Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood@GWS (GIANTS Stadium – 4:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

differences in teams the last game we played them which was the semi final last year.

Collingwood:

OUT: Langdon, Thomas, Greenwood, Stephenson, Goldsack
IN: Quaynor, Appleby, Brown, Roughead, Crocker

GWS:

OUT: Coniglio, Lobb, Shiel, Ward, Kennedy, Davis, Langdon, De Boer, Griffen, Buntine

IN: Taylor, Shaw, Daniels, Lloyd, Finlayson, Stein, Hill, Mumford, Simpson, Perryman

Obviously a couple decent outs for us but clearly they are much more effected. Some big names on that list, Coniglio killed us in the semi final with 30 touches and 2 goals. Realistically we should win this game if we turn up switched on. GWS will have the mentality we had last week against west coast though, so we have to be careful.

Losing Davis is a big out, hopefully keeffe is not up to the job

Agree, Davis is a huge out but I reckon Keeffe is a great matchup for Cox. This is his 1st game back from a hand injury though unless I'm mistaken.

Agree, Davis is a huge out but I reckon Keeffe is a great matchup for Cox. This is his 1st game back from a hand injury though unless I'm mistaken.
Agree about keeffe, that why l said hopefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their entire 1st choice midfield is out injured and their ruckmen are weeks away from retiring. If our mids dont win the midfield battle they can walk home, no matter how much they are paid.

Straight facts

GWS
Forwards >190: Dawson, Mumford, Finlayson, Cameron, Himmleberg, Tomlinson, (possibly) Stein
Forwards high 180s: Reid, Lloyd

COLL
Backs >190: Roughhead, Howe, Crisp
Backs high 180s: Appleby, Maynard

I slightly concerned Finlayson and Himmleberg being third talls could tear us apart using hight

They’re tall all over the ground with 7 guys 195cm plus. It’s a really interesting strategy against us and a bit of a gamble. My gut feel is that whichever midfield gets on top will have the edge because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back