Autopsy AFL Round 19 - Another Loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry - find me a single commentator when bagging effort that doesn’t go to CP as the primary stat - it doesn’t happen.
Uncontested differential of 14 is not huge enough to make a case - 30 or 40 maybe.

There was no heat in the contest after quarter time so all the stats are irrelevant. They went into cruise control and showed mercy. They were always in complete control.

I would consider not winning a quarter, until the last (won it by 6), as essentially being blown away - yes.

Hardwick would be very content, I'm sure. They were 50+ points up in the last, and we pinched a few cheap ones late.

Come on LP - that’s not a credible definition of blown away.
If that was the case we’ve been blowing teams away for 18 months.

We got blown away in the first quarter and then never got within touching distance. We got toyed with and a few junk time goals to add respectability.

and Rain help keep there Score Down

IF we keep getting Injuries we might not be able to Field a Team or even a Competitive one
Well then Dave, you and I will just have to get together and do a 'no injuries (rain) dance'.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History will show you pretty much need to finish top 3 to win the flag, barring a miracle.

We aren't good enough to win 4 finals in a row against WCE Geelong Richmond and someone else
We will just have to hope that a) we get some decent players back, and b) we can still finish top 4.

It was like the 100m Olympic final, Usain Bolt got out of the blocks first and from then on with his long legs noone was catching him. The statement was made and the rest of the time was just to make sure the paying public got their money's worth.

Ever watched Bolt run? He's slow out then catches them by 30m then he just goes till 90 and switches off

Ever watched Bolt run? He's slow out then catches them by 30m then he just goes till 90 and switches off

Yeah I've watched biomechanical analysis of his run. The science that goes into 100m running is amazing to shave off another millisecond.

It's his height that makes him come out slow so he keeps himself tucked in as much as he can and if he can come into full stride level with them, it's over.

Watch this:

Was just in response to your comment, Spinny.

And yes - it hurts, I consider myself a judge. I thought we'd be incredibly HTB this year. And it's all fallen by the wayside.

It hurts.

One can only hope we get some players back, stay healthy and storm into the finals with confidence, momentum and a dramatically reduced injury list.

If that happens we can do some damage - I don’t fear any team.

Slightly delayed reaction considering I only managed to bring myself to watch the post-match conference now after the trauma of being present last night and witnessing that, but can I just say...Buckley reckons we're "only a little bit off"? Only a LITTLE BIT OFF??!!! 😳😲🤔 what kind of hard s**t has he been smoking, the bloke is absolutely fukn fried if thats his honest assessment. We are completely cooked if last night is the best we can muster from here on in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back