by all means. As it stands with the number of teams we have I think I'd rather cut it back to 6 than expand to 9 if given the choice.

Last edited:
Yeah I have no interest in wild cards or anything 8 from 10 works well. What I would like to avoid dead rubbers is a 17-5 fixture. Top 6 has the top 2/4 at stake, Middle 6 is competing for the last two spots in the 8, and introduce a draft lottery that rewards wins (amongst other things) with the bottom 6

Yeah I have no interest in wild cards or anything 8 from 10 works well. What I would like to avoid dead rubbers is a 17-5 fixture. Top 6 has the top 2/4 at stake, Middle 6 is competing for the last two spots in the 8, and introduce a draft lottery that rewards wins (amongst other things) with the bottom 6
I don't agree with that last part because it's unfair on the bottom teams they should still have best the crack in a lottery system.

I don't agree with that last part because it's unfair on the bottom teams they should still have best the crack in a lottery system.
Yeah I could have elaborated that part, no way would you be giving more entries to the team that finishes 13th if the win all 5 of the last games. I’d give set amounts of entries to teams based on their win-loss after the first 17 games when they’ve played everyone once, with your 17ths and 18ths having a significant amount more than your 13ths and 14ths, with wins earning them a token amount rather than something that would skew the lottery away from the bottom teams advantage

West Coast v Dogs

A west coast win sends us two games clear on top but brings WC closer to the top 4.

A dogs win keeps our buffer to just 4 points and makes top 4 much, much harder for West Coast.

I have West Coast in the same light as Richmond - the team I’d least like to make the top 4. They’ve got all their guns back and on paper it’s a fantastic 22.

Outside of a draw, I’d like the dogs to get up for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's garbage, dont let anyone tell you it's anything other than a money make scheme.

When the top 9 is well clear of tenth one year do we overreact and make the tenth team a potential wild card finalist also? Where does it end?

It's a slippery slope to absolute craziness from a league that already over thinks way too many things.
It’s also seppo bullshit. No offence AmericanAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back