Game Day AFL Round 18: West Coast Eagles vs North Melbourne @ Metricon Thursday 5.10 pm 17th of September 2020.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Even if Geelong lose, there's still no guarantees we get top 4 is there?

Someone do the math please.
We’re sitting 3rd at the moment with 4 points on Geelong and 2 on Richmond. A loss from either locks us in. Theyre both playing 15th and 18th respectively though so I’d say we’re 95% 5th.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Possible permutations of Richmond drawing and Geelong winning which see us stay in the top four.

Our percentage is 116.9871

If Richmond draw with Adelaide 437-437 their percentage drops to 116.97 and we stay in the top four.
If Geelong beat Sydney 1088-1087 their percentage drops to 116.9870 and we stay in the top four.

350.png

After the debacle of the final round last year costing top 4

After still being a chance to play top 4 this year

Playing a team that might win the spoon this season

And we serve up that.

Ryan was a lone hand, Allen was good in the last quarter, and everyone needs a kick in the ass. Just insipid and lazy football.

We'll take the points, and move on. But if we are honest with ourselves, tonight was disgraceful

Would you go so far as to say it was trash and we all know it?

If Geelong or Richmond lose we are top four. Definitely.

As of now:
Eagles 48
Richmond 46
Cats 44

If both win, we drop out. There's no feasible percentage permutations with them both winning and us finishing fourth.
We'll be 4 point ahead of them if they lose
We're 3rd currently on 48. Geelong are on 44.
We are guaranteed if one of them loses, we are ahead on points, we are 48 now Tigers 46 and Cats 44.
If one of them loses, we're 4th.

If both lose, we're 3rd.
Nearest is Collingwood on 38 points, so we can't finish lower than 5th
We’re sitting 3rd at the moment with 4 points on Geelong and 2 on Richmond. A loss from either locks us in. Theyre both playing 15th and 18th respectively though so I’d say we’re 95% 5th.

Thanks guys. Sounds like it's season over then :thumbsupemoji:

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Would you go so far as to say it was trash and we all know it?

It is incredibly infuriating because those boys played like there was nothing to play for.

It was just lazy.

A record 19 broken tackles of ours should tell you all you need to know in terms of effort and intent

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Liam Ryan: Magic man. Electric

Oscar Allen: The difference! Capitalised

Brad Sheppard: All-Australian, thanks

Nic Naitanui: Some brilliant taps

Bailey Williams: Lockett-like hands

Jake Waterman: Mullet level = expert

Will Schofield: Love his dare

Dom Sheed: Welcome back! Crucial

Jack Darling: Superb dribbled goal

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
It is incredibly infuriating because those boys played like there was nothing to play for.

It was just lazy.

A record 19 broken tackles of ours should tell you all you need to know in terms of effort and intent
We didn’t really have anything realistically to play for either. Sure 4th is still up for grabs, but is it really? If a win guaranteed 4th I’d be a bit more pissed about the effort but we just needed to cruise through, take the W, and see how the cards fall this weekend. With a 95% chance of us finishing 5th I think a “lazy” win was almost ideal. Sits us on the fence in terms of keeping something in the tank for a potential 4 game run but also gives us the 4 points to put our hat in the ring for an unlikely 4th if our luck is in.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
How’s Lyon banging on about the gws player saying he was leaving.

“if he was playing, would the coach still send him back to Sydney ?”

garry, you *head , if he was playing he wouldn’t have said he was leaving, not until the season was over.

How’s Lyon banging on about the gws player saying he was leaving.

“if he was playing, would the coach still send him back to Sydney ?”

garry, you fu**head , if he was playing he wouldn’t have said he was leaving, not until the season was over.

Oh poor Garry, he more often than not, just has NFI.

I knew that my less than impressed opinion of Ainsworth, was correct when I heard Lyon commented " that he like this kid got something about him " .

I guess in Lyons defence, when you have been following Melbourne for as long as he has, you have pretty low expectation and get aroused over glimmers of mediocrity .

Back