Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is a good rule, poorly umpired... with the nominations.

But i don't think i heard supporters of the game paying any attention... whinging.
True
I'm not sure what you do about the nominations, be harsh on teams not nominating quickly I guess. To my mind there's no doubt Dangerfield exploited the rules, but he's not the first player that's ever done that

Back when Blitz was smashing records for third-man-up hitouts all these nongs were going red in the face and blustering, "there orta be a rule!"

Well, now there is a rule, and when Geelong get a correctly adjudicated free kick under it the nongs are still losing their minds.
Don't think Danger had any intention of contesting in the ruck. He exploited the rule to milk a free.
Clever, good gamesmanship, poor sportsmanship (in my opinion).
It worked. Good luck to him.

Don't think Danger had any intention of contesting in the ruck. He exploited the rule to milk a free.
Clever, good gamesmanship, poor sportsmanship (in my opinion).
It worked. Good luck to him.

How was it bad sportsmanship? He nominated and Brayshaw blocked him it probably was a free even if Danger wasn’t the nominated ruck as Brayshaw had his back to the ball and wouldn’t let Danger get to it.

Commiserations to Dees fans, did a lot right but maybe missed some opportunities to possess the ball and run time off the clock. McDonald was great and he made a few blues, but Petracca caused Geelong problems.
Cats with the great escape helped by excellent conversion, Ablett was great in the last quarter, he lifted offensively and defensively (more importantly, was good to see), Menzel is so good at thinking his way through situations, such a clever footballer.

How was it bad sportsmanship? He nominated and Brayshaw blocked him it probably was a free even if Danger wasn’t the nominated ruck as Brayshaw had his back to the ball and wouldn’t let Danger get to it.
He continually pushes up into Brayshaw's back and draws attention to it, struggle to see how that is a block, and he does it with the aim of milking a free, had no intention of contesting as a ruck imo.
You don't have to agree.

He continually pushes up into Brayshaw's back and draws attention to it, struggle to see how that is a block, and he does it with the aim of milking a free, had no intention of contesting as a ruck imo.
You don't have to agree.

Was Brayshaw allowing Danger to get get to the ball? No

Can you block a player without watching the ball at least? No

Clear free no argument required. Melbourne had a dream run and are clutching at straws.

Was Brayshaw allowing Danger to get get to the ball? No

Can you block a player without watching the ball at least? No

Clear free no argument required. Melbourne had a dream run and are clutching at straws.
Brayshaw never took his eyes off the ball.
Dangerfield initiated the contact by pushing hard up against his back and elbow as I saw it.
Players engage in contact at every ruck contest.
The difference here was Danger nominated as ruck in order to feign blockage as a ruck.
He exploited the rule.
Clever. Unsportsmanlike.

Dangerfield initiated the contact by pushing hard up against his back and elbow as I saw it.
The difference here was Danger nominated as ruck in order to feign blockage as a ruck.
He exploited the rule.
Clever. Unsportsmanlike.

How is it unsportsmanlike? Danger was the ruck Brayshaw wouldn’t let him compete what should Danger have done?

He exploited the rule.
Clever. Unsportsmanlike.
Get your hand off it

He exploited the rule.
Clever. Unsportsmanlike.
Danger nominated for the ruck, Brayshaw obviously didn't realise despite the umpire saying so, blocked him as he usually would block another midfielder and got pinged.

How is it unsportsmanlike?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger nominated for the ruck, Brayshaw obviously didn't realise despite the umpire saying so, blocked him as he usually would block another midfielder and got pinged.

How is it unsportsmanlike?
People's issue is that he had no intention of competing in the ruck, but only to draw the free. Why do you think he tapped his temple afterwards as if to say it was smart play?

TBH, I have no issue with Dangerfield, all he did was take advantage of a stupid rule. The third man up rule is one of the many reasons I have no faith in the decision makers in this whole state of the game committee they are carrying on with.

Not often you would see a side 4 goals up at 3/4 time, kick 3.5 in the last quarter & still lose.

What's the Melbourne version of Richmondy??
Dees-appointing - according to the guys who invented Richmondy.

I.e. 2 Guys, 1 Cup podcast with Will Andersen and Charlie Clausen

People's issue is that he had no intention of competing in the ruck, but only to draw the free. Why do you think he tapped his temple afterwards as if to say it was smart play?

TBH, I have no issue with Dangerfield, all he did was take advantage of a stupid rule. The third man up rule is one of the many reasons I have no faith in the decision makers in this whole state of the game committee they are carrying on with.

How do you know he had no intention of competing in the ruck?

Back