• Geelong

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SUMMARY

If its finals dreams aren't already gone, a loss to Geelong would all but certainly write off Adelaide's season. The Crows (7-8) are two wins outside the top eight and also have to make up a massive percentage gap in the remaining seven games. The Crows will need to move the ball quickly, play on at every opportunity and take risks if they are to get back to the entertaining, high-scoring brand of football they displayed in the last quarter against West Coast in round 15. A win for the Cats (9-6) would consolidate their spot in the top eight, while staying within striking distance of the top four. Prime movers Joel Selwood and Mitch Duncan are in superb form, while the electric Tim Kelly is one of the finds of the season. And then there's 2016 Brownlow Medallist Patrick Dangerfield, who always produces something special against his former club.

WHERE AND WHEN: Adelaide Oval, Thursday, July 12, 7.20pm ACST

LAST FIVE TIMES

PF, 2017, Adelaide 21.10 (136) d Geelong 10.15 (75) at Adelaide Oval
R18, 2017, Adelaide 13.13 (91) d Geelong 10.10 (70) at Adelaide Oval
R11, 2017, Geelong 13.18 (96) d Adelaide 10.14 (74) at GMHBA Stadium
R18, 2016, Geelong 12.13 (85) d Adelaide 7.13 (55) at GMHBA Stadium
R8, 2016, Geelong 13.20 (98) d Adelaide 11.6 (72) at Adelaide Oval

THE SIX POINTS

1. Last year's preliminary final was as good as over at half-time, with the Crows holding a comfortable 35-point lead. Speedy forward Charlie Cameron, now at Brisbane, was the star with five goals for the game.

2. The Cats are the best defensive team in the competition, conceding just 69 points per game. That will make life tougher for the Crows, who have scored an average of just 63 points per game since round 10.

3. The Crows are aiming for a third-straight win over the Cats for the first time since 2002-03.

4. Winning the ball out of the middle is an area in which the Crows could take advantage. They are equal sixth for centre clearances this season, while the Cats are ranked last in the League.

5. The Crows have won two of the three games the two sides have played against each other at Adelaide Oval. Overall, the Cats have won four times from seven games at the ground, with three of those against Port Adelaide.

6. Geelong ruckman Rhys Stanley has been in strong form during the past month, and the Schick AFL Player Ratings back that up. Stanley is second for average ranking points per game for rounds 13-16, averaging 19 points per game. Cats teammate Mitch Duncan (18.9) is close behind in third.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR ….

Crows skipper Taylor Walker was huge for his side the last time it was at Adelaide Oval in the comeback win over West Coast. He was hardly sighted against Richmond last week, but he wasn't alone there. Walker needs to come up big if the Crows are a shot of keeping their slim finals hopes alive.

PREDICTION: Cats by 15 points
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/17/adel-v-geel

Could easily see the Crows getting up in this game.

Betts back, still probably a bit of emotion with Dangerfield. Not sure why some Crows fans are so down on this one.

Geelongs form has been patchy.

I think the Crows in this one. Not expecting too much from Betts although anything's possible with him. More than likely their seasons done, but it's not a tanking club.

I expect them to come out firing and end the season well.

not really

Absolutely you are over the crows. They'll come out breathing fire no doubt, but, over the 4 quarters, you'll be the better team.

Betts back, still probably a bit of emotion with Dangerfield. Not sure why some Crows fans are so down on this one.

It's super patchy, but it's the wrong sort of patchy for the Crows.

We generally play the Adelaide Oval well. We don't drop our bundle against sides who are pretty good, or who we feel like we owe. We're not coming off a bye. We've only banked one win recently. It isn't a Final.

The Crows could absolutely win this game, but they most likely won't see the Geelong side that tries to sleep walk through games from start to finish (think Essendon, Western Bulldogs and Carlton).

Because our form is piss poor?
I'm a glass half empty bloke normally, right now its got a few drops left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong should win, but won't. I am more than baffled as to why Simpson and Buzza are in the side and not Henderson, Crameri or Horlin - Smith?
If the Cats are to contend this year then they should beat the Crows by 6 goals, of course knowing Geelong only too well, they will go down by about 3 or 4 against another team lower on the ladder!
The Crows will have a few players playing for their future tonight.
Sloane's manager has pulled off the deal of the year and capitalized on the Crows fear of another defection with a 5 year deal for a 29 year old. He wins manager of the year award right there.
Which means something's got to give if the Crows are serious about Jack Lukosius, they have 3 picks in the top 20 this year and will need to offload a couple of players in order to secure the number one pick. That's if Carlton play ball. Crows will clean us up tonight sadly!

Geelong should win, but won't. I am more than baffled as to why Simpson and Buzza are in the side and not Henderson, Crameri or Horlin - Smith?
If the Cats are to contend this year then they should beat the Crows by 6 goals, of course knowing Geelong only too well, they will go down by about 3 or 4 against another team lower on the ladder!
The Crows will have a few players playing for their future tonight.
Sloane's manager has pulled off the deal of the year and capitalized on the Crows fear of another defection with a 5 year deal for a 29 year old. He wins manager of the year award right there.
Which means something's got to give if the Crows are serious about Jack Lukosius, they have 3 picks in the top 20 this year and will need to offload a couple of players in order to secure the number one pick. That's if Carlton play ball. Crows will clean us up tonight sadly!

A lot of useless dribble in there for a game day thread

Adelaide are likely to remain effectively three games out even if they win. Geelong needs the W much more, but it won't be easy. Potentially a very good game.

Smashed into 1.84 and going down. Get in before it goes below 1.80

They’re down their key defender in Tahlia. You guys will go well. Plus i think you got a bit of seige mentality about you guys now. Hostile crowd and can end the crows season. You’ll be plenty motivated. That plus my multi needs you guys to get up.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

They’re down their key defender in Tahlia. You guys will go well. Plus i think you got a bit of seige mentality about you guys now. Hostile crowd and can end the crows season. You’ll be plenty motivated. That plus my multi needs you guys to get up.

Its Talia, not Tahlia.

Why you talking to me like I follow Geelong?

Why you talking to me at all?

Its Talia, not Tahlia.

Why you talking to me like I follow Geelong?

Why you talking to me at all?

Sorry mate, obviously hit the wrong one to quote. Have a good evening. Relax. Breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkins, Buzza & Menzel up front too slow and the rest are kids. struggle tonight

Soz mate, this was my reply, I selected the wrong one to quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back