Autopsy AFL Round 19 - Another Loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes you’re right. And I think Jonathan Brown summed it up saying we look like a very good team cruising along waiting for finals. Back then we could play one brilliant quarter and still win big. We no longer have the personnel.

That's what we all hoped, but I honestly think it was just a case of us having more belief and thus out swarming teams in last quarters, rather than us playing a style of footy that actually outscored teams.

That's what we all hoped, but I honestly think it was just a case of us having more belief and thus out swarming teams in last quarters, rather than us playing a style of footy that actually outscored teams.
Maybe, and if so, our belief has taken a hit with our revolving door of injured players. Continuity and cohesion breeds belief.

Might cause turnovers though. Better to score no goals from rebound than to increase the chance of conceding a goal from turnover... :drunk:

I think it was playing daring football, taking some risks going into the corridor which made us look dangerous last year and got us within a kick of a premiership.

And yes there were occasions we got caught out, however, that’s the game. You’ve got to win games and you need to score.

Right now we can’t score. We move the ball slowly. We try to play ‘keeping off’ but that isn’t allowing us to move the ball fast and get it quickly to our forwards.

We need to take risks. We are at our exciting best when we do. And we win games.

For the first time since... well I can't recall the last time that I stopped watching a game, but yesterday I did.
Just no positives to come out of the way we are playing.
You can handle a loss if you see a game plan formulating, or young talent developing. But not seeing anything like that.
Other than maybe two or three games this year we have been awful to watch.
Even many of our wins were off the back of pretty uninspiring bland football, just managed to have momentum for a qtr or so and that got us over the line.

For the first time since... well I can't recall the last time that I stopped watching a game, but yesterday I did.
Just no positives to come out of the way we are playing.
You can handle a loss if you see a game plan formulating, or young talent developing. But not seeing anything like that.
Other than maybe two or three games this year we have been awful to watch.
Even many of our wins were off the back of pretty uninspiring bland football, just managed to have momentum for a qtr or so and that got us over the line.

2 Game in a Row you could Turned Off or Went home at QTR Time

I'm not knocking Bucks as a coach, but please, you CAN blame our injury list FFS.

If you can't blame injuries, then you can pick up a turd by the clean end!!!!!!

I'm not knocking Bucks as a coach, but please, you CAN blame our injury list FFS.

If you can't blame injuries, then you can pick up a turd by the clean end!!!!!!

Injures are Defintally Part of it but not the Whole Reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, after wanting to sack our Doctors, Fitness Staff, Assistant Coaches and Players, you finally got there

You must offer the least to discussions out of everyone on the site. You never have football opinions you just cherry pick a comment about coaching and then attack the poster over it. If you saw yourself posting you'd ignore yourself in an instant, then boast about it.

Mod Post:

Think it is a timely reminder of two Collingwood Board rules that some posters appear to be ignoring:
  • This is a forum for Collingwood supporters, not Collingwood detractors, so if you dip predominantly into the latter, you leave yourself open to sanctions. Repetitive negative agendas will be watched closely and actioned.
  • If you want to post about how those in charge have got it wrong, try to do so in a way that displays a modicum of maturity and intelligence. Objectivity is the key.
Further opposition supporters please note:
  • Constructive and friendly debate is more than welcome.
  • Remember to tread extra softly on our board joining in banter 'okay' rather than misinterpreted as trolling...
  • Disrespect towards Collingwood or its players will be met with an infraction

Blaming injuries is a cop out when most players on the list have gone backwards by a fair margain.

Only Aish and Brown have really improved. Crisp, Maynard, Grundy and Pendlebury the same as 2018 or thereabouts. Missed a few probably but point is majority of the players on the list are going backwards.

No effort is highlighted by a poor contested possession stats - we won contested possession last night.

So the red face is yours.
Contested possession is such a misleading name for that stat. Free ball gets would be a better one. Did you think we won the hardballs, the 1v1s last night spinny? Did you think we looked anywhere near as committed at the ball and tackle as the tigers.?

Blaming injuries is a cop out when most players on the list have gone backwards by a fair margain.

Only Aish and Brown have really improved. Crisp, Maynard, Grundy and Pendlebury the same as 2018 or thereabouts. Missed a few probably but point is majority of the players on the list are going backwards.
Gee tough on Crisp, think he has had a great year.

Contested possession is such a misleading name for that stat. Free ball gets would be a better one. Did you think we won the hardballs, the 1v1s last night spinny? Did you think we looked anywhere near as committed at the ball and tackle as the tigers.?

CP - is clearly the stat always quoted for effort - always.
So no point trying to disparage it.

When people try to speak of poor effort when we won CP just shows they have NFI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back