Game Day AFL Round 17: West Coast Eagles vs St Kilda @ The Gabba Thursday 5.10 pm AWST 10th of September 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Get home, turn on the tv, instantly see the eagles gifted a goal from a soft free kick to get them over the line. Some things never change.
The Slime got 5 Frees (and a 50m) to 0 in the last qtr.
Im convinced if we receive the same umpiring the Eagles got we would "score" at least 4 more goals a game.

Saints were robbed tonight.
some teams just get all the luck

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Ainsworth I'm not worried about but Brayshaw is a vanilla nothing player. There is no strength I'm seeing in anything he is showing. No attributes at all. How is he playing AFL because I cant see talent or improvement in him. No speed. Skills look average and just doesn't go for the hard ball when he has too. Seen him back out when he need to crash a pack last quarter. Usually there is something to work with but he hasn't got much to provide at all. Is a list clogger.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I for one was hoping he would surprise us all, but it appears that our coaching staff know more then us and tonight showed why Ainsworth was preferred over Hammer. If he gets another game next thursday, Im happy to be proven otherwise, but I think he may find himself on the chopping block.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Ainsworth just an upgrade on Hutchings?

Perhaps he could become a tagger? Has done two important jobs the last two weeks.

He's still a dubious kick, but looks like he's adjusting to the pace of AFL and has a decent footy brain. Starting to think he could make it and happy he's proving me wrong.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
For a skinny kid he tags well. Mental strenght perhaps.

I remember Shuey saying during the COVID break that he was paired with the fittest and best athlete on our list. I thought he was talking about Gaff.

It took me by surprise when he then revealed he was training with Ainsworth.

There might be something in it.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It will be interesting to see what the club try to do given the impacts from injuries. The words have been around system, but the players coming in are not up to the standard that will enable that system to operate.

With that in mind, something different needs to be attempted tactically to try and gain something from this match.

The upside is, if somehow it can be pulled off, the club will have stumbled upon a new way forward to win in wet Qld conditions going into what looks to be a finals series that will be characterised by wet weather.

Or you stick to the system and make everyone comply.

It’s official. Eagles are the borg.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
This is why we won, people
1599741399368.png

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Ainsworth just an upgrade on Hutchings?

Perhaps he could become a tagger? Has done two important jobs the last two weeks.

I think so.

Hutch can't be trusted again this season with his body. Failed him v Tigers last year and again this year when we needed him.

Aisworth is never going to be Liam Ryan, but if we can rely on him to do a job each week, he may just hang around a while longer.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Actually i rewatched it. Legs not taken out.

Brander is definetly the new whipping boy
Saints player taking the advantage actually kicked the ball into Brander’s body, ricocheted off and went bobbling towards the Saints half forward line where he chased after it.

The fact that Brander hesitated to go for the footy is what put him into a situation where Marshall had time to slide in and take his legs. Looked horrible on the replay as his leg bent back.

But I’d hope if he had his time again Brander would have gone harder with his initial attack on the footy which might have avoided that type of situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back