Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing 2x to Brisbane has hurt us badly.

Bombers still a chance to play finals.

I think there are at least 2-3 teams currently in the 8 that are no certainty to stay there.

Can't see Geelong missing out.
we need too many results to go our way to make finals
We can afford 1 loss and have sydney (etihad), richmond (G) and Port (AO) in our run home
We'd have to beat Hawthorn, anything less will keep us out
And we need Geelong, Freo and Sydney to beat the Hawks along the way
And North have to keep losing, and we can't afford Adelaide to get a run on (i.e need the Dees and Power to beat them).

No chance. Our % is too poor and this weekends results havent helped us a bit.

That's the point isn't it ? The tide turns and throws up up a flag for Richmond. Whodavethought ??
no one
so to predict Essendon are going nowhere and will be behind Carlton in 5 years is wishful thinking

No one know where either club will be in 5 years.
And to say we don't have a flag in us in that time is the same sort of thinking.

no one
so to predict Essendon are going nowhere and will be behind Carlton in 5 years is wishful thinking

No one know where either club will be in 5 years.
And to say we don't have a flag in us in that time is the same sort of thinking.
I thought Essendon will be in a very very good place?

At what point does relegation become a genuine discussion?

When the AFL recommends that Carlton no longer belong in the competition. That won't be happening anytime soon. Comparisons with Fitzroy's situation are ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reviewing the game and hopefully the tribunal will do similar in 12 to 24 hours time.
Anything less the 4 weeks for each incident and the AFL will surely appeal.
Cripps faux tough guy gets sat on his backside. Howe should be rewarded.
Btw, nothing in it.

Look I posted earlier in this thread that the umps were desperately trying to get us a score but I think you're bordering on hysterical here. "Attacked". No he pushed him and Gunston wrapped his head up, only momentarily, but still head high. Calm down with your hyperbole.

Can't calm down mate.

The fifty , like most fifties, are simply not warranted. Schoenmakers got a fifty for what?? I'm not sure , probably this idiotic run past the free kicker, within 10 metres, but I'm not sure.

I turned it off after that , I actually did not watch the game after the Shoes 50, because anger and frustration takes over from enjoyment, when you can't follow the decisions its time to shut down and do something else.

All of my life I followed footy, and I am getting fed up with the nonsense in the umpiring , and I'm sorry if you consider me over the top.

I was angry with first 3 fifty metre penalties dealt out , 2 for Carlton and one for Hawthorn, I was pissed off by all three and I stopped watching, that is a fact.

My game! my culture !my sport ! my effing money as a member, and the AFL put this s**t out on the ground.

Besides diluting the sport so badly with 2 extras we don't need, that you guys will be in the cellar for a long time!

And that is rotten for football!

Gunston went high. Obvious free.
You’re up by 33, maybe just relax and enjoy a big win.
Gunston was run into by a Carlton player, he tried to wrestle him off, he didn't start it, but copped fifty metres, thats what I'm talking about, the wrong person gets kicked in the head.
Also perhaps you need to have a look at "On The Couch" foxfooty, where they were actually complaining about the niggle, which in this day and age is so piss weak, after a goal or a miss they slam into an opponent. Well Jon Brown ( and no one can doubt that blokes courage) last night said concentrate on being courageous by hunting the ball with all your powers not niggling opposition players when all you get is a few pushes and shoves and jumper punches, what a pissy way , in days past if you did that you might discover that your testicles have run up about 2 feet into your abdomen with fear.
The niggle now is gutless, piss weakery! And not worth the cowardly action.

Back